Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old May 11th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Owned by goldens

General Forum

I work in a school. The school yard is surrounded by a 6 foot fence with an area of grass between the fence and sidewalk. The kids who walk to school walk on the grassy area before coming into the school yard. Last week I noticed a lady walking her large dog on the grass. She looked like she was trying to get him to "go" on the grass. I didn't say anything that day but the next day I was outdoors with the kids when I noticed the same lady walking her dog along the grass. Sure enough the dog squatted and peed on the grass about a foot away from where the kids were playing. She then continued to walk her dog until she came up to the gate where the dog decided to poop. It was obvious the purpose of her walking the dog was to get him to "go". I asked her politely if it was possible for her to walk her dog elsewhere. She told me that she always picked up after her dog, so I said the kids walk there and there is always residue leftover and the kids walk in it and then bring it inside the school. She became rude and asked me where she should bring her dog. I told her there was a large area across the street or "ON HER OWN PROPERTY". She informed me that the school was public property and she had the right.
This maybe so but I think it is logical to not allow your dog to poop or pee in an area frequented by kids. It is fine to pick up after your dog but if he happened to have diarhea.
Even know the school gates are locked most of the time when the school is closed we often find dog poop in the yard. People must lift their dogs over the fence. I know that inside the gate is private school property but is the are outside the fence. The area is maintained by the school.
Old May 12th, 2008, 12:18 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by coppperbelle View Post
She informed me that the school was public property and she had the right.
Public property yes , but it is for the kids !!! not to walk dogs and let them poop and pee all over the place !
Old May 12th, 2008, 02:39 PM
Senior Contributor

True, she walks the dogs there because she doesn't want poop in her yard. Well gee, maybe the school doesn't want poop where the kids are going to step on it.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old May 12th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Owned by goldens

dog pooping on school property

She hasn't been back since I spoke with her last week. I did see her one other time and she was walking her dog across the street from her house on the grass near the train tracks which is where I suggested she walk her dog. I guess I shamed her or maybe she spoke with someone who agreed with me. For whatever reason she isn't bringing her dog on school property at least when there are kids in the yard.