Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Rescue (Adopt) a cat - listings

Old June 26th, 2004, 06:44 PM
Senior Contributor

Kittens - Manx and black.

Pic coming!!

Two precious Manx kittens - one rumpy and one stumpy. One long haired and one medium. Both males. One has a hormone deficiency, but is recovering. They are too adorable for words. About 8 weeks old.

Two all black kitties - about 6 weeks old. Very very cute!!!!
Old December 17th, 2004, 02:20 PM

Miracles: Harry

Hi. I am new to the board and I just wanted everyone to know what happened to the little long-haired rumpy Manx with the hormone deficiency. After a few near-death experiences, he is now 8 months old, 7.5 lbs and full of hair. He went through the ringer though. He had major emergency surgery on his intestines at around 8 weeks of age. He was rushed to St. Hyacinthe where he received a few days of intensive treatment for his inflated stomach, including a stomch-pumping. He wore diapers for fecal incontinence the first few months of his recovery. He also took lots of meds. Throughout the whole thing, he purred and kneaded his paws and he caught the hearts of everyone who treated him.

He is a gorgeous guy and is probably a Main Coon/Manx mix. He is beloved by all who meet him and he is truly a special cat.

Lisa.
Old December 17th, 2004, 02:23 PM
Senior Contributor

Awwwwwwwww!! He already sounds precious!! To paraphrase my passenger who said to me the night we survived the moose incident and managed to stay alive, the creator must have special things for him. I look forward to the pix - I wonder how a Manx and a Siamese would get along.
Old December 17th, 2004, 02:49 PM

Lucky,

canine14 is looking for homes now for some of her 22 cats, let see if we can help her out. I pm'd her your name & told her you were the one to speak too if she is willing to hold onto these babies until suitable homes can be found. She will however be keeping the manx this post was originally regarding, and all her other special needs. She just has her hands full, and no luck locally finding homes. What can we do??????
2 Medium Haired All Black Cats:
Robert Age 1 1/2
Mango Age 2 1/2
"PIT-BULLS ARE LIKE POTATO CHIPS......YOU CAN NEVER HAVE JUST ONE"
Old December 17th, 2004, 02:52 PM

Thank you

Of course I can keep the cats until suitable homes are found. I wouldn't have it any other way. There are simply too many. I also feed ferals outside which I've trapped and neutered/spayed. All in all, 22 cats in the house is crazy and even the dogs are starting to smell like cat pee! I took some of them in to save them from immediate death with the intention that I would find them homes eventually.
Old December 17th, 2004, 03:04 PM
Senior Contributor

Lisa, are you the person who came to the event in St.Anne de Bellevue and adopted that poor little Manx?? Without you, his outlook was extremely grim.
The little guy touched our hearts and Debbie and I still talk about the miracle that day of you happening along just at the right time! Do you have a pic of him??

Of course we will help. Please send me pics of the cats you need to have adopted, and I will put them on my Petfinder site!

You are truly a kitty angel to take in all the special needs cats and give them loving homes.

laurent376@hotmail.com
Old December 17th, 2004, 03:12 PM

See Lisa,

I told you Lucky is the one to speak to, between you two sweethearts think of how many cats can be saved. Lucky, have we told you lately how great you are??????
2 Medium Haired All Black Cats:
Robert Age 1 1/2
Mango Age 2 1/2
"PIT-BULLS ARE LIKE POTATO CHIPS......YOU CAN NEVER HAVE JUST ONE"
Old December 17th, 2004, 04:18 PM
Senior Contributor

Ditto to that.Lucky is our Kitty
Old December 17th, 2004, 08:39 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh stop it!

If anyone deserves praise, it's Lisa for taking on the animals no one else would ever adopt!!
Old December 17th, 2004, 08:53 PM

Thanks again...

Lucky,

Yes I am the one who came to the adoption clinic and adopted the little Manx guy. Harry is healthy and happy and loving and is such a joy and a miracle that I just wanted to share his story with you all. He wears no diapers, hasn't needed his stomach pumped in months, and he only takes the occasional laxative (Laxatone). He is my vet's darling. Harry plays with his feline siblings constantly and is always happy.

I will email you photos of my cats for adoption for your web page. Thank you so very much.

As for taking in the ones that no one else wants: I want them. After all, a life is a life.

Lisa.
Old December 17th, 2004, 09:59 PM

Canine, you're a real
Old December 17th, 2004, 10:04 PM
Senior Contributor

It was fate. I was standing next to the cage that held the Manx kittens, and this little one was so pitiful it just broke my heart.

Lisa appeared, wondering if we had any "special needs" cats. Did we!! I whipped that baby out. That was his lucky day. I cannot thank you enough for what you've done for him. Euthanasia was his only other option.

I"m so happy to hear he's doing well!!
Old December 18th, 2004, 08:15 AM
Senior Contributor

That's what Christmas is all about,a Christmas coming along saving these little lives,every bit as important as any other lives
Old December 18th, 2004, 11:06 AM
Senior Contributor

This is such a wonderful Christmas story!! (Speaking of movies, someone ought to write a book about THAT or do a movie,) Harry is lucky but so is Lisa, he sounds like a great kitty! And we are "lucky" to have Lucky
Old December 18th, 2004, 03:52 PM
banned user

Lisa

You are a true for taking this little guy in and standing by him through such a difficult time. I agree it is truely heart warming christmas story. It's to bad we can't put you on top of a christmas tree.
Old December 19th, 2004, 02:34 AM
~Cat Servent~

That is so great.....just great.... man was I in need of a post like this....
Bravo guys... all of you... :love:

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M