Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old March 18th, 2008, 08:32 AM
Kitty pimp

I was sooo wrong!!!

So after DU took so well to the kittens and Dr lisa found a forever home for them, I thought hey maybe DU wwould like another cat in the house.
SO I briught a 2 yr old kitty home to foster from here kitty kitty.

I let Moosshka out and they hiss at each other so far no fighting
DU retreats to her safe place and stays there. and stays there AND STAYS THERE !!!
next morning mooshka is in the living room and DU ventures out MOooshka makes a hiss and run for DU and DU retreats back to her safe place and stays there and wont eat and wont come out for her brush which she loves.

After a few days she comes out but stays in the bedroom and any time moosh comes in (moosh is a no fear Kitty by the way } she retreats

OK OK well after 6 days of this Moosh goes to the adoption day at Petco and I stay by her and pimp my butt off anf get her adopted praise lord BUddah

Well mea culpa what can i say I was sooooo wrong and at least DU is forgiving me slowly.

It was really nice having a no fear cat, but i Love My DU so much that it was really no contest. Leslie from here KK says well maybe you can do some kittens bye and bye.
Old March 18th, 2008, 08:59 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
pimp my butt off
We need more details! Did you sing, cry, expose bits?
Old March 18th, 2008, 09:09 AM
Kitty pimp

what i did was friday night, i kept moosh up all night pllaying then woke her up early and played some more before we left i gave her a 1/4 tab of cypro and she slept So when someone showed an interest I could take her out and she would purrr and fall asleep in the costumer;s arms. I did tell them that she was a play cat though and will play all day if you want her to.

So after a while a family with a 10- yr old daughter came in and relly liked moosh and took her home They had been in before and had gotten vetted

lol then I sold another to someone who came back to see moosh. here kitty kitty wants me to come to adopt days all the time now But I sell for a living and dont really want to sell on my days off too and frnkley I was inspired mostly by wanting to get moosh a home so i wouldnt feel too guilty about sending her to another foster.
Old March 18th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Getting defensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Hall View Post
... before we left i gave her a 1/4 tab of cypro
What is cypro ?

Pugsley Bo
Butterscotch
Burbel Grey
Old March 18th, 2008, 09:31 AM
Senior Contributor

Jim,you are doing great fostering,but I am glad for DU,not having to be afraid anymore.
Since she bonded with the kittens,maybe fostering kittens is the best way to go,I am sure there will be plenty this time of year.
Old March 18th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Aww poor DU. Some kitties are just so timid. It doesn't mean you won't be to get a playmate for DU, but just need to be selective in their personality. Perhaps a quiet, young male who does not show any agression (hissing/growling) at other kitties (hissing/growling).

A friend of mine adopted the sweetest, quiet, young male to get along with her resident female and it is working out well.

My Jasper does not hiss at new kitties he meets, only asks if they want to play! He does the typical, yawn, avoiding eye contact, turning away of the head, doesn't hiss.

So they are out there to find

Jasper, male Ragdoll ?? (approx 10 yrs)
Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 7 yrs)

Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old March 18th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Senior Contributor

That's tough, but I'm glad you found Moosh a home. And I'm glad DU doesn't feel she's got to hide anymore.

Vlad is the welcome wagon, Oksana is the hisser, Maks is the hider and Kiska pretty much follows what both Vlad and Oksana do.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old March 18th, 2008, 01:47 PM
-

Geeze....poor DU. You just need to find her a laid back kitty to be her buddy.
Old March 19th, 2008, 01:07 AM
Critter Cult Peon!!

Location: small, decrepit-but improving!-farm in Southern Ontario
Smile

Glad to hear 'Moosh' got a good home, and that DU is happier; always sad when one has to resort to ye olde pimp extreme, but A+ for effort . Having a multi-cat household can be a real challenge, that's for sure. I've found having 2 or 3 cats the most difficult sometimes...as the numbers go up, it CAN (not always!) actually get more peaceful. Cat dynamics and all that.

Maybe you just need to be a megafoster type, with at least 50+ cats ; I've been in such houses, and there are cats everywhere being downright serene (I would imagine any real troublemakers are screened and separated)... As for dogs, we had a heckuva time finding a second dog that our Aussie/Border Collie x would tolerate. It was a bit like the 'dating game', except with neutralized genders .

Enjoy some quality quiet with DU, and maybe next time will be easy-peasy??!!
Old March 19th, 2008, 09:43 AM
Kitty pimp

OMG 50 cats and when would i find time to make a living LOL

cypro is cypoheptadine in humans is an anti histamine but usyally works like some kond of kittie X and turns them into little eating and loving machines
My vet prescribed some as a general appetite booster but I only use ot very very sparingly because its a liitle scary and seems to biologically work on felines literally like cocaine