Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old December 22nd, 2007, 12:08 PM
Senior Contributor

Some new pictures

I call this one, Ying & Yang

What's wrong with this picture?

I got myself a new sheet set and a really nice comforter. EVERYBODY liked it.

Tiny Miss was hiding, and that big lump in front of her is Vlad under the covers. Oksana had just jumped down.

There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old December 22nd, 2007, 12:11 PM
Senior Contributor

Some quiet time

I love these two pictures.

There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

Old December 22nd, 2007, 01:43 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Cute pics, ancientgirl. They all look like they're getting along nicely.

So did you ever get to try out your new sheets and comforter?

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old December 22nd, 2007, 01:49 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Such cuties
The one with the kittybeds is hilarious!! Isn't that the way it goes though?

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old December 22nd, 2007, 03:14 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
Cute pics, ancientgirl. They all look like they're getting along nicely.

So did you ever get to try out your new sheets and comforter?
I actually just bought that set today. I hadn't even finished making the bed before Oksana jumped up, then Vlad joined her. I came upstairs 10 minutes later and Kiska was under the covers, with her head on the pillow, just like she was already tucked in for bed

14+kitties, I got that big bed for Vlad, because whenever he sleeps in the one he's in in the picture, he gets up, stretches, then gets back in. So I figure, okay I'll just get him a nice big bed, so that he can just stretch in there. He's been in it once! Thank goodness I didn't pay a lot for it.

You know, you see these nice comfy beds and think, they would love a nice warm comfy bed. Instead they sleep anywhere but! Even on the cold floor!

Old December 22nd, 2007, 03:22 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

You can't tell kitties where to sleep. They decide that. That's why when we did the catuary shed I said lots and lots of shelves please. And then I covered the shelves with carpet and the big shelf has blankets too. I will need to do a major clean out and laundry in the spring (and part way through winter too) I am hoping when I do the addition next year that I can get some beds for them but I figure they will probably just go right back to their shelves. They all seem to have "found" their spots. Quite comical about it too when you see some of them curled up in the weirdest spots.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old December 22nd, 2007, 03:25 PM
Senior Contributor

Awesome pictures! Love seeing your kitties.

I agree about the beds. I've gotten some comfy looking ones for my gang and I'm so disappointed when they seem to ignore them. One of my new kittens has a favorite place on the couch. I figured I'd put a nice soft blanket there. She sleeps BESIDE the blanket. I put a little bed there. She slept BESIDE the bed.

Dracko (GSD) male - 2000 - 31/02/2011 RIP my boy
Mochie (Balinese X/feline) female - 1994 - 07/01/2010 RIP my sweetie
Ginkgo (Siamese X/feline) female - 6 years
Smitty (long-haired white/feline) male - 5 years
Teiya (Ragdoll x/feline) female - 3 years
Kinsey (Ragdoll x/feline) female - 3 years

DON’T BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER PETS DIE!
Old December 22nd, 2007, 03:32 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracko View Post
I agree about the beds. I've gotten some comfy looking ones for my gang and I'm so disappointed when they seem to ignore them. One of my new kittens has a favorite place on the couch. I figured I'd put a nice soft blanket there. She sleeps BESIDE the blanket. I put a little bed there. She slept BESIDE the bed.
My toy does that. She sleeps beside me......doesn't matter where I am, she is beside me ........ so I put a blanket on the couch so she doesn't mess it up (it's new) and she moves to the end of the couch. She has 2 beds, one big, one small. She loves the big one and ignores the small one.

Old December 22nd, 2007, 04:33 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracko View Post
Awesome pictures! Love seeing your kitties.

Yep, that's what Oksana does. First I got a bed for her and Vlad. Vlad used both, so Oksana decided to sleep on the carpet. I put a blanket on the carpet, she slept next to the blanket.

Now she usually sleeps in one of the spots of that blue kitty apartment I got at Target. Either there or on top of one of those kitty tunnels that's not rolled out. At night in bed, they all have their spots. I can usually tell who's who by who is in which spot.

I'm to the point where I figure, well they're sleeping, so they must be comfortable.

Old December 22nd, 2007, 09:01 PM
-

Your place looks like kitty heaven ! All those beds and toys ... lucky cats ! No wonder the strays all gather around your place , the word is getting around
Old December 22nd, 2007, 09:04 PM
Senior Contributor

Frenchy, the way I see it, they spend more time here than I do, if you think about it. Why not make it fun and comfortable for them?

LOL, sometimes I wonder who's sharing who's apartment. I think they're just allowing me to live with them at this point.

Old December 22nd, 2007, 09:08 PM
-

Oh I know , but I also know it can get quite expensive ... I wanted to buy the kitties a cat tree post , but at $150.00 , I can't afford it :sad:
Old December 22nd, 2007, 09:18 PM
Senior Contributor

They are expensive. I have one, and I was only able to get that one because I had some extra cash to spend. What I've been doing is getting those little kitty apartments at Target, because they're inexpensive and they really like them. And Amazon has some smaller kitty condos that aren't too bad. I just ordered a scratching post, that has a little round cubby hole that cost about $40.

I'm got lucky when I got this place, because I sort of have a second space I can use as a living room, but I just have it as a kitty designated area. LOL, okay so my whole apartment is a kitty designated area, but I have all their stuff lined up so they can see outside the big window.

Old December 22nd, 2007, 09:22 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancientgirl View Post
LOL, okay so my whole apartment is a kitty designated area,
that's what I thought
Old December 23rd, 2007, 03:01 AM
-

I love the "ying & yang" pic and the one of them looking out the window. I agree about the beds....I have two brand new ones here that nobody has slept in yet.
Old December 23rd, 2007, 03:43 AM
Live well, laugh often

Hmmm, I think I should have read this thread before I went shopping today .

Great pics, I especially love the ying & yang pic .