Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog training - dog behavior

Old May 27th, 2004, 02:49 PM
Senior Contributor

some good news on g s

Well on thursdays we have the police here,and i was talking to one of them,he is a k9 officer,he said he might be interested in my dog,if not tonight they go to class and he thinks he knows of someone that is also looking for a gs god i would be ssssssssoooooooooo happy,damien would be great at that..........
Old May 27th, 2004, 02:52 PM
Senior Contributor

That's really great news, I hope it works out for you guys!! Did you mention to the cop about Damien's food aggression?
Old May 27th, 2004, 03:01 PM
Senior Contributor

g s

Yeah,these guys are here every week,so they know all about my dog,it is all i talk about with people,so tonight when he goes to class he is gonna ask around,one guy just had to put his k9 to sleep,so he might be interested.GOD!! This would be so great i could visit him and the cops are here once a week so i would know how he is doing,dont want to get my hopes up yet though......
Old May 27th, 2004, 03:21 PM
Senior Contributor

who knew

Ok!! I did not know so many people would be interested in my dog,one of the dealers here,i have been to his house before said dont make a descion yet he is gonna talk to wife and kids,he might be interested also..God i feel so much better,cause these are all people i know so i could still seem him when i want,now i am getting jealous because someone is gonna get an incredible dog...
Old May 27th, 2004, 03:49 PM
Senior Contributor

I am going to make a VERY important suggestion..

Beacuse of Damiens food aggression,PLEASE do not have him in a home that has kids.If they go near him while he is eating,that is asking for big time trouble.

EVERYONE who is asking about him NEEDS to know about his food aggression.That is a MUST.

As for the Police Dogs....They come from German and Czech bloodlines.Sires are imported here.All are all OFA tested and have titles.This goes for the Dam also...All have been temperment tested.They come from the most reputable breeders...Remember,none of this has been done with Damiens parents.
Old May 27th, 2004, 03:53 PM
Senior Contributor

g s

Well someone just told me that these police dogs some of them get beat i dont know if that is true or not..As for putting him in a home,there are not gonna be alot of choices that i have.They know about his food agrression his kids are teenagers, and my dog is a sweet dog,just cant mess with him while he eats..If i have to be this picky he would wind up in a shelter...
Old May 27th, 2004, 04:04 PM
Senior Contributor

Who told you that?They know nothing about Police Dogs then.

I better not tell my brother that...He would freak...These dogs are loved to death.And when their shift is done,they are the family pet.They play with the kids,go on family vaccations to the cottage...They are spoiled dogs.I can say that,I have one.Ok,he's retired.But still,he is the most loving spoiled dog.Anyone(he knows)can come up and take a bone out of his mouth with no problem.And that goes for Yukon too.

Sorry to say heidiho,but you have to be picky as to where Damien goes..That's a given.
Old May 27th, 2004, 04:34 PM
Senior Contributor

g s

I will be extremley picky i promise you..If i do not feel comfortable when i check out the person or house he will be staying with me til i do...I dont want to give him up,so however long it takes i will wait til it is the right person..