Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants

Old August 26th, 2008, 07:20 AM
Senior Contributor

Angry Grrrrrrrr...not again!

Ok so awhile back I posted about some rude ppl at the pet store that I regularily shop at.
Well I was there again today (oops I guess yesterday now), I went to purchase a couple terrarium thermometers for LeStats new house, yes we finally got it! Yay!

Anyway, I was wearing a thin strapped tanktop, and I was standing at the back of the store, waiting for a clerk so I could order some mice. My 19 yr old son was with me. Anyhow, Justin and I are chatting about this and that, when another couple come and stand just behind us.

The woman, says "Excuse me" and I turn around and ask her if she was talking to me and she said yes.
She says, "What does your tattoo say?" So I tell her. She gives me a strange look, and then looks to her companion and says "thats the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen and heard".

Perplexed by her comment I ask her why she feels that way. She says " well if you are a mother, you'll regret getting that tattoo when a pitbull attacks and kills one of your kids".....

My son, turned around and said to her, "excuse me Mam, but our family has APBT's , we have 3 in our family at this time and neither of them has ever bitten or let alone attacked anyone ever." He then asked her if she has ever had a bad encounter with a Pitbull, to which she replied no, but she has heard lots of bad things and that's good enough for her...

Justin and I just look at each other and roll our eyes. Her companion didn't like that, and piped up that "only thugs and drug dealers have Pitbulls".

I thought Justin, was going to knock this guy out, he was seething mad. Instead, he looked at me and said "Mom, how can someone have more brains up their ass than in their heads ?"

The woman obviously offended by that stormed off, the guy stood there staring down my son for a minute and then he too stormed off.

We ended up seeing them again in the parking lot, and the woman yells across the way at me that ALL Pitbulls should be shot...

Then they speed off while giving me the one finger salute..
Old August 26th, 2008, 07:56 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Well they wouldn't have wanted to be at the party I was at this weekend. Maxine, a beautiful pitbull was intermingling with puppies, babies and children running around , no muzzle and amazingly NOBODY WAS HURT

That's what media and BSL does to the general public, it creates ignorance, not education!

Jasper, male Ragdoll ?? (approx 10 yrs)
Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 7 yrs)

Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old August 26th, 2008, 08:25 AM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

Some people are a perfect example of why family inbreeding is banned.

lmpg, i have the perfect shirt for your son, it says " i'm trying to see things from your point of view, i just can't get my head that far up my a$$"
Old August 26th, 2008, 08:32 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
Some people are a perfect example of why family inbreeding is banned.

lmpg, i have the perfect shirt for your son, it says " i'm trying to see things from your point of view, i just can't get my head that far up my a$$"
LMAOOOOOOOOOOO I LOVE IT!
Old August 26th, 2008, 08:39 AM
Senior Contributor

I'm sorry, but the stupidity some people have no problem showing if is amazing to me.

First of all, it was unbelievable rude of her to come up to you for the sheer purpose of insulting you. Please, like she couldn't read or see what your tattoo was about.

It's nice to see that so many people believe what they hear, and that's good enough for them. Holy smokes that's just about the dumbest thing I've ever heard. So basically this woman believes anything and everything she hears. What a moron. I bet they felt really proud of themselves.

I think some people need to have stupid signs embedded on their foreheads so the rest of us can know to avoid them.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old August 26th, 2008, 08:45 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancientgirl View Post
I'm sorry, but the stupidity some people have no problem showing if is amazing to me.

First of all, it was unbelievable rude of her to come up to you for the sheer purpose of insulting you. Please, like she couldn't read or see what your tattoo was about.

It's nice to see that so many people believe what they hear, and that's good enough for them. Holy smokes that's just about the dumbest thing I've ever heard. So basically this woman believes anything and everything she hears. What a moron. I bet they felt really proud of themselves.

I think some people need to have stupid signs embedded on their foreheads so the rest of us can know to avoid them.

Yeah no kidding eh? What really got me is this woman is my age if not a little older, not that ignorance has an age limit, I was just standing there shaking my head when they sped off giving me the finger....yeah how mature, how classy.
Old August 26th, 2008, 08:56 AM
Senior Contributor

I don't think anyone who is that ignorant should even own a pet! It's obvious they don't have a mind of their own and only go by what they "hear".

So I guess if she hears hamburgers and hot dogs are good for her dog that's what she's going to feed him?
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old August 27th, 2008, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post

Well they wouldn't have wanted to be at the party I was at this weekend. Maxine, a beautiful pitbull was intermingling with puppies, babies and children running around , no muzzle and amazingly NOBODY WAS HURT

That's what media and BSL does to the general public, it creates ignorance, not education!
Years ago, I was terrified of pits, living in a city where probably 90% of our HS is full of them, and there were news stories of unfortunate attacks,(one a 7 yr old boy "sic'd" his pit on a 5 yr old little girl and she was seriously injured). It was a hot day at my work (a drycleaner) and we had the front doors open. I was on the phone when I felt something licking my hand. I looked down and there was a beautiful brindle colored pitbull. She smiled at me (I SWEAR! She did!) and rolled over on her back for belly rubs. At the time I was living at home with my mother and her 12 cats, so having a dog was not on option, but trust me, she would have been mine if I could. She opened my eyes that day, and that's when i realized it wasn't the dogs, but the owners who were at fault. I now have two dogs, they are labs, my DH is a lab-man, but I wouldn't hesitate to own a bully breed, if I had more room in my house, since that little sweetie wandered in to my life that day. I had to turn her over to the HS but I paid for an "angel" to be put on her, to help defray adoption costs. The HS sent me a real nice letter letting me know she was adopted about a month later. I think about her alot and hope she is living a wonderful life with her new family.

In Memory: Spot, Reese, Scrunk, and Nikki - always in my heart
Old August 27th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Senior Contributor

People can be so ignorant. Good on your son for piping up. How old is he?? Yesterday I was out shopping for a new cell phone and the clerk wanted to sell me an LG model. I told her that it was a lovely phone, but they use negative stereotyping for pitbulls in their cell phone ads so I won't purchase their products! She was like "Oh, okay" and sold me a different brand, but I'm sure she didn't have a clue what I was talking about. Oh well, I still wouldn't buy the LG product. Poor pits, they get such negativity just for being who they are (lovable dogs).

Okay, just reread and saw your son was 19. Good man for speaking up!

Last edited by Dog Dancer; August 28th, 2008 at 11:33 AM.
Old August 28th, 2008, 01:19 AM
~Cat Servent~

Some people! Geez. Media Lemmings I tell ya... media lemmings.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old August 31st, 2008, 08:33 PM

Yep. Brainless and ignorant. What a couple of a.holes. Good for you and your son for being more polite than I would have been
Old August 31st, 2008, 09:17 PM
border collie mama

ugh people like this just irk me! i mean she could obviously see and read your amazing tattoo! she obvioudly was trying to insult you, but ugh i mean come on...grow up, keep your opinion toyourself, you know? Its great that you and your son handled it so well, if it was me, i would have let them have it, i have a very bad temper when it comes to some things, especially animals (people being ignoratn about them..not the animals themselves) too bad you didnt have one of your angels with you that would have shown her. ugh this has got me a bit worked up right now
Old August 31st, 2008, 10:49 PM
Compromised account

What a couple of ! I would have not been so nice...You really have a lot of patience if you had to deal with that and stayed calm and composed. A bunch of s is what they are.
Old September 1st, 2008, 03:50 AM
Senior Contributor

Thanks everyone. I do have confession to make tho, I fantasized for about two hours afterwards, punching the ***** outta this woman.
Old September 1st, 2008, 03:50 AM
Senior Contributor

and I liked it
Old September 1st, 2008, 03:59 AM

people are so rediculus...if they were to just pull their heads out of their s they would realise that behind all of that muscle and teeth there is a loving beautiful soul that wants the same kind of atention as her pets do...i hate people like that

i hope that they get to be rats in their next lives (no offence to rats i own 14 and love them all...lol)