Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum

Old May 26th, 2004, 10:37 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaantasia!!!!!!!

Woo oHOOOOO Fantasiaaaaaaaa!!!

What a show what a show!!
Old May 26th, 2004, 10:40 PM
Senior Contributor

I agree,great show!!!! Fantasia,go girl!!!Get rich,get famous!!
She is the only one that can sing me into tears,sniff,sniff
Old May 26th, 2004, 10:44 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

You too? I was bawlin and sniffin and snortin and didn't wanna move to get tissue so I snuffed it back in and then well ya used my sleeve LOL

She's great I can't wait to get her C.D!!
Old May 28th, 2004, 02:49 PM

Fantasia is the best she made me cry so much I am so happy for her I'm going to rush out and buy her cd when it comes out Keep on rocking Fantasia
Old May 28th, 2004, 03:30 PM

Yeeeeesh. You guys are going to make me barf. In a funny way. I've held back from this one for a while now since the first day I came to this site you guys were going on about that guy that won the last American Idol. What's his face...his name starts with a C or something. I think it's so funny that Paula Abdul is a judge. Blind leading the blind in my opinion.

Anyhoo, these shows are my nightmare come true. Ever since Star Search in the 80's with Ed McMahon I haven't been able to watch talent shows. But I can see why some love them.

Did you hear what CBC's plan is for the new upcoming season? They are putting Coronation St. on during primetime at 7:30pm three nights a week. No kidding. In their infinite wisdom they figure that if people get hooked on the soap, they'll stick around for the fine Canadian programming they follow up with afterward. My Mom made me watch Coronation St. with her when I was a really little kid. Now you'd have to handcuff me to the chair to sit through an episode. I'd even try and gnaw my hand off to get away from that.
Old May 28th, 2004, 03:40 PM
Senior Contributor

I LOOOVVVVEEE Coranation Street. ..I have been watching it since I was in my teens.My sisters MIL got me hooked.She was from England.I watch it faithfuly every Sunday..... ....And when me,my daughter,my friend and her 2 daughters went to Cancun 3 years ago,there were a few people from England.While my friend and I were at the poolbar ,we asked a woman what was going to happen.The show is 5-6 months ahead of us.And low and behold,she was right with what she told us...

Yes I remembered what she said after a day of drinking....Ok,I really meant to say a week.....
Old May 28th, 2004, 04:36 PM
Senior Contributor

I watched a little of the idol show but must admit singing shows bore me I'm not even fussy on musicals. Fanatasia was good singer though.

Bill and Bob.........what fantastic news... Coronation on at nights....I'm so pumped I never heard this when do they plan to start that?

Mona B.........Hmmmmmmmmmmmm sounds like a holiday to remember.....lol .....or can you?....lmao I cheated one time and looked at cbc england site to see what happens......wont do it again (i think) Kinda ruined the whole Karen Steve storyline for me now that I know what is to happen to they're present bliss and how it involves Hailey and Roy.......Opps did I type that
Old May 28th, 2004, 04:56 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh no girls,Coronation Street It's right up there with the excellent Canadian show"the Red Green Show"
There are some fun English shows,but pleeease Coronation Street
The Americans know how to put out American Idol,now,the Canadian Idol could be ok if it was not for Ben Mulroney hosting,give me cutie petootie Ryan Seacrest any day
Old May 28th, 2004, 06:09 PM

Chico, keep your stick on the ice.

Where did I read about this news.....Let me think....I believe it was on the National Post website in the Entertainment section.....Yesterday. Pretty sure about that.

My memories of Coronation street stem from the babysitter my Mom used to send me to when I was a kid. Mrs. Mahoney. Lovely woman. Passed on years ago. We would have some lunch, play some Go Fish, and settle down in front of the "telly" for some Coronation St. in the afternoon. Something happened on that show that turned her against it though. She ended up watching The Young and the Restless instead. That's where I found my heroes Jack Abbot (such a great jerk), and the dark knight Victor Neuman.
Old May 28th, 2004, 06:10 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

lol Corontion Street

My aunt has been videotaping for 20 plus years so she can watch when she is home from work in the evening.
Old May 28th, 2004, 08:22 PM

Reality shows, talent searches,extreme makeovers etc

All of these shows have great potential for replacing racks of sleep aids in the local drug stores.

I am no mental giant but these shows will seduce me into slumber faster than Nitol.

I really have tried to see what is so great about these shows and have yet to find any appeal.
I do have a sense of humor and enoy "Are you being served and 6 feet under" as well as a few others but the sight of Fantasia yodeling from her toes simply did nothing for me.

That's my 2 cents worth and I am sure I will be shot at sun rise, if not strung up sooner, but that keeps life interesting.

Woody.
Old May 28th, 2004, 08:33 PM
Senior Contributor

Yup,I remember it as if it was yesterday Iggette.....

Hailey and Roy?.....Oh man why did you say that......Is it bad?????
Old May 30th, 2004, 08:12 PM
Senior Contributor

coronation street, sheesh, im sorry that they will do that to you, surely it is considered abuse to subject a nation to that dribble . when i was a girl my nana in NZ used to make us watch it over dinner, if you chewed too loud you would get a good whack from nana who was hard of hearing. oh my mind cries thinking about the story lines. well i doubt the tv execs would have the balls to do that to us here, they would probably be shot or something worse.
oh woody, i really miss are you being served and alo alo. my favourite tv shows as a young kid, dad used to love them. but you wont see them on oz tv ever again, generation thing and target mkts and all that.
fantasia is a good singer, but that final show last night was soooo boring. when they do the group songs with all the fake affection and emotion 'i love you stuff' (but i really hate your guts you mug) oooh so painful i just couldnt watch anymore. like they actually like each other, yeah right. it is a competition so why dont people act like it is a comp and be honest about their feelings, do they really think we care if they pretend to cry for another looser, or act all lovey dovey with a person that they have known for a few weeks ect, all for the cameras and mugs i say
Old May 31st, 2004, 09:44 AM
Senior Contributor

Ummmmm shouldnt really say Mona.........but think........who did Tracy do? And wasn't it odd that practically the next day she was pregnant and blamed Roy? A little quick on that.

IMHO......Coronation St. is the only decent soap on TV right now simply because it is based on simple lives like most of us live not hiigh end corprate people all dressed like they just came out of a vogue magazine. And when something real juicy happens it doesn't take the writers 6 months for the story to unfold. And the cast is not made of all models just as in our own walk of life.
My 2 cents on that
Old June 1st, 2004, 08:27 AM

I agree with you Iggette....Corrie is the only soap that actually shows people working for a living!! I have been watching it for as long as I can remember. i grew up watching it with my mom and sister. My hubby and kids watch it too. it's a great show and nothing drags out unlike some soaps that go on and on forever. I have to ask...what did you think of Todd trying to kiss Nick yesterday????