Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum > Movies - T.V. - Videos

Old October 13th, 2007, 09:15 PM
~Cat Servent~

More than meets the eye....indeed!

I LOVE LOVE LOVED Transformers. I watched the cartoon when I was younger and I really think they did a great job transitioning it to the big screen. I've already seen it 4 times and can't wait to buy it.

Oh and it struck me when watching it, I had a really big crush on Optimus Prime when I was little (ya I know I was weird) and it's a little funny that I ended up marrying a trucker!

I think people that didn't watch the cartoon or play with toys can enjoy it too, I don't think there is more than a minute total not full of action or anticipation of action....

My only complaint, that Bumblebee turned into a cooler newer car I was kinda attached to the old jalopy.... but ya can't blame GM... what a stellar way to intro the new Camero! Oh and being brought up in a GM house, the fact that all the good guys were GM (except prime :sad:...course Volvos aren't as sexy as the chromed up semi's)... did not go unnoticed... nice one!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old December 13th, 2007, 11:25 AM
I gotz 2 babies now!

I see no one replied but I had to! I love this movie! So good, I loved them when I was little too!! I too had a crush on Optimus Prime, OMG, so crazy!! (I use to watch the Go-Bots too!)

I too like the old school Camero! Actaully I could have written your post, I burnt the movie and have watched it a few already.

MY only complaint is that they are GM vehicles!! Ford could have done it better, IMO. hahah! The ford mustang could have been a great Bumblebee. LOL!

Pubert Wizzer Howell-Boyd III of the feline kind R.I.P my little guy!!

If you can't afford a vet, you can't afford a pet!

221/194/170(for next year)
Old December 15th, 2007, 06:15 PM
~Cat Servent~

It's too funny this got bumped up... I am bored, maybe I'll watch it again tonight!

Now if they only make a Thundercats movie I'll be all set!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old December 17th, 2007, 03:43 PM
I gotz 2 babies now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krdahmer View Post
It's too funny this got bumped up... I am bored, maybe I'll watch it again tonight!

Now if they only make a Thundercats movie I'll be all set!

OMG, Thunder cats! LMAO! I just love the old school cartoons, we use to get up super early saturday mornings, back in the day they had the best cartoons!

Old December 18th, 2007, 12:30 PM
~Cat Servent~

And you had to tune them in with 'rabbit ears'!!!!

Old December 18th, 2007, 12:35 PM
Senior Contributor

Hmmm

We were invited by friends to go to the premier of this film. I said no thnaks, never did get into this transformer thing. Lewis took his son instead and they both loved it.

It came out on the satelite and Lewis recorded it. Now he wants me to see it. What I remember from the cartoons when the kids were young was pretty silly, even they didn't like those cartoons, so I was mercifully spared

If I do get ambushed and taken hostage and have to see it over the holidays, I'll get back to this thread and give MHO though, but I dread the ieda and will probably snooze after the first improbable happening.
Old December 18th, 2007, 12:41 PM
I gotz 2 babies now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAH View Post
Hmmm

We were invited by friends to go to the premier of this film. I said no thnaks, never did get into this transformer thing. Lewis took his son instead and they both loved it.

It came out on the satelite and Lewis recorded it. Now he wants me to see it. What I remember from the cartoons when the kids were young was pretty silly, even they didn't like those cartoons, so I was mercifully spared

If I do get ambushed and taken hostage and have to see it over the holidays, I'll get back to this thread and give MHO though, but I dread the ieda and will probably snooze after the first improbable happening.
Sarah, you have to open up your mind to the possibility of walking talking alien robot vehicles that have personalities! Otherwise you will "pfff" thru the whole movie!! ha! The story line isn't the attraction, it's the very cool vehicles and the way they transform. But if you didn't like it as a kid, you might not like it now.

If you can believe in Air Bud - the foot ball playing golden retrievers and little men they call hobbits - you can open up to the idea of TRANSFORMERS - MORE THEN MEETS THE EYE....(said in a robot voice like the cartoon) LMAO!

Cracks me up!

Old December 18th, 2007, 12:53 PM
~Cat Servent~

Ya you gotta give it a chance... it's just a fun big blockbuster with tons of special effects and really cool sound type movie. My brother who used to watch the cartoon with me when we were little is also avoiding the movie, cause he doesn't like when they take a cartoon and put real people in it (usually I don't either but they did do a really good job). And the personalities of the cars were bang on!... except the voice of starscream was not quite high pitched enough. But the noise they made when transforming was so much like the original I got chills!

And I actually hope they make another... can't see them not at least trying with the moola the first raked in.

Old December 24th, 2007, 08:30 PM

I never watched the cartoon when I was little, but my husband was a big fan and he dragged me to see the movie. I LOVED it!

It was such a fun movie, I highly recommend!

Monkey and Amy (cats)
Jermy (GSD)

“Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God.”

"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person."