Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old July 30th, 2007, 03:00 AM

LOST Malamute grey/white puppy in Carlsbad, CA

We lost our beautiful grey/white malamute puppy yesterday afternoon (7/28). She jumped the fence when we were having a pool party and we could not get her back. She is very shy & timid and won't come when called. Her name is Shawnee --we've only had her for 2 weeks and she was just getting acclimated. I am so heartbroken and scared for her. She was wearing a green halter collar, but no tags. She was lost in S. Carlsbad, last seen at Poinsettia & Aviara Parkway near the new church.
I have posted fliers and I am desperate to find her...We have another 8-month-old puppy, Kasper, with whom she was very good friends. Both our kids (two boys aged 7 and 2) loved her as well...She was so sweet, but so, so scared and was just starting to come out of her shell. Please help!!!

Old July 30th, 2007, 05:58 AM
-

for the safe return of your dog. I've been there myself and was fortunate that my Ceili did "come home". Keep your spirits up and stay focussed.
Old July 30th, 2007, 02:20 PM
-

I am so sorry to hear about Shawnee. Will she come if you take Kasper when you are out looking for her? Good luck and keep us posted.
Old July 31st, 2007, 01:04 AM

It looks like all my prayers paid off -- against all odds, my beautiful Shawnee came home today!!! She was spotted this morning on the hill in back of my house, and I couldn't get her (she kept running away), and then at the church construction across the street (across a busy, 4-lane street), and then behind people's houses near the canyon. I saw her 4 feet away from me behind that church, but because of the brambles and heavy bushes, couldn't get to her...
And then...I got a phone call at 5:00pm that she was running down my street towards my house, and I took out my other dog and he barked at her, and she came to him, and the rest is history...

After over 48 hrs. away from home (and staying away from people b/c of her shy nature), she actually looks alright, except really, really tired. She was very hungry & thirsty, but she ate, drank and seemed okay. She's now happily ensconced on the couch....I took her to the vet and she didn't seem to have any perceptible problems. Thank god, thank god, thank god!

I don't think she was ever fed, since she spent most of her time in the canyon and on the perimeter of people's properties (beyond their backyard fences, where there houses faced the canyon). I don't think she ate very much...But I will NEVER let her go again, have gotten her name tags, and have put up a trellis, and other obstructions to the low part of the fence that abuts the ledge we have.

Here are some pics of two happy, sleeping pups...Kasper is Mr. Whitey (8-month-old white german shepherd, maybe lab, and a touch of wolf)...oh, and I included some pics of my happy 2-year-old (Aidan), who loves playing with the dogs' crates!

Old July 31st, 2007, 06:44 AM
Senior Contributor
Typing Test Champion, Curveball Champion, Mahjong Champion, Zookeeper Champion

Great news that she's back home. Mals are know to jump high fences and burrow under them too They are a real challenge to keep contained. We had a beautiful large male that lived up the street from us. He would jump a 6 foot fence at will and follow my hubby on his dog walking route.

Cindy
Old July 31st, 2007, 06:53 AM
Senior Contributor

I LOVE these kind of lost dog/back home dog,Posts
They are both really beautiful..as is the little twolegged baby
Old July 31st, 2007, 08:41 AM

love those happy endings...
Old July 31st, 2007, 10:55 AM

I too love the happy endings. I get a lump in my throat when they are happy, as well as when they are sad. Take care.

Pat