Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old July 22nd, 2007, 11:01 AM

Strange yellow bile 'dribbles' and vomit with solid substance

Hi,

My Bichon Shih Tzu is 4 years old, seems to be healthy. He just had his shots and check up all was well.

I've been seeing for a while 'dribble marks' around on my carpets. I have 3 kids under 4 so I wondered if one of them was having slight accidents making it to the bathroom, never thought much of it.

Today I found 2 big patches of bright yellow BILE vomit and shortly from it was the dribble marks... Now I think that it is my dog, and I think that it is bile dribbles, not urine. He also had a chunk of solid beside the vomit spot, I smelt it and it smelled like absolutely nothing. It was the size of a large grape, but was more oblong. It had a smooth texture and was soft enough, I could squeeze it with a kleenex. It almost felt like squeezing a saturated peice of soap...

Does anyone have any idea of what could be going on with him? What would the dribble marks be and what could the solid thing be.... Other strange thing is that I never once heard him vomit (although, I'm not always on the same floor of the house as him).

Thanks

Tara
Old July 22nd, 2007, 03:03 PM
-

I'm sorry to hear your dog is unwell. Has the "dribbles" and vomitting occurred only since he received his shots ? Have you changed his food recently ? Has there been any major (potentially stressful) chnages in your household or schedule recently ? How is his poop ? Is it possible he is getting into stuff he shouldn't be or that the children might be giving him things to eat/ giving him access to cupboards/ stuff in general without your knowledge ?
Old July 23rd, 2007, 12:17 AM

Did you pull apart the "chunk of solid" stuff gross I know but might help determine what it is - is it possible it's a furball?? It's possible that fur balls are not just a cats' condition. Bichon/Shih Tzu fur would be med-long????

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying