Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog food forum > Cat food forum

Old May 8th, 2007, 11:56 AM
Senior Contributor

Orijen ok for 3 month old kitten?

Hello

I read on the back of the orijen bag that its ok for cats and kittens and since my cat Onnie has been doing so well on it I thought I'd feed it to the kitten too. Just wanted to make sure it was alright though, since I read that puppies shouldnt have v high protein food so thought it might be the same for kittens?

Also, don't know if it is related but the little guy makes the stinkiest poops ...and I mean stinky!!! I literally have to scoop up the litter box after every use and I can tell when the kitten is asleep next to me just by its smell. I think it also has gas, but read this was normal for kittens?

Oh and last, but not least..can I free feed the kitten? I do that with my other cat so Ive been letting the kitten do that so far...but it eats all the time! and I thought Onnie ate a lot I figure this is probably cuz its still growing..I'm a little reluctant to just feed it the reccomended amount cuz he is a pretty skinny little guy under all the floof.
Old May 8th, 2007, 01:33 PM
Senior Contributor
Typing Test Champion, Curveball Champion, Mahjong Champion, Zookeeper Champion

My Gabby was like that....very smelly when we first got her....I don't know why, but she didn't need to be wormed or anything, and she was fine after a little while with good food and care. As for eating, she was an eating machine from 8 weeks old to 8 months old. Didn't eat a huge amount at one time, but always eating. She still eats more than the other 3, but she's still growing and she's a whole lot more active than the rest at this point too. She can hear that can opener and be under my feet in seconds.
She's not heavy or thin, but she plays hard so burns more than the other cats for sure. I like the Orijen and all my cats are free fed that along with canned food.

Cindy
Old May 8th, 2007, 02:07 PM
Senior Contributor

Thanks Cindy - so I guess I should put off the gas mask purchase lol

Orijen it is for the kitten
Old May 8th, 2007, 04:16 PM
Senior Contributor

My Vinnie when I first got him had terribly stinky poop,even the vet stepped back when I brought a sample poop to check for worms
However it soon went to normal stinky poop,it might just be a kittenthing