Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Old April 26th, 2007, 01:11 AM

Hi I'm new to this forum

Hi, I'm new to this forum, I've never before approached groups like this. Just a month ago I got a new pooch, a cute little Golden Retriever. With her waging all day behind me I feel like “Mary had a little pooch”. I need some help about her bed. With all the amount of hair she has, I don't know whether I should go for some nice warm thick bed or something light and cooler. Hoping for some helpful replies from pet-lovers like you all.
Old April 26th, 2007, 02:57 AM

Welcome to the site,,About your question on beds there is only one answer in my opinion,,,,,,let her sleep with you. Our two dogs sleep with us,,but they are shih zus so they take up little room. I think you will find alot of members here let their dogs sleep with them.. Good luck in your choice,,Dobb
Old April 26th, 2007, 05:54 AM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

WELCOME!!

As for beds, because of the shedding you may want to get one with a liner or sheet that's easily removable and washable. You could even make a fitted sheet for whatever bed you decide to buy.

So what's the pooches name...and we love pic's

What is man without beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected.

~~Chief Seattle (Duwamish tribe)~~
Old April 26th, 2007, 11:48 AM
Learning fast

I don't think anyone has had a problem with this company, I wish i had gone that route instead of the 3 I have gone through in the past 8 months, These last years, rather than go flat in a week or 2. Many people on the forum use this make of bed and love them.

http://www.mammothoutlet.com/

Any more advice will cost you a picture

Last edited by x.l.r.8; April 26th, 2007 at 11:54 AM.
Old April 26th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Senior Contributor

I think bed choice depends on a few factors....

age of dog - puppies can really tear up a nice $100 dog bed (I didn't get my dog one until I was sure he wouldn't chew it up) on the flip side, an older dog would appreciate a soft thick padding on the joints.

season/climate - if you live in a hot/humid area, a thick bed may not be right, and the dog may not use it because it's too hot. on the flipside, a bed that's too thin and cool in a cold climate, may not provide the warmth needed.

washability/durability - I think one with a zip off cover that can be machine washed is best. also consider what it's stuffed with - foam, feathers, cedar chips & fiber stuffing, etc....