Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog food forum > Cat food forum

Old April 19th, 2007, 08:14 PM
Senior Contributor

Cat Food..

With the major recall of menu food, now Natural Balance, what dry cat food are you using?

I need a good quality dry cat food for a 12 year old cat that weighs approx 6 pounds.
Old April 19th, 2007, 09:10 PM
Rosco, Raw Fed & LOVES IT

Innova Evo or Orijen or Felidae

Their impression of power is remarkable. They give one the feeling of immense reserves of energy, of great reservoirs of knowledge, of tolerance of disposition, obstinacy of purpose, and tenacity of principle. They are responsive, and they have a lot of quiet, good sense.

-J. Wentworth Day, from The Dog in Sport, 1938
Old April 19th, 2007, 09:14 PM

My mom switched her kitties to Felidae (cuz I bought her a bag and brought it all the way to London for her, LOL) and they're doing really well. They really love it, and mom's even noticed a difference in their fur and their health... they were on icky supermarket food before.
Old April 19th, 2007, 09:38 PM

I feed Innova Evo and my cat (who is diabetic and needed a high protien diet) is doing awesome.
Old April 20th, 2007, 07:07 AM

I am transitioning my cats off of the ultra premium natural balance to wellness indoor cat.

I am also going to attempt to get some orijen this weekend, but it will require me to drive a couple hours to even get but a closer store thankfully will order it if i require it in future.. of coarse that is if my cats will eat it

Felidae is good, i have my dogs moving over to canidae BUT my cats don't like felidae, innova i hear good things about but again my cats were a no go on it too

I may look into some California naturals also made by the same company as innova. I am also sampling some performatrin ultra from pet valu.

Really your best bet is to get samples and try 'em out, because what works for one may not work for another.. cats their sooo picky
Old April 20th, 2007, 09:19 AM
Agility Addict

I have been trying to switch Minnow from RC Siamese for 4 years...Nothing worked until Orijen and in all honesty, it only worked because I took the risk of her not eating properly (which we all know is quite dangerous for cats). She's lost weight but its weight she needed to lose anyway so I'm happy... She was definately more accepting of Orijen than any other premium kitty food!