Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog food forum > Feeding raw food to dogs & cats - B.A.R.F - RMB - Homecooked diet

Old April 19th, 2007, 01:08 PM

Holy Crap...Feces Picture

.....Literally. I've never seen Duke's stools this hard and well formed and we've only been on raw for 24 hours! I keep waiting and waiting for the bad stools to start as I've heard so many horror stories of the first few weeks on raw. Did Duke just not read the same info as everyone else or are we not safe yet?

These were his stools as of this morning (weak stomach people may want to scroll down past the pic)

(ok it's safe to look again)

The first day I was a little worried he might have constipation as he only went to the bathroom three times for the whole day, once in the morning, once when we got home, and then once a few hours later after his first raw meal and then not for the rest of the day and not after his second meal. I picked him up pumpkin to add in today but then this morning when we took him out he went and produced that very hard stool. He didn't seem to strain or anything however should I ditch the probiotics ive been adding by the half teaspoonful to his raw and add a bit of pumkin to be safe or can I add both the pumpkin and probiotic at the same time?

His fur also seems much softer today like when he gets a bath but I can't believe all of the benefits have kicked in after as littler as 24 hours. Theres a back patch near his tail which is much more wirey then the rest of his coat that is always crunchy when I groom him and I took the shedding blade to it today and no crunching and it dosent even feel wirey anymore.

Regardless I'm sold on raw. Will keep updating everyone as we go along.

Cheers
Kayla
Old April 19th, 2007, 09:34 PM
Learning fast

3 times a day wait a few weeks, you'll be down to once. Different dogs will react differently, I noticed mostly the amount of energy Riley had, he could just turn it on and off. He was never a great eater and now it's all done in 10 minutes so that was a huge plus.
It's good you notice a difference but in 24 hours it does seem remarkable, but looking at him chomping away in the other thread who cares, he loves it. it carries on going this smoothly.
Old April 19th, 2007, 11:12 PM
Honest Contributor

yeah, 1 poop per day is plenty enough for my dogs AND it's small... AND this is what it looks like after a few weeks... powedered lawn fertilizer!

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints.

:love: ~Akitas Are Love~ :love:
Old April 20th, 2007, 12:44 PM

KUTGW Duke!
Old April 20th, 2007, 02:09 PM
NOT a senior member

Did you look around to make sure noone was watching when you took that picture? Sure is nice poops though.......congrats!

My loyal menagerie... (all neutered, spayed, and gelded...and YOU aren't safe either!)

Ruben (Bullmastiff)
Emmy (Miniature Pinscher)
Petie (Miniature Pinscher)
Shadow (Miniature Pinscher)
Zoe (APBT)
Tito (Paint Gelding)
Francesca (Miniature Horse Filly)
Vincenzo (APHA gelding)

Lots of fishies......
Old April 21st, 2007, 09:54 AM

Hahaha yes very intensly. It was in my backyard though so I'm fairly confident I'm safe though I felt pretty stupid. Woot it's been three days going strong and were down to only 1-2 potty breaks for number 2 a day and still no runs. I've begun adding in 1/2 a boneless chicken breast in with the healthy paws pre made raw patties to help boost the meat to bone ratio and he's been going great on it. He gets so excited for dinner time now.

Cheers
Kayla
Old April 21st, 2007, 10:10 AM
Learning fast