Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Old March 25th, 2007, 01:54 PM

Finally.... my intro

Iím an animal lover who has been blessed by their presence in my life. My furry family gives me the greatest joy. Even to this day, it still amazes me to see their different personalities shine through.

We have 1 dog/Ziggy, 1 bird/Luna, 3 cats/Fluffy, Little and Destiny
My 2 kids, Brittney/22 & Bret/23 have places of their own and have 2 of my other cats, Bucky and MoJo.
I was lucky to find a guy (hubby of 7 years) who met my entire criteria list. The first thing on that list was ďanimal loverĒ.

This year has been heartbreaking for us. We lost our 14 year old Buster dog ,9 year old Coco bird and most recently our 8 year old Petunia on 3/10/07 acute kidney failure, due to poisoned food from Iamís Select Bite pouches.

I know itís not my fault, but I still feel gut wrenched to know I fed this food to him. I never fed wet to my animals. In my effort to add a couple extra pounds on Petunia, I bought some wet pouched food to feed him in addition to the dry. That was a deadly decision. We are currently dealing with a slight>(I pray) kidney issue with Fluffy, who ate some of Petuniaís left over, the day he stopped eating.

How I found this site.
Iamís was not on the first recall list from Menu. I thought I was safe. I donít know why I didnít go straight to the Iamís site, instead, I googled ďIams recallĒ and saw ďSeekerísĒ post and clicked to your site. That was the moment I realized why my perfectly healthy cat, Petunia s had acute kidney failure, 1 week to the date of this recall.

After reading "Seekerís" post, I went to the Iamís site to find out exactly what product they recalled. It was the tiny can and pouches. Ughhhhhhhhh! Thatís exactly what I bought for Petunia along with some cans of 9 lives. I used up all the Iamís cans but still had 4 pouches left. To my horror, that date codes matched the Iamís recall numbers.

As I sit back and reflect back on these 2 awful weeks Iíve had, I come to realize that one good thing did come out of this madness, and that was finding this site. I want to thank all of you who welcomed me and let me jump right in from out of the blue. Iím staying, but still need some time to look around the entire forum. Iíve been focusing all my time on the Internet, trying to stay on top of all things related to this pet food recall. Itís been overwhelming, to say the least.

Annie
Old March 25th, 2007, 02:04 PM
Slave to Roland & Willis.

so sorry for you loss Icy!
welcome to the forum.
i will start the please can we see some pics question. you will get lots of requests on this forum!
please dont feel guilty about feeding your kitty that food. no one was to know. just feel some consolation that your kitty was much loved and had a happy, loved life.
Petunia
Old March 25th, 2007, 03:01 PM
Remembering Lukka

Follow the rainbow Fluffy

So sorry for your loss
Hello and welcome to you Icy. We look forward to seeing many pictures of your family.
Old March 25th, 2007, 03:06 PM

welcome to the site icy!
I know what it is like to lose pets after such a long time... your dog and cat had wonderful lives with you I'm sure, and i hope in time you can remember those good times and not the end. it's not your fault.

looking forward to those pics!
Old March 25th, 2007, 03:18 PM
-

Well, now you're officially welcomed to the forum. Again, I am so sorry for the loss of Petunia and, I hope that Fluffy has a complete recovery. Looking forward to seeing some pics.
Old March 25th, 2007, 06:00 PM

Welcome to the board! I'm so sorry for Petunia, and I hope Fluffy comes out of it ok.
Old March 25th, 2007, 06:14 PM
Slave to Roland & Willis.

for fluffy too.
Old March 25th, 2007, 06:27 PM
-

So sorry for the loss of Petunia :sad: I have been staying out of those threads (pet food recall) cuz it's too sad. Anyway, welcome to pets.ca, hope you can find some comfort here
Old March 25th, 2007, 06:58 PM
Mom to a Hairy Little Son

Welcome Icy.

I've been so sad to read about the loss of Petunia. I hope Fluffy will be okay. They're both beautiful. (i clicked on the link to your news story )

Please keep us updated on Fluffy, and of course, you must post some pictures of them all.
Old March 25th, 2007, 07:19 PM
Animal Lover

Welcome to the forum! My pack sends their condolences on your loss. That must be very difficult. I'm sure you will love it here and I look forward to interacting with you more!

The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
-Anonymous
Old March 25th, 2007, 07:46 PM
Senior Contributor

Welcome and I too am so sorry for your loss!!! It's a tough thing to cope with but we never forget them, ever!!!!
Old March 25th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Senior Contributor

Welcome! I'm sorry for the circumstances that brought you here, but glad you found us. This whole pet-food thing is so scarey. Don't feel guilty. You tried to do what was best for your kitties. There was no way to know.
Old March 26th, 2007, 07:23 AM

Welcome Icy. I am so sorry for your loss of Petunia.
I hope Fluffy has a speedy recovery and everything turns out ok.
I also hope you find all the comfort and support you need here, good to hear that you are here to stay.
Old March 27th, 2007, 12:28 AM
Live well, laugh often

Welcome to pets.ca. I am so sorry for your loss and my gang is thinking good thoughts for a full recovery of Fluffy .