Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum > Movies - T.V. - Videos

Old March 21st, 2007, 06:32 PM

Survivor Anyone?

Anyone watching the latest Survivor Series ?

Do you have any favorites already?
Irritants already?
Old March 21st, 2007, 07:17 PM
Senior Contributor

I admittedly watch Survivor someimes. I often fall asleep thru it now tho and this latest group is the worst of the lot. I liked the fellow who was just airlifted off the island but I have no favs or irritants really. I just wish that other group would win one freakin' victory!!! I hate it when one group is dominant - there is no fun in that!! I am not sure I care for the woman (can't recall her name, I;d have to look at the site - this is how much I pay attention, in the past, 2 yrs ago say, I knew who I liked like Rupert, lol) who is kind of lazy and arrogant - blondish red hair - Lisi!!! She does nothing and thinks they are winning because they are so great - her attitude grates me.

I do like Yau Man, some to think of it!! He shows some integrity and even if he does something sneaky 0 like looking in what's her name bag when she returned from Exile Island, he admitted it, lol I even like Sylvia tho I know she can be a little bossy. And I like the guy from Boston (sort if a regional thing I guess, Rocky, lol)

That's it for now!!

And you?
Old March 21st, 2007, 07:20 PM
-

This is the first season that I don't watch. I don't like this "gang" but I really liked all the other seasons.
Old March 21st, 2007, 07:52 PM
Senior Contributor

Glad to hear you say that Frenchy - I was beginning to think it was just me. I don't care for this group as a whole either. I can't fathom why half of them even made it on the show??? Then again, I'd prob never make it sooo, lol
Old March 21st, 2007, 08:12 PM
Animal Lover

I'm watching it like I faithfully do every year. lol I can't NOT watch. It's more interesting than last season. Last season was sooooo predictable. I don't like Anthony. He irritates me. And Rocky. I really like Mookie and Yao Man and the hot lawyer. Tonight should be interesting.

The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
-Anonymous
Old March 21st, 2007, 08:13 PM
-

there's a hot lawyer ?
Old March 21st, 2007, 08:15 PM
-

I've watched most of the episodes. Haven't really picked a favourite yet, though.
Old March 21st, 2007, 08:18 PM
Animal Lover

Umhmmmmm..... He's a cutie....

Hottie!!!

The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
-Anonymous
Old March 21st, 2007, 08:20 PM
-

I only watched parts of some episodes so I don't recognize him. I might take a peak tomorrow
Old March 21st, 2007, 08:23 PM
Animal Lover

Ohhh Frenchy it's on tonight here! It's basketball March Madness for us. I wonder if it's that way tomorrow. Oh, and he's not only a hottie, but he is very articulate and well spoken and seemingly intelligent. You should see if he is single and send him your picture and an email.

-Anonymous
Old March 21st, 2007, 08:31 PM
-

he's too young and too far away, yes you're right, it's playing tonight !
Old March 21st, 2007, 09:11 PM
Kitty Consort

I love Survivor!
It's the only tv series that I regularly "schedule" to watch and hate to miss.

Some seasons have been better than others.. and this one has left me pretty indifferent - so far.

I feel it was a mistake to give such "cushy" rewards.
Kinds of flies in the face of the show's premise,.. and made worse by one team winning all of them.

Thank God their merging tonight. The other team members need to get some strength back... make it a competiton again.
Old March 21st, 2007, 10:22 PM
-

I agree about the "cushy rewards".....it just didn't seem right for Survivor and certainly not fair. I'm glad the teams are finallt merging too.
Old March 22nd, 2007, 09:34 AM
Remembering Lukka

I admit that I am a survivor watcher. Always tape it if I am working the evening that it is on.
I don't have any favorites that stand out as yet, but I do kind of like Dreamz and Mookie. But my fav by far is the host Jeff Probst.
I think Rocky is a bit of a loose cannon. Although he seems to have made friends I think his mouth might end up alienating his teammates in the long run.
Old March 23rd, 2007, 11:56 AM
~Cat Servent~

I love Jeff. Such a poop disturber! And last week I was totally ready to stop watching it was so one sided, it's not interesting if one tribe totally has all the hope beaten out of them. Good thing they switched it up. And it was nice to see the 'oh we're gonna kick ass now' man team lose right off the bat. I like YauMan and one of the asian girls (see didn't bother to learn names). And the last survivor was great. I loved the guy that one...man he was hot.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old May 13th, 2007, 08:51 PM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

The Finale is on right now, what a great mothers day

What is man without beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected.

~~Chief Seattle (Duwamish tribe)~~
Old May 14th, 2007, 12:35 AM
Senior Contributor

Spolier if on west coast (I think - do NOT read if you live in Pacific TZ)

I wanted Yauman to win so am not happy with that &^%$ Dreamz - what did he expect, going back on his word like that - that is almost as bad as that idiot (Johnny) who lied about his grandmother dying!!

Oh well, Earl is a deserving winner and while I wish he'd voted for Yman, it is understandable. Yet, he'd never have found the 2nd idol if it were not for Y man!! I hope he does something nice for him - tho maybe like Rupert - who was such a fa when Sandra won, maybe he'll come out of this with something. I hope so anyway!!

I honestly think they should have a Survivor in Canada - up north where they have to freeze their you know what's off, lol Of course, for the guys then there are no bikinis to see but I wonder what the demographics of Survivor viewers are, and what the gender ratio is. I mean, I don;t want to see bikinis - I do like o watch good looking guys tho!

Last edited by CyberKitten; May 14th, 2007 at 12:39 AM.
Old May 14th, 2007, 09:15 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberKitten View Post
I wanted Yauman to win so am not happy with that &^%$ Dreamz - what did he expect, going back on his word like that -
I haven't seen the episode when it happened (Yauman gave a truck to Dreamz ?) If so, I think it was a stupid thing to do. I wouldn't expect someone to choose a promise over a million dollar, I don't have that much faith in human kind so it didn't surprise at all.

Last edited by Frenchy; May 14th, 2007 at 03:47 PM.
Old May 14th, 2007, 01:54 PM
-

I agree. Hubby and I watched the episode and couldn't believe Yauman could be so stupid. I really wanted him to win too. :sad:
Old May 14th, 2007, 03:48 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
Yauman could be so stupid. I really wanted him to win too. :sad:
Not stupid, too much of a nice guy. And nice people rarely win anything....
Old May 14th, 2007, 04:07 PM
-

Well he's a nice guy that made a stupid mistake.
Old May 14th, 2007, 04:11 PM
-

But what about Earl ? Like I said , I haven't seen all of the episodes. He seemed truthfull ? Is there something I should know ? Did he ever was ?
Old May 14th, 2007, 04:35 PM
Kitty Consort

Yeah, nice guys finish last is sort of what comes to mind..

Yao-man was by far the most deserving to win, a big disapointment what played out.

His million-dollar mistake was counting on another's solemn promise in a game where promises mean nothing.

There's been some talk that Dreamz should now be legally obliged to give the 60K truck back.. as he failed to live up to his end of their verbal agreement.
It's a game show, lol. . That cant be enforced - even if he wanted it returned, which he apparently doesnt.
Jeff tried to stop him from this deal at the time, warned him that it didnt have to be honoured.

Yaoman was so excellent at strategizing, and covering all the bases for what might evolve. He really dropped the ball on this at the most critical time.. a real shame.

Dreamz reneged on his word to have a shot at the million, but had no shot once he did. Totally made no sense.
Old May 14th, 2007, 05:11 PM
Senior Contributor

I am probably the only one who did not like YaoMan
He was scheming and planning just like everyone else,only he did it with a soft voice and a smile on his face.
His gift of the truck was not because he was good-hearted,but because he thought Dreamz was stupid enough to accept the truck over the chance of winning 1 million dollars.
I don't think anyone else would have accepted such a deal,you can get a whole bunch of trucks for 1 million.
IMO Earl was the right person to win