Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum > Movies - T.V. - Videos

Old March 16th, 2007, 02:23 AM
Kitty Consort

Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader?

I gather there's some controversy swirling around this new tv program. The casting of the "students" has come under fire..as well as concerns that they have been given some or all of the material to study ahead of airing. As the contestants can "copy" the answers of the kids on some questions.. the issue of 'rigged' arises.

But that aside.. I just wondered what you thought of the show..as entertainment?

The concept was good., but it badly misses the mark, imo. I was interested in this as a fun show.. but fun,it isnt. To me anyway.

The kids ( actors) are just a little too smug for me during the game play.. bordering on disrespectful. That annoys me.. a lot.

The conversational aspect doesnt flow naturally either, has a "rehearsed" feeling. (when asked what he would do with a large cash win, one kid said he'd give some to charity and then buy his mom a car. Nothing else.
Yep... top of every 10 year old's wish list.

It's apparently a smash hit for ratings so far, so clearly lots of people really like this program a lot.

Are you one of them?
Old March 16th, 2007, 09:14 AM
Blue eyed funny farm

I saw this show last night too, at first I was thinking " this is going to be funny" but all in all I found it corny.
I agree with you about the kids. I didnt watch it all, the first guy was really getting on my nerves, after he proposed I changed the channel.

IMO the best thing the show has going is Jeff Foxworthy, but even he doesnt seem "himself" on there
I doubt this is going become a regular watched show around my house.
Old March 16th, 2007, 06:25 PM

Yeah, I almost watched it once, but there was something better on... I guess I don't contribute to the ratings.