Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Pets that have passed away - Rainbow bridge

Old March 15th, 2007, 01:59 PM

This is to remember my Maxie

This is to remember my darling Maxie, I had to send him to the bridge on the 16th March 2006, and it was the saddest moment of my life.

I have thought about him every single day since he went, and have missed him so very very much, I lost my best friend that day, and it broke my heart. I've never replaced him, I just don't think that I ever could, its not easy finding perfection.

Sometimes, only a few times, I've had the most amazing feeling, when I've been out walking, when I'm not thinking about him, I feel a nudge on my thigh, just like he used to do, and I just know its him, I'll turn and look down and say, Hiya big boy, anyone that sees me must think that I'm mad, but I know that he's there, and I don't care about how silly I might look. I'm just glad that he's still around.

The pain has dulled but, just now the tears are back. This site and the people on it made me feel that I wasn't wrong in how I felt after he left, that I was mourning the loss of someone very special.

I hope that Dylan's Dad is feeling so much better now too.

Now cracks a noble heart, Goodnight Sweet Prince,
And may flights of angels sing thee to thy rest..............
Attached Images

Old March 15th, 2007, 02:04 PM
Senior Contributor

I remember Maxie. I know how hard it is and even when the pain dulls a little it's always there. I'm sure he's with you and always will be..
Old March 15th, 2007, 02:55 PM
Slave to Roland & Willis.

Maxie. they are always with us for sure. love like that, i believe, can overcome any distance, even that which seperates us after we leave this particular life.
Old March 15th, 2007, 05:34 PM
-

Maxie was a beautiful boy and, like they say, dogs leave pawprints on our hearts.
Old March 16th, 2007, 05:36 PM

Thank you so much for remembering my Maxie also, this site and the people on it were brilliant in my time of grief, someone said to me at the time that my pain would dull and I would remember all the wonderful times with Max, and that also was so true.

Today instead of thinking about my hurt at the time, all I could recollect was our great times together.

Like, when he really wanted something left on the worktop, he would sit patiently, drooling all the time, not attempting to steal it like Mishka would, and eventually sitting in a pool of his own drool, sometimes I'd wish that he'd taken it and saved me getting out the mop.

How he discovered as a puppy that the cats were a lot smarter than him, and all the time they would set him up and he would fall for it, eventually he just ignored them. That is except when Azzie (my tortie persian) would decide that he needed his face washed and pin him down, he loved that so much he would nudge her if she decided to stop.

How peeing on car wheels was much more productive in getting his 'messages' much further afield than using a tree or a fence, much to our neighbour's annoyance.

Any why should he chase sticks, when he could run forever and enjoy that even more, slow moving cars, around 30 mph were much better sport, not much good on my heart mind you.

How when I once went on holiday with my son and for three weeks, Max got into the bedroom and stayed on our bed, my side and wouldn't let my husband into bed, I had to destroy the bed linen after that little venture.

Oh and the girlfriends (Max was a great stud dog), wow and they get delivered too, when the latest one appeared he would look up at me as if to say, hope the beers are in the backyard Mum, party time!!!

I could go on forever about the fun I had with Max, today has been a sad day but also a really good day remembering him at his best. He protected me and my son at all times, he just wanted to love us and we really loved him back, he was my friend unconditionally. Sadly Sadly Missed!

Thank you all for sharing these memories with me.

Best Regards, Ramona
Attached Images

Old March 18th, 2007, 12:43 PM

Maxie was a beautiful dog! You had some wonderful times together and now you have those memories to help you through the sad times. Maxie was lucky to have shared his life with someone that cared so much for him.
Old March 18th, 2007, 05:23 PM
Animal Nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishkamax View Post

Sometimes, only a few times, I've had the most amazing feeling, when I've been out walking, when I'm not thinking about him, I feel a nudge on my thigh, just like he used to do, and I just know its him,

.............[/I]
I know exactly what you mean.

The pain will dull in time .
Take care, my thoughts are with you
Maxie

R.I.P. Cassie, one of my greatest LOVES. My Rotti.(The Gentle Giant).

We all seek the same in life, friendship, love, companionship and faithfulness, all this we can get unconditionally from an animal. Makes you wonder why we humans think we're so bloody special!
Old March 19th, 2007, 10:30 AM

I hope you are comforted by all of your special memories. Maxie was a beautiful dog.

It sounds like although he is gone, he is still right beside you. Your description of feeling him nudging you gave me goosebumps.
Old March 20th, 2007, 07:02 AM
Administrator - Pet lover

Mishkamax,

Maxie was a beautiful beautiful dog and your tears are a testament to just how much you miss him. We all understand what you are going through and give you our full support. My deep condolences.

Marko
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Old March 20th, 2007, 01:27 PM

Thank you all so very much, this site and the people on it are so caring and wonderful. The effort taken by so many members to offer a few words of sympathy, was and is truely appreciated. You all helped me cope with my loss and made me feel so much better in that very trying time.

Once again thank you all.

Best Regards, Ramona