Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog food forum

Old March 14th, 2007, 10:47 AM

Question charge

good day everyone,
i have a 4 pounds very healthy boy chihuahua his 3 years old, and i meet this one lady who also have a chihuahua girl i think her chihuahua is 2 years old. she wanted to hook up w/our chihuahuas so they can have a babies together, and shes askin' me how much i would charge her for this. i don't respond yet coz i don't know how much it is?! anyone knows how much it cost to pay a stud?! i would really appreciate if you can give me an idea. many thanks N god bless
Old March 14th, 2007, 11:03 AM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Maybe you could tell her to rescue a dog instead of trying to breed your dog? There are so many unwanted dogs in this world already??
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old March 14th, 2007, 11:04 AM
Senior Contributor

First of all, this is a VERY pro spay/neuter forum, so I am sure that the suggestions are not going to be what you wanted to hear.

I think both aniamls should be spayed/neutered and NO breeding should occur between them. There are far too many animals looking for homes now without people like you adding to the problem.
Old March 14th, 2007, 11:56 AM
Mom to a Hairy Little Son

I agree with Winston and Hunter's Owner!

Please do not breed your dog. Leave breeding to the professionals who know what they're doing, it's alot more complicated than you can imagine. Does the other owner know her chi could die giving birth? Do you know how expensive it is to properly provide for a pregnant dog and then her litter?

I don't want to sound harsh, I just think you need to be realistic. This should not be a money based decision.

Just look at a chi rescue to see how many unwanted dogs there are already. IMO, by breeding them you would become a back yard breeder, adding to an existing problem in our world.
Old March 14th, 2007, 12:02 PM

yes she does, shes working as a vet assistant. she have 2 chihuahua they suppose to be a partner but her male chihuahua got sick so she neutered him. so right now shes askin if i could let her dog to be her female partner. well, i don't know and if your guys ask me i'm thinking so much about it and i don't know what to do for now i probably say NO i'm actually not interesting i was just curious that's why i post it here. thank you guys for the nice respond.

Last edited by sabgraciepets; March 14th, 2007 at 12:05 PM.
Old March 14th, 2007, 12:10 PM
-

I agree with the others. Please read the information on this website including all the links at the bottom of the page and then send it to your friend:

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/breeding.htm
Old March 14th, 2007, 12:40 PM

thank you very much rainbow i appreciate it!
Old March 15th, 2007, 04:20 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabgraciepets
i don't know and if your guys ask me i'm thinking so much about it and i don't know what to do for now i probably say NO
I hope your "probably say NO" turns into a "definite NO" and that you get your boy neutered. Neutering is much better for his health. I also hope you give the website I posted to the vet assistant so she can read it.
Old March 15th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Senior Contributor

I ha ve to add my No as well. Since you have no experience with this, you need to know thee are many problems associated with and that is in addition to the fact that if both are not CKC registered champions (who are the only dogs who should be allowed to breed and even then it should be hardly at all and under very very VERY definitive guidelines. She may be a vet tech but is her dog a champion? Is yours? Will the two bringing babies into the world advance the breed- do they meet the breed standard tho that is akin to asking the Champion question.

Even people who do participate in shows (Have either of the dogs won rosettes at dog shows? I am guessing not or you would not be asking us -you would have a mentor to whom you could go with these questions). arde very cautious and would never simply accept to breed with a dog like the one this perfson is asking your dog to breed with - it is really not fair of her to ask you imho. Firstly, is she going to pay for the vet testing to make sure her dog is healthy and will she give you the vet exam results?

This all sounds like back yard breeding and there are far too many rescues - including many of your breed - who need homes without bringing more babies into the world. And who would get the puppies? How do you know they would go to good homes? Are you prepared to be responsible for these babies for their entire life because that is what reputable breeders do - tho they only breed champions and I cannot emphasize that enough. many people here do not even like the breeding of any dogs, even those who meet the standards and they have some valid points- 25% of all dogs who end up in shelters are purebred if you accept her offer, you will be jumping in with the back yard breeders and that is not fair to all those puppies who are being killed daily because there are no homes for them. Just go to Petfindfer or type in your breed and Rescue and see how many puppies are already up for adoption and then ask this woman why on earth she is even considering breeding a dog that should be spayed as fast as possible. And please consider neutering your pooch too!! He will be healthier and happier if you do!!