Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old March 30th, 2004, 09:22 PM
Senior Contributor

Luba,cooties???Is that doggie-language
I did not insinuate that i thought Cecilias parents were in any way involved....
I watched a program tonight about "evil"and it was said,true evil exsist only in the human animal and he was sooo right..
Nite All!!!
Old March 30th, 2004, 10:54 PM
Missing My Ciara, 3-21-06

Luba..a "trouble hook"is one term for a three pronged hook of any size. It is like 3 hooks welded together.
I still fish.It's in my blood.

Back to the subject...Laws need to change .Our children need more protection than ever before. Parents need to have their parental rights restored again. Here, in the states , some parents are afraid to excersise those rights for fear of being arrested for abuse. At the same time abused children are returned to their abusive parents only to end up on a slab at the medical examiners office., then on the front page of the local newspaper. Then they are forgotten.
This is a touchy subject for me..sorry. I have not lost a child but have seen way to much of this and have known plenty of parents who have lost a child due to a sicko.I have a sicko in prison now, Christopher Hanson, which was found guity of raping my then 10 year old daughter. She will be 30 this year and still suffers more than I will ever know. My Grandkids suffer too.
Okay, I'm getting worked up...sorry. Time to quit.
Old March 31st, 2004, 07:39 AM
Senior Contributor

Karin,at least in the US you have the satisfaction(if there is any?)of knowing this man will be in jail for a very long time,unfortunately here in Canada our jail-terms are laughable and the perpetrators will always be back on the street to continue praying on kids,until one is killed
I also believe that violence by our young people many times stems from disrespect of the parents,lack of dicipline etc...lack of respect for other peoples property and feelings, breeds callous unfeeling criminals.
A friend of mine,hard-working single mom,working overtime to buy her 15yr old son the latest fashiongear often gets pushed around and abused by her son.
I personally witnessed him calling her a "F$$$$ing fat bitch!!",now if my sons had ever said that to me he would have had a slap across the face and today I could be charged....
Sorry for getting off the subject!!
Old March 31st, 2004, 08:28 AM

Amen, sisters, Amen!

Karin, my sympathies to you, and especially your daughter..I can't even begin to imagine your anger and frustrations or your daughter's pain..
But we need strong people like yourselves in this world to continue succeeding in life...to prove that they may hurt you but they can never destroy you...
Old March 31st, 2004, 08:37 AM
Senior Contributor

Nooooooooo Luba.

I wasn't blaming the parents at all.I was saying that with the latch-key kids,and all the little ones wandering the streets,that with what has been going on with the kids,they should be watched closer.But the parents I do blame are the ones who let them wander the streets.Especially the young ones.

I know Cecilia was at home and in her room.

As in Kaylas case,I do blame the babysitter.It was her fault for NOT taking Kayla home.She sent Kayla(3 years old) down the back way 3 floors down by herself.Where were her brains.This was the Parkdale area.NOT a very good area at all.My best friends father-in-law was investigating that case.

Children are so precious.And there are many parents who don't realize that.My daughter is my life.I raised her for many years on my own from birth.We are VERY close.We spend alot of time together.Even travelling to the warm spots.And check out the hotties. ....Everyone thinks that we are sisters.Which she hates cause she thinks I'm to old to be her sister.LOL.We both joined the gym together.She is and always will be my baby.If I ever lost her,I don't know what I would do.We always give hugs and tell each other how much we love each other.I have had some rough times with her.But she is a good kid.Everyone says I have done a great job.She is very polite.Doesn't mouth off at people.But she can have a temper at times.Geez,I wonder where she gets that.

(((HUGS))))) to all...And I don't have cooties..
Old March 31st, 2004, 08:42 AM

OMG mona, she's gorgeous but get that damn picture off the internet for God's sake! LOL. No actually I'm serious!!!
Old March 31st, 2004, 09:09 AM
Senior Contributor

Thank you.

Oh I know all about that.

Just wanted to show her off.
Old March 31st, 2004, 09:27 AM

Well done mate!!!
She sounds like a good kid! I myself is a firm believer in politeness, respect, and tempers. My children have those qualities as well!! And it does make you proud because they are decent when they should be, but they also stand up for themselves and others, because they know momma bear is right behind them!!!
One thing I've always tried to teach them is responsibilities for their actions!! If they believe in something, then stand up for it, (thats when that temper comes in handy! )and if they screw up, then they can take the consequences that come with it!!

I suppose your going to claim responsibility for her good looks as well??!! LOL
Old March 31st, 2004, 09:48 AM
Senior Contributor

UMMMMMMMMMM..........................

Yup.....

And I watch every step she makes on the computer too.

That's another thing that pisses me off with some parents.They don't care what the kids are doing on the comp.How many have met someone off the net?How many have been abducted and murdered from this?It is soooooooo very easy to pose as a teen and get friendly with them to the point they will meet the person.

When hubby and I are not home,we have the password on it.She has to wait till one of us is home to go on it.And the computer is right here in the living room.We refuse to have one in her room.
Old March 31st, 2004, 09:54 AM

Oooooh! You wanna know a good "parent and computer" story?
Tell me what you think of this..
A 15-1/2 year old girl met someone on the internet and you know what her mother did??
She not only let her arrange to meet this person, she drove her there!!!
As I've said before some people's parents!!!
Old March 31st, 2004, 09:57 AM
Sadie's Chefomatic

Oh Mona I know that you didn't mean that she was latch key I was just pointing it out to those who may not have known the circumstances surrounding her disappearance.

Glad to hear you don't have cooties
LOL Anita I don't think you do either

Karin ((((special hugs)))) I know all to well what you went through with your daughter. I raised my god daughter because of her terrible mother and the environment she was in was abusive and destructive. The times she did spend with her mom she came back abused by moms b/fs or sold to men for their pleasures since the time she was in diapers. Her siblings (3) all faced the same. I did as much as I could to help them all and eventually through years pushing childrens aid they were all finally apprehended from the mother. HOWEVER the mother still had a say and the children, not even my god daughter were permitted communication with me.
6 mons later childrens aid returned them all to the mother, to the same environment.... of which I have no idea where they are or what has happened.

Most people do not know this but Childrens Aid Society is NOT a government institution but a privately run facility only 'funded' by the ministry of community and social services.

After 9 years of fighting with CAS and 4 kids abused in every way imaginable (no need to explain that) I have NO respect for CAS and NO faith in them EVER doing what is best for the children.
Old March 31st, 2004, 10:08 AM
Senior Contributor

Are you serious Chany?

WTF?.No brains at all.

CAS makes me sick.

Not sure if you heard this one Luba.

There was a family living around the corener from me.I think she had 3 kids.Father was not around.She was beating on them.The youngest one more.He was around 2-3 years old.CAS was called in.They did Jack S**T about anything.He ended up dying.They found him in the bed.She was charged with murder and only then were the other children taken away.Just sickening.

((((((HUGS)))))) to Karin and Luba.

We live in a sick world.

As for the cooties,I got rid of them last year....
Old March 31st, 2004, 10:21 AM

Oh, I'm very serious mona!!

Why is it that you can't discipline your child nowadays without thinking they could take them away from you but you can beat them and they let them go back?
I often hear some people say that their own children threaten to phone social services on them if they disciplined them. DISCIPLINED them, told NO! you can't go out. WTF is that?
I was once telling my children about this friend of mine, whose child told her this, and I looked at them and explained to them that if they ever threatened me with that kind of bull**** that I'd help them pack their bags but there wouldn't be anything with them because they'd leave the same way they came with NOTHING!! ( Not that I would, but they don't know that, do they ?)
Old March 31st, 2004, 10:25 AM
Sadie's Chefomatic

But you know many parents aren't raising their kids these days are they Chany. I agree with you completely.

Kids are raised first by daycare then by tv then by school mates, teachers and afterschool activities of which they get into mischief.

Parental rolls have changed completely over the past 30 years.

When I decide to have children, I will raise them myself. I am not a fan of daycare in the least. Children can learn socialization skills from playing with other kids in the park or at special play groups.

Daycare cost an arm leg and then some, and the kids end up sick all the time cross contaminating one another with (my fav word) cooties.

OMG Chany she DROVE to the meeting....the ridiculous manner of thought and the complete disregard for teaching safety. What a moronic idiot!!

Mona I do not recall that story (so very sad)
I do recall the story of Randall Dooley a child who was murdered by his father and step mother here in Scarborough. The family HAD a CAS case worker and the school reported the child looked sick and abused.

HE WAS starved and tied up, beaten and left for dead!!

Little precious life... the same CAS *****heads I dealt with allowed this little boy to be murdered.

http://www.canada.com/national/featu...0-8CCEED7C851B

National Post columnist Christie Blatchford has followed the murder trial of Randal Dooley almost since it began on January 15, 2002. This column was originally printed on Jan. 22.

TORONTO - The Children's Aid Society of Toronto appears to have become most keenly interested in Randal Dooley only after the little boy was dead, virtually every inch of his slight frame, inside and out, battered, bruised or broken.
This was the stunning sum of evidence at the criminal trial of Randal's accused killers yesterday.

Charged with second-degree murder in the seven-year-old's death are his natural father, 36-year-old Tony Dooley, and his 30-year-old stepmother, Marcia Dooley.

But while the magnitude of the physical damage they are alleged to have inflicted upon the little boy was not revealed until autopsy -- where it was determined that Randal had suffered the sort of massive blunt-force injuries usually seen in young children only when they have darted out between parked cars and been struck by a vehicle -- the precariousness of the boy's situation was well-known months before his death.

As David Davidge, then the vice-principal of the boy's school, said yesterday, "Red flags were up, bells were ringing."

Mr. Davidge, who is now retired, was speaking of how things were in the spring of 1998.

It was then, on April 14, that Randal's Grade 1 teacher, Gloria Robson, had discovered dozens of welts, which she believed were whip marks, on the boy's arms.

Mrs. Robson promptly took Randal by the hand to Mr. Davidge's office.

Glamorgan Junior Public School was then undergoing renovation; Mr. Davidge's quarters consisted of a badly lit, windowless room.

There, he looked at the marks on Randal's arms.

He immediately called Mrs. Dooley, who told him the bruises came while Randal was playing, with some cousins whose names she didn't know, at a park she couldn't identify.

Still, Mr. Davidge was prepared to give her the benefit of the doubt and not call in the CAS (prompting, he said yesterday, a round of relieved "thank yous" from Mrs. Dooley) until Mrs. Robson objected. "No Dave," the teacher told him, "it's worse than that."

At her insistence, they went to the principal's office, which was better lit. They looked this time at Randal's back. Mr. Davidge realized, "I really have to phone the CAS."

He spoke to a woman named Michelle Pickett at the agency. "I explained the situation fully," Mr. Davidge said. "We're supposed to take direction from the CAS."

"What was the direction of the CAS?" prosecutor Sean Hickey asked.

"She said, 'I'll get back to you'," he said, and when Ms. Pickett did, about 15 minutes later, it was to say, "the CAS weren't getting involved now, the police had been called and were coming."

The police, in the form of the strapping former Toronto Constable Shaun Gillespie, did arrive.

Const. Gillespie was a distance away from the school.

By the time he arrived, Randal was nowhere to be found. Const. Gillespie interviewed Mr. Davidge, made note of reported "criss-cross welts" going from Randal's forearms, up over the shoulder and on to his back, and decided he was dealing with a "very, very serious incident."

The CAS involvement was discussed.

Const. Gillespie himself phoned Ms. Pickett at the CAS, presumably to co-ordinate the investigation.

After what Mr. Davidge told him, and that phone call, he said, he understood "the CAS was not going to be attending. I was notified it was a police matter, not a Children's Aid matter." Here, Const. Gillespie, who is now with the Ontario Provincial Police, looked to presiding judge Mr. Justice Eugene Ewaschuk.

"I was disappointed about that, I can tell you My Lord," he said.

Const. Gillespie looked for Randal around the school, then headed over to the family's nearby apartment. He banged fiercely on the door, but, though he could hear a television set blaring inside, no one answered.

Back at this station, he spoke to his staff sergeant and asked her to "assign some detectives as soon as she could." The jurors have already been told that two officers were assigned the next day, that they talked to Mrs. Dooley and were refused an opportunity to speak to Randal alone, and that no charges were laid, but the case was kept open.

Mr. Davidge said to his knowledge, nobody from the CAS ever did come to the school.

He and Mrs. Robson watched out for the little boy for the next two months, making sure there were no new injuries.

Mr. Davidge made sure to see Randal almost every day; this was a pleasure, he said, because Randal was a particular pet of his, "an exceptional little boy ... a lovely, delightful little boy" so friendly, with such "a marvellous sense of humour," he couldn't be ignored.

On Sept. 25, about six months later, the family having moved out of the area and Randal and his brother, Teego, having changed schools (though Randal, in fact, never made it to the new one), Mr. Davidge and Mrs. Robson learned that Randal was dead.

He had been found, with 14 broken ribs and a lacerated liver and pneumonia and evidence of four separate brain injuries, stiff in his eight-year-old brother's bunkbed.

Not quite two weeks later, Mr. Davidge said, he heard from the CAS.

"They called and gave me a series of questions which I found very odd," he said yesterday.

"This woman said, 'Did you expect us to come?' " after the school had reported the terrible marks on Randal.

A reasonable interpretation would appear to be that the agency, having learned of the boy's death, was attempting to discover if it might be in trouble for its lack of interest in him while he was alive, and was trying to get the lay of the land.

Randal Dooley could not have been more clearly in danger if he had been tied to a railway track with a freight train bearing down upon him.

But with a few exceptions -- Mrs. Robson, Mr. Davidge, and Const. Gillespie -- it appears the adults in authority who might have protected him stood about and asked one another, "Train? What train? I don't hear a train. Do you hear a train?"

Old March 31st, 2004, 10:30 AM
Senior Contributor

The one thing I will NOT tolerate is,when a parent is smacking the crap of a child in a shopping mall or on the street.That's where I step in.I refuse to not do anything.
Like I said,I will not tolerate this in any way.I step up.
Old March 31st, 2004, 10:36 AM

Luba, As you know I work full time, as does my hubby, why?,because we both want better things for ourselves and our children, if need be we could cut back and survive on one income, it would be tight but we could do it. But, we work and then we come home! We have no social life at all! Which is how we want it for now, until the kids are grown. I don't think people working has anything to do with it. It's what you do after and what your kids know you'll do. My kids know that if they were being jerks I would take an LOA from work or even quit and follow them from classroom to classroom if need be!
I know where my kids are and they know I'll track them down!
Nothing would stop me! I often feel like a pitbull myself because once I sink my teeth into something, there ain't no letting go!!!
Old March 31st, 2004, 10:45 AM

O.K. mona now your scaring me!!
Once when I was 8 months pregnant ( big as a house!!) a man in a parking lot grabbed his wife and was telling her" I told you to hurry up". Right away my big mouth opens and started walking towards the guy. My mother grabbed me and said " Get in the car, your pregnant for God's sake!". You see, she's used to my temper too!!
Many a times I've stepped up for kids too, and nothing is more gratifying when these people realize that they might have to deal with someone their own size!!
Like they say don't get between a bear and her cubs! When mothers hurt their own children, I feel just sick!
Old March 31st, 2004, 10:47 AM
Sadie's Chefomatic

I was editing my very long long long post when u guys posted lol

Someone is an 'individual' is responsible for what they do.

I for one am the biggest mixed bag of nuts there is!
Old March 31st, 2004, 10:57 AM
Senior Contributor

Done my friend...

But you know what I mean right?

((((HUGS)))) Chany...Didn't mean to scare you.

But what you did missy was not a smart move.You could have gotten hurt.Thank goodness your mom was with you.

That you are Miss Bag of Nuts.....
Old March 31st, 2004, 11:00 AM

See Luba, stories like the one you just posted PMO!!
Babies who should be able to go home and be safe from all the evil out there, only come home to experience it!!
What possible reason is there for people like this to exist? I am sitting here typing with tears falling because that child "was an exceptional little boy, delightful,had a marvellous sense of humor"with all that he was going through?
These people should never experience freedom again at the very least! And they should be sterilized!
I hope God is as truly vengeful as the bible says he is in the old testament!!!
Old March 31st, 2004, 11:12 AM
Sadie's Chefomatic

Tx Mona

I'm sorry I made you cry Chany

It was a long story and when it happened it devastated this community.

It was all at the same time I was going through the same ***** with CAS myself and every night I cry in bed wondering if one of these little angels I love so dearly will be the next.

This is reminding me to go to little Randal's grave and place a teddy and some food (since he got neither in real life) as well as a hug!

BTW let me tell you atleast if you live in Ontario if you have NO luck with CAS call the Office of the Child's Lawyer!!! They were the only ones who got RIGHT on top of the situation ...once I finally GOT to them that is! Kids were apprehended the NEXT day (but like I said mom got them back in 6mons)

Here is a picture of my god daughter in the princess costume I made her the halloween I saw her last.

I miss her so ooooo much!
Attached Images

Old March 31st, 2004, 11:23 AM

That's o.k. Luba, when it comes to kids or animals I'm a big suck!
Hopefully one day you'll see your godchildren again, and maybe with someone like you always praying for them, maybe they'll have a chance in life.
Oh and Luba take a copy of that poem you have about hurt kids for me for the poor baby.
Old March 31st, 2004, 11:41 AM
Sadie's Chefomatic

That is a GREAT idea Chany I will even laminate it and adhere it to a lawn stick smart lady!
Old March 31st, 2004, 03:40 PM
Senior Contributor

Wow girls,you write some riveting posts....I remember little beautiful Randall,with the big smile and big brown eyes and also his big fat step-mother and father,it was very,very sad,nobody helped that little boy
Right now we have the horrendous case of little Farrah Khan,who's body parts were found in garbage-bags,all except her torso,abused,stomped on and eventually killed by her father..
the step-mother did nothing.We'll see what kind of jail-term they get
I think every woman,man or child is affected by this kind of violence against children and I agree the CAS are useless in many cases,it's all about money as with everything else.
I would not hesitate to step in if I witnessed any kind of abuse,be it to a child or an animal.
Once on vacation in Mexico,I was the only one who reacted when a man on a horse lassoed a little beagle,hog-tied and dragged him in the sand.
I am not patting myself on the back,but was stunned that everyone(tourists)were just watching while the dog was yelping in pain.I grabbed a coconut( )ran as fast as I could screaming and yelling,with good aim hit the idiot in the head with the coconut,stopped the horse and untied the poor dog.He was ok and ran off,but the rider had a sore head for a loong time.
After that,everyone on the beach were clapping,I did not appreciate their support,they were all a bunch of AH's for not doing a darn thing to help.
No one has the right to inflict pain or suffering on any living being and I'll be dammed if I would ever watch or know about it and do nothing,that will never happen,I am the biggest busy-body in the neighborhood

Luba,you seem to be a wonderful young lady and I hope you'll get to see your god-daughter again and that she and her siblings are ok.
Old March 31st, 2004, 03:42 PM
Senior Contributor

Still don't know what cooties are,but i don't think I have any
Old March 31st, 2004, 03:50 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

((Hugs)) Anita thank u for that!!!

We all have to stand up and do things and get involved, like what you did in Mexico!!! It's the only way these idiots know someone is watching.

And little baby Khan she such a sweet angel. That was and is so devastating. I remember we took flowers and things to the park where she was found. It was an uncomfortable moment psychologically thinking of what happened to her.
What is even more tragic is that it all could have been prevented, as is most of the cases.
Old March 31st, 2004, 06:35 PM

Thanks everyone for the hugs and kind words.

This is one of those "don't get me started" threads.

To much abuse is going on in the US. Everyday the news is full of it., murders, kidnappings and abuse..etc.etc. The daily newspaper's front page resembles the Enquirer now. I moved away from south Florida where money is great and was my home for a long time to a much more 'rural' area. Peace of mind is worth much more to me. I have not locked my door in over 3 years. This means alot to me..of course everyone knows I have a Rotti behind that door but they do not HAVE to know she is the uber goober!
Laws have to change. The Hanson guy I have in prison now is serving life plus 17 years. He has to serve at least 25 years for the capital crime of rape of a minor under 12 yrs and the 17 yrs is added for sexual assault, (2 counts). He will be in his sixties when and if he gets out. He went in as a 25 year old married man and father of a 2 year old daughter. (My daughter was the babysitter) His son was born during the two week trial in 1986.
More victims...his children. We got a good conviction.
My family was offered a "victims compensation", a new Florida support at the time, we signed off our rights giving the money to his children in a trust fund. It was the right thing to do and was my daughters idea.
His wife divorced him after the trial. She did not do it before so she could not be called as a witness. I understand her reasons.

'nuf said. You folks are great.

Thanks again for the hugs and lets protect our kids and four legged kids and hold them all tight.
Quietly Making Noise.....fight for what you believe in.
Old March 31st, 2004, 06:51 PM

Karin, you must have a wonderful job raising your daughter, to have survived that and still be strong .
But for you guys to think of his children, well I can't think of how to word it, except I hope there are more human beings of your caliber in this world!!
You guys are truly inspiring and thanks for sharing your story.
May God bless your entire family, but I think he may already have

Chany
Old March 31st, 2004, 06:55 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

Thank you for sharing that Karin

Very wise and humble choice you and your family made regarding compensation for his children. Yes they too are victims of what this monster did to your daughter.

Strength in numbers and in knowledge!!
Old March 31st, 2004, 10:11 PM

Again I try to type a response and it comes out in somewhat the form of Jello, if you can picture Jello on your screen right now. Mush factor large.

My daughter Stephanie deserves any and all credit.

No more talk about this, focus on others who need it, we're burning daylight here!

(((Hugs))) back attcha!