Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old March 27th, 2004, 01:07 PM
Senior Contributor

Question Where is Carina?

I haven't seen her lately on here. Does anyone know where she's gone?
Old March 27th, 2004, 02:25 PM
Senior Contributor

I talked to her this morning. She is fine but very busy. I will let her know you are asking about her.
Old March 27th, 2004, 04:04 PM
Senior Contributor

Here I is...!
I've just been real busy, working weekends too and haven't been able to spend 57 hours on the puter a day like usual.
I know I owe a couple of people emails. I'm scared to check my email...it's been a whole week and I'm afraid I've got 200 messages at least.

And I'm so anal retentive I will feel compelled to open and read each & every one....
Old March 27th, 2004, 04:34 PM

Carina, your a woman after my own heart . You have 3 Rotties and feed them a RAW diet?? I alas only have one Rottweiler, and one shih tzu but feed them RAW!! I would love to read your book but have to admit am nervous about ordering anything off the net. ( Using a credit card ). Any suggestions? Or better yet have you or any one else had problems with credit cards or ordering? LavenderRott, how about you, do you feed RAW? I've seen that Sadie is eating homemade eh Luba?
Old March 27th, 2004, 04:51 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

Yes she certainly is and she loves it!!

She's also had some raw beef bones and loves them

OH Carina how long do you keep them out b4 u chuck em, I've been puttin them in the freezer when we go to bed and giving back to her during the day. Should the be chucked within the first couple of days?
Old March 27th, 2004, 06:41 PM
Senior Contributor

Hi Chaney...have you posted pics of your dawgs yet?

Yep, all raw...I've never had a problem ordering with a credit card; I feel totally safe ordering through reputable sites like Dogwise & Amazon. Even if you order through a small or unknown site it's safer with a credit card b/c you can always contest the charges & get your money back. I had to do that once with a catalog (not online) order.
I'd send you a copy but I am all out! I have one copy left & it's on loan to the kid who works for me.

Luba, I leave them out maybe 4-5 days. I just got a big case of beef ribs & they all had a slab for dinner last night. The garage looks like they brought down a hairy mammoth in there, rib bones everywhere.
Old March 27th, 2004, 06:44 PM
Senior Contributor

Good! Thanks for updating us.

Luba, Bentley had a bone. We just let him have it until we thought we should take it away, and then we put it in the fridge. Now we just leave it out all the time, because all the meat is chewed off. I wouldn't chuck them after a few days. Why not get the most use out of them when you can!

Lets see what Carina says about this to.
Old March 27th, 2004, 06:50 PM
Senior Contributor

Well I am a slob so the bones just lie about outside getting intermittently chewed on & buried & dug up....I guess I wouldn't be so casual about it with a dog that had health issues or a little pup though!

Once they are not too gross (ie a bit dried out & sinewy) the dogs can bring them inside.
Note to self: Shampoo rugs...
Old March 27th, 2004, 07:13 PM
Senior Contributor

Yes, my girls are on a raw diet. Chase is slimmer then she has been in years and has a ton more energy then she did when she was on kibble. That is saying quite a bit for a dog that is 10 years old.

I highly recommend Carina's book. If you have a book store in town that will special order books you might be able to get it that way.
Old March 27th, 2004, 07:29 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

Thanks very much

I've always been accustomed to 'cooked' bones for my dogs so this is my first try at raw (hence the unknowning)

As long as they don't end up covered in maggots LOL
Old March 27th, 2004, 07:38 PM
Senior Contributor

I have never had a problem with bones getting maggotty. Yech! If my Missy thought that a fly was thinking about landing on her bone, she would be right there protecting it!

Bones here are left on the floor until the start to splinter or til I trip on one and damage a toe, whichever comes first.
Old March 28th, 2004, 09:12 AM

Nope sorry, but I am planning on buying a digital camera soon I am going to try ordering it, I have to admit I'm still a little intimidated by this techno stuff, at least if I have problems with it I'll know who to ask . Speaking of pictures I'd love to see pictures of yours and LavenderRotts rottweilers but I can't get them to open in the picture forum.... Have you guys had any trouble with your rotties being a bully?? My little sweetheart has definetly made sure that our little shih tzu is aware of where she belongs in the pack. Even to the point (we've always seperated them at mealtime ) of just barking now and little Dixie will quit eating . Any suggestions?
Old March 28th, 2004, 04:36 PM
Senior Contributor

Chaney, yes Rottweilers can be bullies & buttheads. Don't let her get away with any crap!
This is Sandi & my other internet home away from home:
http://rottweiler.net/forums/index.php?
The best online Rottweiler community on the planet bar none.

I'm a terrible technophobe too, but as soon as I figure out how much I have to pay in taxes I am buying a nice digital camera. I expect to be tearing my hair out & weeping pitifully in front of the computer trying to figure it out.

There's pics of my favourite Rottie on my website, and a couple here from when he was younger:
http://community.webshots.com/album/53953015ZqwGmW

Hopefully Sandi will post some of her dogs & kitties again! Her Rottie is the sweetest, gentlest dog I have ever met.
Old March 28th, 2004, 05:19 PM

OMG! Cooper looks like a small bear . A BIG TEDDY BEAR!!! What a doll! I can't wait to see other pictures.. Are your other Rotties that big? What can you recommend for Abbey? They are seperated when they eat, but as soon as she barks, Dixie quits eating and walks away.
Old March 28th, 2004, 06:51 PM
Senior Contributor

Yep, Cooper is a hunny bunny. My female is little, but she bosses the boys around. My other boy Dutch is actually a bit bigger than Coop - in those webshots pics he looks much larger than he really is. He's about 95lbs.

How old is Abbey? I would a: totally seperate them, like different rooms. And tell Abbey in NO uncertain terms she is NOT to bark or steal food in your presence. It's all your food, not hers. How emphatically you tell Abbey depends on her age - if she's a pup, don't come down on her like a ton of bricks! Well, maybe a little ton of bricks.
Rottweilers can get quite bossy and obnoxious if you let them. Sp don't.