Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old February 12th, 2007, 12:44 PM

Please Help us Find Maximus!!!

Maximus is a CKC Registered Solid Black German Shepherd dog. He just turned 1 year old this weekend. The owner master is devistated, and at a loss. Maximus was stolen out of the masters back yard 3 weeks ago.

Max is microchiped, and fully intact so we believe that he may be used as a stud dog, or for some type of research. I do not know how too post pic's but will attempt. If anyone hears or knows anything please contact me as soon as possible. There is a large reward avail for his safe return.

Max was stolen from Saskachawan Canada. Please help us locate this wonderful dog!
Old February 12th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Can you post a picture..it would sure help all of us here in keeping an eye open? Have you posted signs and checked the local humane society? Stay positive....Good Luck to you!

Cindy
Old February 12th, 2007, 01:21 PM

Thanx: Actually he is a freinds dog. I do have pic's of him but for some reason can not get them up. I am working on that. Max is a great young man and needs to be with his master! We are doing everything to secure his return. Spca, Animal Control, free ads Kijiji and Canadianfreeads. Websites posters, everything. The owner has traveled well of 2000 miles to locate him. No paw prints no dog just a whole load of undesrved pain.
Old February 12th, 2007, 01:30 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

try saving them as a smaller file.....sometimes when you double click to open a picture it will open up with some form of editing software...within that you can resize the picture..I am reasonably new to the forum as well so I am not sure if they have some other way of doing it! is his picture on one of the other web sites? I could try to copy it from there for you?

cindy
Old February 12th, 2007, 01:40 PM

Thanx Cindi; He's on www.k9dogs.9k.com the last page. I hope that you can get the pic up! Deb Thanx you are great!
Old February 12th, 2007, 01:47 PM

here you go
Attached Images

Old February 12th, 2007, 02:03 PM

Aww you are so wonderful Mike will love you for doing this! He is soo torn apart! I just can not believe that someone would be this evil to steal such a wonderful dog from a man that loves him so! It takes all kinds.

Nothing like having wonderful pet lovers like all of you too assist! You are all so very WONDERFUL: Thanx for being special!!!grouphug:

Last edited by mindis12; February 12th, 2007 at 02:05 PM.
Old February 17th, 2007, 09:13 PM

Hello Mindis12,
I hope you find Maximus soon. Have you posted him on the Yahoo groups K9 AmberAlert... that group goes continental US and Canada. You have an advantage as a black German Shepherd stands out.......
going out for his safe return.
You also may want to look into an organization in Saskatchewan that licences the veterinarians so you could get the word out to all the small animal vets..... to keep an eye out for him.
Good Luck
bullidog
Old February 18th, 2007, 12:03 AM
-

Maximus is a beautiful boy ....I hope he is re-united with his owner soon.
Old February 18th, 2007, 12:10 AM
Senior Contributor

What city was he taken from? I live in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan and travel to pretty much all cities/towns in the province for work. I also have a GSD and have a soft spot for them. I feel for both the owner and the dog.
Old February 20th, 2007, 11:23 AM
An Honest Contributor
Fishing the Sea Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, KickUps Champion, Jason's Pong Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Eskiv Champion, Aski Champion, Ping Champion

Any updates
Old February 20th, 2007, 11:35 AM
Senior Contributor

Post pictures every where you can - vet's offices, the SPCA and humane society, groomers, pet stores - anywhere where ppl see dogs. And look for him, use the grid pattern developed by that pet detective - unless he was kidnapped, he is not likely that far from home tho dogs, unlike cats will go further.

There are better explanations than I can provide on this site which has helped many ppl:

http://www.pet-detective.com/

Good luck!!!
Old February 20th, 2007, 12:40 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindis12 View Post
Maximus is a CKC Registered Solid Black German Shepherd dog. He just turned 1 year old this weekend. The owner master is devistated, and at a loss. Maximus was stolen out of the masters back yard 3 weeks ago.
Max is microchiped, and fully intact so we believe that he may be used as a stud dog, or for some type of research. I do not know how too post pic's but will attempt. If anyone hears or knows anything please contact me as soon as possible. There is a large reward avail for his safe return.

Max was stolen from Saskachawan Canada. Please help us locate this wonderful dog!
This is from their first post..

Cindy
Old February 20th, 2007, 06:07 PM
Senior Contributor

Yes but even kidnapped, the best place for the dog to be seen is at vets, groomers, etc, etc - places where dogs show up. I;d also check with breeders a)someone may contact them re a stud dog). Also, there are many sites where one can post the pictures and other relevant info. Even a dedicated web site for a dog that is a show quality dog would be wise and can be very easily done.

I would also try to get into as many puppy mills as possible - on the Prairies tho since he was kidnapped, this could be a challenge. The owner if four champion Abyssinian cats - and a prominent Judge on the circuit (cat circuit, not legal) had four of her cats stolen and with many many posters everywhere in her part of the US - and amg Abyssinian clubs, she managed to get her kitties back!!!

My heart goes out to Maximus - who must wonder who th4ese ppl are and I hope they are treating him well - and also to his people.
Old February 20th, 2007, 08:23 PM

Maximus Urgent

Have you checked Home of the German shepherd dog. There is a GSD on there in a shelter in Ohio can't tell very well from picture but he is all black. This shelter is in a poor area and I don't think is able to check for a chip. This maybe along shot because of the distance but he came in as a stray. It maybe worth checking just to be sure. This is a high kill shelter.
Old February 26th, 2007, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLB View Post
Have you checked Home of the German shepherd dog. There is a GSD on there in a shelter in Ohio can't tell very well from picture but he is all black. This shelter is in a poor area and I don't think is able to check for a chip. This maybe along shot because of the distance but he came in as a stray. It maybe worth checking just to be sure. This is a high kill shelter.
Hi I contacted the owner about this facility. Is there a possibility to get the web link. We would appreciate it!
Old April 20th, 2007, 12:22 PM
-

Maximus

I don't know if he has yet been found. Toronto Animal Services has a black
GSD for adoption. It's not likely him but you never know.
Old August 6th, 2007, 03:28 PM

Hi everyone; I have bad news for Max his owner just emailed me and stated that they located Maxes body. He was on his way home after escaping the theives.. He fell into a ravine and that was where he died. We will be holding a memorial for Max this week. He was buried in his owners back yard. Thanx for all the assistance Max new he had a lot of great freinds.. He is in the sky watching after us all..
Old August 6th, 2007, 03:36 PM
-

I'm so sorry :sad:
Old August 6th, 2007, 03:50 PM

Thanx Frenchy;The owner is so very devistated as we all are.. He was an amazing young man but someone needed to ruin everyones life by taking him away.. He's gone but in our hearts for ever...
Old August 6th, 2007, 04:26 PM
-

How very sad...
Old August 6th, 2007, 06:34 PM
Remembering Lukka

OMG, that just makes me sick. Poor, poor dog. I am so sorry that this has happened to Maximus and his family. Please pass on my deepest sympathies to all that loved him.
Old August 7th, 2007, 11:54 AM

Thankyou everyone I will pass this on to Rick.. I know he will and does appreciate your prayers and compassion in this area..
Old August 7th, 2007, 01:21 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

OMG! My heart goes out to Max and his owner! May he rest in peace! He is running FREE at the Rainbow Bridge waiting with all the others for his family!

I just cannot believe that he was on his way home and this tragedy happens! How did they know where Max was? Did they ever find the sick person that stole Max?

Sweet baby!

Cindy
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown