Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old February 21st, 2002, 01:34 PM

Dog barks at all other dogs on street

Hey there!

I have a very excitable 11 month old beagle who loves other dogs to a fault. If he can't get close enough to another pooch we see on a walk, he will bark, howl and even try to nip at the hands that are holding him back. Its pretty frustrating at 6:30 in the morning. We are trying to socialize him in the dog parks but we're a little nervous about letting a beagle of its leash.
Is there anything else we can do?
And let me tell you, its even wrose when we're in the car....

Thanks
Old March 3rd, 2002, 04:57 PM

Yes! i have the same problem... now i lucky because when my pups were smaller i had to bring them to the front for them to go and i used to not take them on the leash because i wanted them to get used to us and stay with us without wondering around... my dog barks at everything..cars ppl walking across the street..even my family if he doesnt know them..and its not that they are a threat to anyone but ppl tend to think that way..and yes its getting annoying cuz i can't even bring them anywheres without them acting this way... i want to bring them to training class but budget wise right now its not a good idea....
my suggestion is just keep taking him on walks so then he can feel comfortable with his surroundings maybe thats why it barks so much...good luck