Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Pets that have passed away - Rainbow bridge

Old November 30th, 2006, 03:12 PM

Unhappy Good bye Rick

On october fifth my queen gave birth to her 2nd set of 4 kittens. They all lived and eventually I gave 2 away, today my friend who took both kittens called me very upset. Rick the boy kitten she had taken was very ill.
We brought him to my house to see if he would nurse off the queen, but he was lethargic and unresponsive he also had used the bathroom all over him self and his lympnodes had swollen up very large.
We took him to the vet but she was in surgery and couldn't see him right away we set in the lobby cuddling and cooin the kitten, who started to howl and struggle in the towel we had him wrapped in, then suddely he stopped breathing...I cried out the kitten stopped breathing the nurses came and took him out of our arms and took him to the back room to try and revive him, sadly they could not. Rick passed away at 11:45 this morning
I was very upset I helped to deliver these kittens. I still have the brothers and have taken them to the vet and gotten them vaccinated against the virus the other kitten had. The vet says that the virus caused his lymphnodes to swell, and had in fact strangled him to death. I feel so horrible for the kitten. though I am gald he didn't suffer very long. It was the first time I have ever watched an animal die and felt so helpless. Any way I just thought tellin u all would help ease the pain. Thanks for listening
Old November 30th, 2006, 03:34 PM

lil Ricky

I looked at all the caged animals in the shelter...the cast-offs of human society. I saw in their eyes love and hope, fear and dread, sadness and betrayal. And I was angry. "God," I said, "this is terrible! Why don't you do something?" God was silent for a moment and then He spoke softly. "I have done something," He replied, "I created you." -The Animal's Savior, Copyright Jim Willis 1999
Old November 30th, 2006, 06:38 PM
Senior Contributor

I am so sorry this happened...RIP little one.
A sure way not to have this happen again is to get your girl spayed...the world has too many kittens suffering and in need of homes:sad:
Old November 30th, 2006, 06:43 PM
Live well, laugh often

Sorry for your loss. What was the virus? Please have your pet spayed to prevent future pregnancies. There are already so many kittens looking for homes. :sad: