Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old November 26th, 2006, 12:49 PM

Exclamation Golden retriever found in Lachine/Mtl west

****We've found the owner****

We have found a golden retriever on Mount Vernon in Lachine/Mtl west. She is older and very calm. If this is your dog please contact us.
Thank you
Attached Images

Last edited by luvmena; November 26th, 2006 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Found the owner
Old November 26th, 2006, 01:01 PM
-

Hi luvmena, I tried to pm you but you don't have enough post to do so. I am with Golden Rescue Québec. If you can't find the owner,I could help you. But first ; does this dog have a tatoo ? If so, I could find the breeder for you so you could contact him/her,it could help to find the owner. I guess she didn't have any tags (that I would never understand why people don't put tags on their dog) You could contact DMV at Lachine to report her as a lost dog,shelters too if they are around your area. Look if anyone put up posters for her. Many people will tell you to go out of your way to find the owners but I think it should be the other way around. The owners have to , at least try to find her. They would be the ones putting up posters and leaving their names in shelter and at the DMV.Good luck and keep me posted.
Old November 26th, 2006, 04:29 PM
Senior Contributor

Ok this is very strange, but Do you mean "Mount Vernon" the street. I am asking because I was visiting a client on that street and I saw a lady dressed in a black coat and black hat walking that dog or a dog that looked very much like the one in the picture. She was maybe in her 60's or late 50's. I know that golden's all look alike but for some reason this dog just grabed my attention and I commented. I don't know how long Mount Vernon is but I was a the end of it closer to the 20...is that the area where it was found?
Old November 26th, 2006, 05:09 PM

We Found The Owner And All Is Well!

It Turns out he lives around the corner and has been looking for her since 9am. My neighbour knew them both and put us together. I did warn him to buy a tag with his phone number and e-mail. He was very happy to have her back and we were very sad to see her go.....:sad:
Old November 26th, 2006, 10:48 PM
-

Happy ending !