Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Pets that have passed away - Rainbow bridge

Old November 24th, 2006, 11:03 PM

grieving

Hello,everyone I have just lossed my beloved laborador today,he was 12 him and I would take walks often at a park close by and he loved it and so did I.he was a beautiful dog and such a friend and so gentle.I could not have asked for a better pet.about a year ago he began to have a problem in his rear legs he was still walking but he would have a hard time getting up the stairs in to my house, by summertime he was falling and could no longer get out of my van or in without assistance . he also had a cough witch was becoming worriesome to us. we went to the vet and he took xrays of his chest and said that he had an enlarged heart valve,and that his leg problem was a degenerative spine disease needless to say my wife and I were beside ourselves we didnt have alot of money after that appointment to spend on more test which the vet said may or may not be helpfull.so we brought him home and continued to go on the best we could .his walking was continuing to decline by september he could barely walk and by october he could no longer walk with out assistance,by late october my wife and I took him back to the vet and asked him could we do any more for his mobility ,he said not a whole lot and with his problems he said it would not be awrong decision to put him down at this time .but I refused and wanted him home with me,so we brought him home and continued to help him walk with the assistance of a towel under his belly he was losing weight ,and becoming extremely frustrated from not being able to move around.we went to thanksgiving dinner and when we came home he was breathing very abnormally,it seemed as if he was gasping and couldnt catch his breath ,this went on allnight by the next day he was exhausted but still could not catch his breath,I could not stand to see him suffer so off we went to the vet,this was my babys last trip we put him to sleep and he went quite peacefully and now I miss him terribly and I pray he is at the rainbow bridge ,it was a privelidge for him to grace my pesence and I will forever love him, and count on the day when he sees me looking for him at the rainbow bridge may god bless this beautiful dog, thank you for listening please feel free to post a comment
Old November 24th, 2006, 11:04 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss. It sounds like your doggy had a good life and a great home.
Old November 24th, 2006, 11:39 PM
-

Although he is gone from your life, he will forever hold a special place in your heart.
Old November 24th, 2006, 11:48 PM
Senior Contributor

I think all members of this forum have had to deal with the heartbreak of watching a beloved pet suddenly begin to decline in health and have had to make this gutwrenching decision to no longer let them suffer. My heart goes out to you and your family. I'd love to see a picture of your furbaby.
Old November 26th, 2006, 08:39 AM

thankyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prin View Post
I'm so sorry for your loss. It sounds like your doggy had a good life and a great home.
thankyou prin for your kind words your response comforts me
Old November 26th, 2006, 08:42 AM

thankyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummummum View Post
Although he is gone from your life, he will forever hold a special place in your heart.
thankyou for your kindness I am greatful for people like you
Old November 26th, 2006, 08:45 AM

thankyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasslass View Post
I think all members of this forum have had to deal with the heartbreak of watching a beloved pet suddenly begin to decline in health and have had to make this gutwrenching decision to no longer let them suffer. My heart goes out to you and your family. I'd love to see a picture of your furbaby.
thankyou for your kindness it is comforting to know that there are people
like you in the world ,god bless you