Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old February 19th, 2004, 01:46 AM
banned user

Unhappy Lost Cat

Lost Cat - Scoobert was lost on Saturday February 14th in the East College Park area in Saskatoon. He is a black and white cat, domestic short hair cat. Scoobert does not like to be approached by adults but is quite affectionate around children. Scoobert is not timid of other cats, however can be territorial in certain circumstances.

Scoobert was visiting at a friend's house when he was lost. He has been outdoors in this area a number of times before - so the area is familiar to him.

There was two kittens in the house at the time. Scoobert "tolerated" these kittens, and has been around them before. He has always been let outdoors on previous occasions and he always came back - so he probably did not run away because of the kittens.

I have handed out more than 200 posters in the area and walked through the back alleys and have not had any luck.

I would appreciate it if anyone had any tips how to find Scoobert if he is infact hiding or suggestions on why he may have ran away.

Thanks.
Old February 19th, 2004, 10:03 AM
Senior Contributor

As to why he ran off - anything can happen to cats outside. A dog or another cat may have chased him, someone may have thought he was a stray and took him...who knows.

Does he have some favorite treat or food? You could try walking around the area, shaking the box or tin and calling his name.

Also - go at night. Lost cats are often frightened to come out in the daytime, but he may come out when it's quiet at night. This has worked for me.

Also put his pic up at vet clinics, pet food stores and shelters.

Sorry you lost your kitty. I hope you find him!
Old February 19th, 2004, 11:29 AM
banned user

re:lost cat

Thank-you for the information. I have placed posters at Vet clinics, grocerery stores, schoolls, churches, etc.

I have also tried searching at night, however I recently read that Scoobert is probably hiding in fear and may not come out to the sound of my voice - so I am going to slow down my search and check every little crook and cranny.