Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Old September 16th, 2006, 07:41 PM

Hi from Brampton Ontario Canada!

Hi Everyone.

Hello from Canada

Just found this wonderful forum recently and I am amazed at the passion and knowledge of many of the posters. I will be posting a question later tonight on the dogs/cats general forum hoping for some input from all you wonderful people.

A wee bit about myself. I was born in Scotland, but emigrated to Canada in 1965 when I was only 12 years old. I'm sure you can do the math and figure out how OLD I am

I did have a wee Shih Tzu, Tasha who was my buddy, my first pet and the love of my life, but she passed away June 28, 2006 at the age of 15. Her wee heart finally gave out on her. I swore that I would never, ever get another dog and put myself through the intense grief I experienced, however I think I've changed my mind. I live alone and I really miss having one of those wee four footers running around.

Anyway, that's a bit about me. Glad to have found this forum and I look forward to getting to know all of you. Linda.
Old September 16th, 2006, 08:07 PM

Welcome shihtzus4ever, Please don't shut yourself off to having another pet, you are understandably grieving your little one Tasha. It amazes me how attached we come to them, your heart will heal with time. There will never be another one to fill her shoes but another to fill your heart, l look forward to chatting sometime
Old September 16th, 2006, 09:48 PM

Thank you so much for your warm welcome LibbyP. It has been a rough couple of months, although it is getting somewhat easier. I always knew I would miss Tasha when she passed away and dreading the day, but I was definitely unprepared for the overwhelming emotions that I experienced.

And for sure I'll be getting another wee Shih Tzu to keep me company, probably sometime next year, but as you said she will never replace Tasha but I'm sure she will have her own personality and that Shih Tzu charm.

It's nice to be here. Hoping to talk to you soon. Linda