Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old February 5th, 2004, 12:55 PM

Unhappy DEARLY MISSED DAKOTA

Dakota has been missing since October of last year. Lost in Orillia West St N & Fittons area. He is a domestic short hair white with large orange patches and a ringed white and orange tail like a racoon. He is 1 1/2 years old and not neutered. His collar was not on. Extremely affectionate and very vocal. If you have any info please feel free to contact me day or night @ 705-323-4857 or 705-326-5467 or e-mail me @ davis12@sympatico.ca Thank-you
Attached Images

Old February 5th, 2004, 03:39 PM
Senior Contributor

Have you posted any fliers with his pic?

Post them everywhere and also at the vets.

Call your local shelters.

I do hope you find him.
Old February 5th, 2004, 05:54 PM

Smile

Thank you for responding Mona. The vets , the pet stores, the malls and the shelters around have Dakota's pic and description. I have put dozens of flyers with protective covers around Orillia only to find them ripped down. I have just recently discovered different sites that I can ask for help to bring my Kota home Thanx again )
Old March 18th, 2004, 10:17 AM

Talking Dakota Is Home Safe

Dakota was picked up by Orillia SPCA by Wal-Mart in Orillia. Someone had called in and said that a cat had been hanging around the house for about a month. He had been gone since October of 93 and I was having my doubts that he had survived the brutally cold winter but I was always looking hoping that maybe someone had taken him in out of the cold. Dakota has lost alot of weight and has a few scratches but overall he is healthy. The SPCA will not give any info on who had called Dakota in but whoever you are my family and myself thank you from the bottom of our hearts. I would also like to thank Mona B for all the site suggestions. Keep up the great work!!!!!
Old March 18th, 2004, 10:30 AM
Senior Contributor

OMG OMG OMG

I have goosebumps.

HUGS to you and your family.

I am soooooooooo happy Dakota is home.

Miracles do happen.I just LOVE happy endings.

Any pics of Dakota?
Old March 18th, 2004, 10:48 AM
Senior Contributor

Holy cow - that is a miracle!!!

Please get Dakota neutered and keep that boy inside!
Old March 18th, 2004, 04:30 PM
Senior Contributor

Me too,I get goose bumps,,,and an elated feeling!!!
I assume you mean 2003,not 1993,because if he'd been gone since 1993,that what have been a gigantic miracle
But we'll take miracles any way they come and by the way,he is a beauty!!!
Old March 22nd, 2004, 01:08 PM

Talking

Thank you to all who share in my joy of Dakota being home again
I was going to put some pics up to show you all but my husband has the digital cam at work today, I will try to take some pics tonite and post them. It was 2003 that he went missing but it's still a miracle that he is home because the highway is right there by Wal-Mart and all kinds of construction is going on there as well. Dixie ( Dakota's sister ) has warmed up to him and they race around the house just like before. Dallas (Dakota's mom ) is getting there but she never was really impressed with him since the get go. Actually I will take pictures of all my babies to show them off. Dakota has no desire to go outside, he's quite content to stay in where it's warm and suck up all the attention he is getting. He will be getting fixed soon but I want to put a little bit of weight back on him as he has lost alot. After 5 months of being outside I don't want to traumatize him by locking him in a crate and go to another strange place. Pics of my babies coming soon
Old March 22nd, 2004, 01:15 PM
Senior Contributor

Looking forward to the pics...it's sooo nice to hear a happy ending story for once
Old March 24th, 2004, 07:55 PM

Smile Website is started :o)

I have started my website for Dakota and his siblings please feel free to check it out, just a few pics right now but I will be adding more soon. The address is http://www.geocities.com/ndavis1ca
Old March 24th, 2004, 08:46 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

Super dooper

Great happy endings
LOVE IT
Old April 17th, 2004, 07:07 PM

Tragedy In My Family

Easter Monday I had to bury Dallas. She jumped the fence around the pool and drowned in my pool. An older lady that lives in the apartment building behind me said that she had seen Dallas on the deck and walking around the edge of the pool. Instead of trying to let me know she proceeded to watch Dallas jump in and drown. After she saw no more movement she sent her granddaughter down to let me know that my cat was in my pool and it was no longer moving. I raced to the pool but it was too late she was cold and stiff. I raced her inside and performed cpr with my 3 kids reminding me of the miracles that they had seen on tv. "Come on mommy you can save her, we know you can do it". With uncontrollable tears I kept trying for 30 minutes hoping for that miracle for my Dallas but all my efforts were in vain, we lost her. We took her to a friend's farm and had a ceremony & a burial.Each one of my children held her wrapped in her blanket and gave her a final kiss on the foreheadand I laid her to rest. I have never cried so hard in all my life, for the next 2 days my eyelids were so swollen I had impaired vision. Writing this is extremely hard and my tears are pouring I can't see anymore
Old April 17th, 2004, 07:24 PM
Senior Contributor

NDavies,that is so sad I am sure everyone here feels for you.
First Dakota goes missing and is happily found again and now his mom Dallas drowns
Accidents happen and you did all you could,I am sure it does not make you feel any better,but you it will with time,we've all been there.My sympathy to you and your family
Dallas was a beautiful girl...
Old April 17th, 2004, 07:28 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

OHHHHHHH nooooo!!!

Please pay tribute to Dallas on the pet cemetery you can find it from the home page

So sad oh so sad
Old April 17th, 2004, 09:14 PM
Senior Contributor

I am SOOOOOO very sorry to hear about Dallas.

She was a beautiful Cat.

My thoughts and prayers got to you and your family.

((((((HUGS)))))))
Old April 18th, 2004, 09:19 AM

I am having a true moment of rage here so I decided the best thing for me to do was to get my feelings out here instead of doing something stupid. The thing that enrages me about this tragic event is that the old bat ( sorry normally I repect my elders) watched my beautiful Dallas drown right before her eyes. How could someone be so horrible? I saw her sitting out on her patio yesterday and to be honest I wanted to go and scream at her to let her know how disgusted I am with her, I still want to but it won't bring my beautiful Dallas back. What is wrong with people? Dallas was a part of my family and she will never be forgotten. I tried to put her in the pet cemetery but I can't do it yet, just looking at her picture..... sorry tears....
I just want to thank all of you for being here and sharing my sorrow, I'm sure as time goes by I will be able to deal with this better

God Bless
Old April 18th, 2004, 10:44 AM
Senior Contributor

I can understand your anger,but like you say,it won't bring Dallas back...maybe having a talk to this lady,telling her how you feel,might be a good idea.Instead of having your anger brew and make you feel even worse.
I am not someone keeping my feelings inside,so talking to her would make me feel better.
It was indirectly her fault for not running over to save Dallas,I would have jumped the fence,but the sad truth is it was a preventable accident
Old April 19th, 2004, 06:53 PM

Can Bats Swim?

I know how you feel anyone that can watch a cat drown - should try the same experience. GGGGGRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrr..