Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants

Old August 18th, 2006, 06:16 PM
Honest Contributor

any montrealers going to the dog picnic tomorrow?

the beanies and I are going! it's gonna be a blast! hope to see some of you there?

Quote:
Samedi prochain aura lieu le Pique-nique annuel de Sortiedechien.com, une belle occasion de vous lier d’amitié avec des passionnés des chiens comme vous ainsi qu’avec leurs compagnons !

Je vous invite à vous joindre à nous pour cette journée de rencontres et d’activités à l’Île Ste-Hélène sur le site de la tour de Lévis.

Carte et indications pour s’y rendre :
http://www.sortiedechien.com/articles.php?id=98&page=3

Horaire
11h à 13h- Pique-nique et rencontres
13h à 15h- Activités organisées et démonstrations
• Démonstration de danse freestyle
• Mini parcours d’agilité. Démonstration et invitation à tous les chiens d’y mettre la patte !
• Bassins d’eau pour les chiens
• Démonstration/atelier de T-Touch, par Françoise Philie
• Confection de médailles : Faites votre propre médaille ! Organisé par Sortiedechien.com au profit de la Société canadienne du cancer.
• Randonnée
• Maquillage et activités pour enfants
• Musique
• Défi des athlètes : Monter l’incroyable tour Lévis : Haute de 30 mètres (92 pieds) et munie d’un escalier intérieur de 157 marches menant à une terrasse d'observation offrant une vue à 360 degrés et des perspectives impressionnantes sur les îles, le fleuve, la ville de Montréal et la Montérégie.
• Défi des races : décompte amical afin de savoir quelle race sera la plus représentée !
• Prix de présence
16h - Fin de la journée

Informations importantes !
• L’activité est gratuite • Vous devez apporter votre propre pique-nique. Aucun aliment ou boisson ne seront vendus sur place.
• Bien qu’il y ait des tables de pique-nique sur place, comme nous serons plusieurs, il serait avisé d’apporter une couverture.
• Le stationnement le plus près du site est le P7 et la Société du parc des îles de Montréal charge 10$.
• Le site du rassemblement n’est pas directement adjacent au stationnement. Vous aurez une petite marche à faire pour monter près de la Tour Lévis.
• En cas de pluie, l’évènement sera remis au dimanche. L’information sera clairement affichée sur Sortiedechien.com
• Votre chien devra être tenu en laisse et demeure sous votre entière responsabilité lors de l’activité.

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints.

:love: ~Akitas Are Love~ :love:
Old August 18th, 2006, 07:27 PM

If I can come up with the $10 for parking, the $8 for gas, and a lunch, I'll be there. I didn't know about it... My doggies haven't seen doggies in a while, so that they'll be ok in public....
Old August 18th, 2006, 07:50 PM
cat slave

if you guys are going for sure i wouldn't mind meeting you guys there
i want a Boo hug
Old August 18th, 2006, 07:51 PM

Hi there! i was reading it and all happy to think i would have meet you there guys, but I work tomorrow, until 4...
So hopefully there will be another activity soon

Maxine
Old August 18th, 2006, 07:51 PM

lol I'll post tomorrow if I go.
Old August 18th, 2006, 09:05 PM
Honest Contributor

cool beans! hopefully i will recognize Forum Doggies if I see them! and if not, if anyone wants to come say hello to the beanies... y'all know their mugs by now should be a LOT of fun!

Old August 18th, 2006, 09:38 PM
Rottie owner and lover

How can I get there from west island, I suck at directions
Old August 18th, 2006, 09:43 PM
Honest Contributor

the best way is to take the 20 east, go through the Ville-Marie tunnel, and follow the directions to the Lorimier/ Pont Jacques Cartier exit. Once on the bridge, you have to exit on Ile Ste-Helene (where La Ronde is) and follow directions to the "complexe aquatique", Parking P7 is the closest one to the picnic, which is held at the Tour Levis site. I'm new to this too so will just follow the folks with the dogs, LOL! we're lucky though, the Jacques Cartier bridge is only 10 mins away from us... but i'd travel a long way for this

Old August 18th, 2006, 09:50 PM
Rottie owner and lover

it is at least 45 mins from me, so I will see if I can gather the extra money for gas and parking
Old August 18th, 2006, 09:53 PM
Honest Contributor

that would be so cool... maybe carpool with someone & split the costs?... too bad we can't take dogs on trains & metros

Old August 19th, 2006, 10:33 AM

K, I'm going... I'm picking up breakfast on my way and then I'm gone. So in about an hour I'll be there. Hopefully everybody else will still be there too.
Old August 19th, 2006, 10:37 AM
Honest Contributor

wooohoooo! can't wait to meet the kids!

Old August 19th, 2006, 10:53 AM
Senior Contributor

Oh I wish I didn't have to work this afternoon
Old August 19th, 2006, 10:57 AM

Oh man, I wish I could go! I live about an hour away and DH and I are painting our house tomorrow. Besides, my two aren't very good with other dogs. Benny gets all excited and gets the splats for 2 days, and Sophie was chased by a gang of little dogs a few years ago and is terrified so I'm guessing it would be a big disaster if I went. I hope all of you who are going have a great time though! I hope the weather is good.
Old August 19th, 2006, 12:35 PM
-

Hope you guys all have fun.
Old August 19th, 2006, 01:40 PM
cat slave

there'd better be pictures posted later on today

when I checked the board this morning , it didn't have any updates so i went on my errand run instead :sad:
Old August 19th, 2006, 04:28 PM

Group shot of just me and ALLLLL the furries.

And then a friend of techno's started doing things to get the doggies' attention... I guess I'm a doggy too. (She was very distracting )

And the bears:

Lotsa doggies there today. And HOT! I had to come home and soak in the doggies' kiddie pool to cool off.

Old August 19th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Honest Contributor

i have more! it was a fun afternoon in the HOT HOT sun, lots of small dogs but a few big ones showed up too... i was soooo lazy and opted to chill out with boo n'jemma cuz they so cuuuute and snuggly and friendly We all had a great time! now the dogs are sleeping like logs, wonder why? LOL

here is the gang, minus me the camera-holder:

a very happy jemma:

smiling doggies:

tried to photograph Mister Boo!

more fun moments... so many distractions around but they did so good!

Boo saying "i know you're a girl and all, but i STILL don't trust you cuz i no like akitas!" LOL

but he behaved anyways! good boo! (who is not a lab!)

Old August 19th, 2006, 05:05 PM
Blue eyed funny farm

Looked like fun, i wish we had things like that around here. But all we get is Paws for a Cause, which i really hope to go to this year.
Old August 19th, 2006, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by technodoll
i have more! it was a fun afternoon in the HOT HOT sun, lots of small dogs but a few big ones showed up too... i was soooo lazy and opted to chill out with boo n'jemma cuz they so cuuuute and snuggly and friendly We all had a great time! now the dogs are sleeping like logs, wonder why? LOL

Boo saying "i know you're a girl and all, but i STILL don't trust you cuz i no like akitas!" LOL

but he behaved anyways! good boo! (who is not a lab!)
lol My doggies are out too. Boo didn't even come to the door when I went out to start the bbq.

Boo tried... He was nice to everybody except Dakotah and Maika. (He still thinks Maika's a dude with un-neuticles )

Jemma had a run at the agility thing after you left and it was pretty disastrous. There was a young girl offering Jemma wheaty cookies and your friend was all "Don't give her any!" But Jemma smelt them, and it was too late. She did most of the course (including the jumps) backward because she was so focused on the girl with the cookies. But she did the tunnel and the slalom thingy, so that's better than last time.

I'll have to see the big guys again, minus angry Boo, so I can socialize better.

oh, and no... Boo's NOT a lab.
Old August 19th, 2006, 05:18 PM

(btw, I should get you to take pics of me more often... You make me look so slim! )
Old August 19th, 2006, 07:09 PM
cat slave

awww I'm sorry I missed it

Boo looks calm in the pictures maybe it's the magic of photography hehe i LOVE his expression there sitting next to Maika "I'll just sneak a peak while the wife's not watching "

The bears' heads are HUGE! "yeah! we're ready to play, yeah , yeah"

I like captioning photos
Old August 19th, 2006, 07:17 PM
Honest Contributor

LOL! it's trick photography, maika's head is quite tiny! in fact she's a small adolescent girl, only 70 lbs - it's all fur and boy is she ever shedding it today, after yesterday's river swim!

prin, maybe you don't see yourself as you are, remember the camera "adds 10 pounds"! and you look great in the photos, very happy big smiles, a beautiful slim woman! i only picked a few from the bunch but they were all very nice!

Old August 19th, 2006, 09:12 PM

lol The way the light usually hits me tends to accentuate the wrong "curvy" bits on me. We were in the shade, so it wasn't so bad, but I'm never photogenic like that. I think those bears are quite slimming too.

I got heat stroked so I went to sleep with Boo for a while and he had dreams of Maika. First, the low growling. Then he got his way with her (a few times). Poor Boo. If he keeps thinking he's going to get his way in his dreams, he might wake up to be a real a**.
Old August 19th, 2006, 09:20 PM
Honest Contributor

Quote:
I got heat stroked so I went to sleep with Boo for a while and he had dreams of Maika. First, the low growling. Then he got his way with her (a few times). Poor Boo. If he keeps thinking he's going to get his way in his dreams, he might wake up to be a real a**.
oh my gaaaaaaaawd! ROTFLMAO!!! that's the funniest thing i ever heard i think you should let boo dream, it's his playground when he sleeps, i'm sure in his she's a cute black doggie with a white face and no tail, and she smells like sweet ham with peanut butter! ha ha! oh god. i'm still giggling!

and you ARE very photogenic and i have proof, nyyaaahh nyaaaa nyyaaah! it's the happy smiles that do the trick you know

Old August 19th, 2006, 09:23 PM

lol really? Smiles hide the tires?

Oh, I never wake Boo up unless he's having a really bad dream that doesn't get better. If he cries or just keeps growling, I wake him up. But I think in his Maika dream, he won, so I let him sleep.
Old August 19th, 2006, 09:25 PM
Honest Contributor

good boo!

Old August 19th, 2006, 09:29 PM

It's funny because if Dakotah was neutered, I don't know if Boo would have a problem with him. Maika is the one that reminds him of his attack akita. I mean, how many times did he "inspect" her? He just didn't get over it.:sad: Ah well, they just need to go swimming or something together..
Old August 19th, 2006, 09:43 PM
Honest Contributor

ya know, it's like with humans i guess. sometimes you just look at someone and you cannot like them, no matter how nice (or oblivious) to you they are... it's an energy thing. same with dogs... although some dogs can "learn" to like each other, in cases where they have to live together. yeah boo was totally in denial re: maika NOT being a boy, and the little *****kicker only teased him with the paw on his head and the play-bows. it's like she has no concept of respecting a dog's personal space and no matter what, she's not getting it there ya go. some akitas are mean, and others are just too nice I wouldn't let the boys close to each other no matter what though, it's just not worth the risk... i'm always sooo scared dakotah would lose an eye accidentally or something as horrible ! ack! so.... we be good mamas and let the goils play and the boys snuggle with the humans? and take turns playing with the ladies? or something like that

Old August 19th, 2006, 09:45 PM

Well, then Boo wouldn't get turns with anybody.

Jemma would probably love Dakotah, once she gets a little bit of fur from him.