Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Pets that have passed away - Rainbow bridge

Old June 13th, 2006, 12:39 PM

Goodbye SmokeyJoe my old man

Whilst on holiday last week we received a text message from a friend saying our oldest cat had passed over to the bridge, I feel really bad that I wasn't there for him, but I think I knew before I went away he wouldn't be here when we got back, I hugged and kissed him before we left for the airport, one week into out holiday (Egypt) we were on a star gazing trip in the desert (my HB bought me two stars named Freeway and Shasta and we were looking at them through a big telescope - Shasta passed to the bridge 4 years ago and Freeway last year) - just as we looked up a very large shooting star went across the sky - I didn't know until later that evening that Smokey had come to say goodbye to me.

Smokey was the oldest cat in the world - he seemed like it to me, he was 22 years old and apart from his yearly jabs had never been to the vets.

He was well just my old man, there are no words.

Play happy at the bridge with Freeway and Shasta, and be nice to Sammy cat, mummy loves you all so very much, today I can cry whilst I type this because no one can see me, my HB and children didn't mention it on holiday.

Thank you Smokey Joe, I will miss your vocal alarm clock in the morning and our TV time cuddles, never on my lap, but on the cushion next to me.

I love you, god bless.
Old June 13th, 2006, 01:06 PM

:sad: I am so sorry :sad:
Old June 13th, 2006, 02:22 PM
Kitty Consort

I'm very sorry for your sad loss.
What an amazingly long and healthy life your Smokey Joe enjoyed, a wonderful testament to the loving care you provided him.
I'm sure he is romping free at the Bridge,.. just as you picture him.
Old June 13th, 2006, 10:06 PM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock
I'm very sorry for your sad loss.
What an amazingly long and healthy life your Smokey Joe enjoyed, a wonderful testament to the loving care you provided him.
I'm sure he is romping free at the Bridge,.. just as you picture him.
Indeed and for your loss as well.:sad:
But consider this my friend in Cat years your old buddy lived what would be the human equivalent of probably almost 200 years old! That's truly remarkable!
You did an excellent job in caring and loving him and no one can take that away from you, we has moved on the bridge waiting for you on the day when we will all be reunited with our loved ones in the place where no shadows fall...