Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Rescue (Adopt) a cat - listings

Old May 20th, 2006, 05:49 PM
Senior Contributor

Ebby needs a home

EBBY NEEDS A HOME

Golden-eyed Ebby is a small but solid bundle of cat. Like a kitten, he is greedy for everything: food, love and playtime. Ebby was found in early April with a huge abscess on his face, which the vet drained and treated. He was neutered at the same time. Then, while he was recovering, he developed an inner ear infection, which affected his balance. Unfortunately, while much improved, his unsteadiness and slight head tilt are likely to be permanent. None of this has affected his basic good health and his joie de vivre, far from it. He is a gentle soul, always looking for kisses. Although he can be a bit confrontational with other cats, a legacy of the alley, he is quite submissive overall. Ebby would be so grateful for a little corner of your house and heart. His early life was such a struggle; we hope that is over now.
Attached Images

Old May 20th, 2006, 07:27 PM
Senior Contributor

Awww, he looks very good now, thanks to you! I can list him now and if you are able, you can bring him to Finnegan's next Saturday, if it ever stops raining!

Around how old is he?
Old May 20th, 2006, 07:44 PM
Senior Contributor

Awwwwwww, he is such a cutie pie!
Old May 20th, 2006, 09:32 PM
Senior Contributor

He could be as much as two years. He's one of those square, sturdy black fellows. There are two alleys close by that are both just infested with black cats. People feed them somewhat intermittently and they breed and breed. Perfect catch-and-release scenario.

I can't understand why the SPCA doesn't get into catch-and-release, together with an education campaign. It's so obvious. I'm sure they could find the extra money, even sponsors.
Old May 20th, 2006, 11:16 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
I can't understand why the SPCA doesn't get into catch-and-release, together with an education campaign. It's so obvious. I'm sure they could find the extra money, even sponsors.
Surely you jest.