Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old May 19th, 2006, 11:02 AM
Vicky K

Montreal, who sells doggy playpens?

Hi

Im searching for a playpen for my little chihuahua, but I cant seem to find any stores that carry them. I found tons online but I'd rather save myself the shipping cost if possible. If anyone knows of a store in Montreal or Laval, your input would be greatly appreciated.

P.s. I would be interested in a used one also. (thats in good condition)

Thank you
Vicky
Old May 19th, 2006, 11:36 AM

Have you tried mondou, we have two that I know of on the south shore.
Some people post animal things for sale at vets offices too.

As for a used pen, I was told that some diseases stay in cages for a long time (even with good cleaning). I don't know this for sure, but you might want to ask why they are selling it.

Last edited by dragon_queen; May 19th, 2006 at 11:41 AM.
Old May 19th, 2006, 05:59 PM
Vicky K

Thank you for your reply Dragon Queen, the thought never occured to me seeing as it's mostly net but they do chew on the posts and stuff so u are absolutely right. Im gonna get new material only.

I looked at JE mondu online and they only had cages, they may have a catalogue for special order but seeing as I take my dog to work everyday Im was hoping to get it faster
Old May 19th, 2006, 06:00 PM
Vicky K

Thank you for your reply Dragon Queen, the thought never occurred to me seeing as it's mostly net but they do chew on the posts and stuff so u are absolutely right. Im gonna get new material only.

I looked at JE mondu online and they only had cages, they may have a catalogue instore for special order but seeing as I take my dog to work everyday I was hoping to get it faster
Old May 21st, 2006, 07:39 PM
Owned by goldens

Playpens

I know you didn't want to go online but the Pet Supply House has great prices and even with shipping won't cost you anymore than it would in a pet shop.
Have you checked out Toys R US? They have pens for babies. Maybe one would work for your dog.
Old May 21st, 2006, 07:56 PM

You might be using the wrong word... Try looking for an 'exercise pen'. I'm not sure what kind of store you have around there, but I've seen x-pens in canadian Tire as well as the 'big box' pet stores. They are pretty expensive though (over $100 if not on sale) so you might want to reconsider buying a used one... Not sure how germs could live on painted metal though so I wouldn't worry much