Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum > Movies - T.V. - Videos

Old May 7th, 2006, 09:34 AM

Wolf Creek

Anybody seen Wolf Creek? It has to be one of the creepiest, most disturbing movies I've ever seen (ranks right up there with Savage Messiah)

There's something really terrifying when it's actually true and not some made up fiction thing. I do realize the movie was "fiction" but there were muders, now known as the Backpack Murders and that infact the movie was based on fact.

Spent all morning reading about the real crime and the real guy .... til last night I thought I wanted to visit Australia ..... think I'll stick to the Caribbean for now!!

Did it scare the socks off anyone else??
Old May 7th, 2006, 09:45 AM
Honest Contributor

it was so disturbing, i could not even finish the movie!!! my stomach was full of acid and i felt nauseous, so at the part where the two girls try to take off in the psycho's truck and he emerges from the building, all bloody, and shoots the windshield with his shotgun and the girls are screaming... that's when i said "that's enough". i am curious to see how it ended though, can you tell me what happened?....

ps: man that girl can scream, it was soooo real... shudder

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints.

:love: ~Akitas Are Love~ :love:
Old May 7th, 2006, 10:43 AM

Yeah I felt sort of sick to my stomach watching it too .. and I love scary movies. Here's the ending from where you stopped:

**** WARNING **** - - - - SPOILER BELOW!!!

So the girls steal his truck and start driving away into the night. They can see headlights behind them and know he's following. They come to a cliff but manage to stop the truck. They get out and push the truck over the edge - then they hide as the guy approaches. He looks down, sees the truck and heads down to check it out. They sneak into his car but he didn't leave the keys.

They decide to go back to his house to steal another car. Liz (the one not injured) leaves her friend on the outskirts of the property saying she can go faster alone and will be back in 5 minutes. She goes into the barn and is looking around - - sees some newspaper clippings about missing people, falls on some human remains, finds all kinds of personal property belonging to different people as well as a garage full of cars.

She gets into a car and is trying all the keys. Finally finds the right one - at the same time you realize he's in the backseat! Gets pretty disgusting right about there ... to make it less disgusting and shorter .. he kills her -- well he really hurts her and you never see her again.

The friend meanwhile is sort of drifting in and out of consciousness - she wakes up, realizes it's been a long time and starts to run towards the road. Finally she sees a car coming towards her and an old man stops to help. Of course, the guy is close by and he shoots the man. He then plays a cat and mouse game with the girl before shooting and killing her.

Back to Ben - he's still alive back at the guy's place. He's hanging on the wall with nails through his wrists and some pretty mean looking dogs in cages on the floor. Beside him he can see the remains of another guy who was in the same situation and had been half eaten. He manages to pull his arms off the nails and runs. He is found sometime later by a couple travelling on the highway and they take him safety.

It ends with some blubs that basically say, Ben Mitchell was never convicted and lives in South Australia.

The real guy however, is in prison. His name is Ivan Milat, not Ben Mitchell.

Sorry about the length but there it is!
Old May 7th, 2006, 11:02 AM
-

I love scary movies.Someone told me not to watch it alone,I did.It was painful to watch!It's like the Texas chainshaw massacer (the original one from the 70's) base on actual events.Thanks for clearing the name up Les,I was looking on the internet for Ben Mitchell and couldn't find anything.
Old May 7th, 2006, 10:09 PM

Yay! i cant wait to watch it now! i LOVE scary movies and its really hard for me to find a movie that ACTUALLY scares me... I loved Texas Chain Saw Massacre, so i'll definetly have to watch this one... ( i just hope it not TOO scary because i plan on going to Australia in a couple of years )
Old May 8th, 2006, 11:40 AM
-

The first hour is not scary,bring a pillow for the rest!
Old July 12th, 2006, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by les
Spent all morning reading about the real crime and the real guy .... til last night I thought I wanted to visit Australia ..... think I'll stick to the Caribbean for now!!

Did it scare the socks off anyone else??
I saw Wolf Creek and I am from Austrailia- it was such a scary movie- I'd recommend it to anyone who loves scary movies!!
By they way Les, Australia is very safe, stuff like that does not happen much at all here- esp. where I am, Western Australia. I don't blame you though for been too scared to come now- the movie wasn't exactly a good tourist promotion hehe
Old July 13th, 2006, 02:03 PM
Senior Contributor

Loved it, i just love horror movies that one was good,also love rob zombies films,and the remake of The Hills Have Eyeys was good also
Old July 13th, 2006, 02:12 PM
Senior Contributor

quite possibly the absolute worst movie I've ever seen. (and I've seen some pretty bad ones)

honestly, I didn't find it scary at all. (more stupid & pathetic than anything.) just my opinion though.

Last edited by jessi76; July 13th, 2006 at 02:15 PM.
Old July 13th, 2006, 07:30 PM
-

Heidiho,I only saw "House of 1000 corpses" from Rob Zombie.I know there is another one,what's the tittle and does he have more than 2?
Old July 13th, 2006, 07:41 PM
Slave to the Wigglebum

Hated House of 1000 corpses, thought it was awful. You are probably thinking of The Devils Rejects. Have no desire to watch that one either. I don't really like Rob Zombie. Actually now that I think about it, I don't really like horror movies that much because they are soooo predictable. I would rather have a movie that is mind-challenging and spooky that makes you think "Wow, that could really happen. There really are nutjobs out there that could pull something like this off." Those kinds of movies I love. Some oldies would be Seven and Kiss the Girls. Seven is obviously more disturbing. Anyway, here is a link to Rob Zombie stuff:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0957772/
Old July 13th, 2006, 07:55 PM
-

Cool!Thanks Jesse's mommy.I like all type of movies,except musicals.But scary movies are fun!
Old July 13th, 2006, 08:10 PM
Senior Contributor

Loved Devils Rejects,but i love rob zombie,and guess what he is doing the remake of HALLOWEEN,coming out next year
Old July 14th, 2006, 08:33 AM

Sept13th - I know Australia is safe, I'm just playing One of my cousins moved there a few years ago and she's been asking me to visit since then!

jessi76 - I don't know how you could have not liked it! I mean, it must have at least given you the creeps. I mean, this guy really did those things to some kids!! Yeah, it was pretty predictable being that it's about a guy who murdered some back packers, you kinda knew they weren't all getting away alive. I guess mostly what he did to them bothered me and then to read that most of it was really done ... yikes!!

Ohhh House of 1000 Corpses .... loved it. Watched it for the second time last weekend! lol But, it is a really strange movie and strange filming.

I like scary movies but I can do without too much gore. Both those movies, Wolf Creek and 1000 Corpses are getting close to my limit! Hostel I couldn't take ... that was way too much gore ... I had my face in the blanket and my ears plugged!! lol Okay, so I'm kind of a suck!!
Old July 14th, 2006, 11:28 AM
-

I loved Hostel!I did looked away when the eyes were being cut
Old July 14th, 2006, 02:11 PM
Senior Contributor

Forgot about Hostel loved it,my boyfriend ahtes horror movies but got him to watch that he liked it,and he now loves rob zombie even more after watching his,boyfriend is an artist so he loved devils rejects just because of the way it was filmed,the lighting the kind of film it was on,genius that hot sexy rob zombie