Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Pets that have passed away - Rainbow bridge

Old April 29th, 2006, 09:12 AM
Chad

Exclamation Porkchop says GOOD BYE

To everyone who has sent they're messages of hope and encouragement, i regret to inform you all that we have chosen to have Porkchop Euthanized.

This is as a result of the very fast deteriation of his health, and we are almost positive he now has cancer as well as the peritonitis, both with a very high morbididty rate. He is in sooo much pain and has suffered soo much in the past few days with only a slim chance of survival.

My mom and I will miss him sooo much, as will EVERYONE he met, he will be sadly and dearly missed, but never forgotten.

For those who wish to see this little guy, i have a half decent photo attatched to this thread....again i thank all for they're thoughts and comments.

Yours Truly,

Chad, Mom, and of course PORKCHOP
Attached Images

Last edited by Chad; April 29th, 2006 at 09:14 AM.
Old April 29th, 2006, 11:22 AM

Run to the bridge with no pain, little beagle!

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, Chad and mom, take comfort in the fact that he was well loved and cared for til the end.
Old April 29th, 2006, 11:29 AM

Porkchop

Losing a pet is beyond grief, but please know that we understand what a painful decision it was for you to make to say goodbye to him. No one wants to see their beloved pets in pain. You'll meet again at the Rainbow Bridge ... if you don't know about that, go to the thread about pet loss and read the poem ... it will give you some solace. Good luck to all of you and rest in peace to your boy, Porkchop.

Old April 29th, 2006, 06:25 PM
-

A gentle good night Porkchop....
Old April 29th, 2006, 06:33 PM
Boss-lady!

for your loss. Thank you for sparing your beloved pet more pain. A tough but loving decision.

"You can't have a good day in bad underwear"- Fruit of the Loom ad
Old April 29th, 2006, 09:35 PM
Senior Contributor

My heart goes out to you. By far the hardest thing to have to do, but easier for him. Thanks for being there for him to the end.
Old April 29th, 2006, 10:03 PM
-

So sorry for your loss.

I know that is the hardest decision a person has to make but you did the right thing by not letting him suffer. I've had to do it twice in the last year and I still cannot visit the rainbow forum here because it brings back too many memories.

Only time can heal and my heart goes out to you.
Old April 29th, 2006, 11:20 PM
Chad

Exclamation Thank You All

Thank you all again, it helps having people send they're wishes. Im only 20 and have had Porkchop for his whole life and well almost half of mine. It is soo hard and just reading everyones comments helps that little bit....He was in a lot of pain and was suffering soo much, i could only hope he will forgive me for what i chose to do.

Porkchop was my best friend and the only one who was alwayz there to console me in every way i needed. Now he has passed on to a better place, in a land where he can roam free and bark at everything he sees. A place where hopefully i will see him again. No one can or will take his place. Its impossible to do. I just wish i could share with you the love and joy he brought to everyone he knew. Unfortunately because of the events that took place, and the speed at which it all happened.....there was nothing more we could do....except end his pain....PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE....all you fellow owners and friend lovers, take a minute after reading this and tell all your friends how much you love them and care for them...cause believe me, when theyre gone, you cant satisfy that feeling, like you didnt say it enough.

For all those who have lost a friend, i feel for you. I dont think we are able to fully realize the impact these friends can have on your life until they're gone.

I still would like to recognize the Veterinary Clinic for they're outstanding efforts and endless care and generosity that they bring to work everyday. If anyone can suggest ideas or agencies that will recognize they're efforts, please let me know.
Old April 29th, 2006, 11:46 PM
-

Chad, again I just want to tell you how sorry I am and I know exactly what you are going through right now.

Like I said earlier, I still feel my losses frm last year, and it's only something time can heal.

I also had (and still do have) a wonderful vet. After the loss of my babies she left the clinic where she worked and is now 50 km (30 miles) away from where I live. I still go out of my way to go to her as do alot of others that thought the world of her.

The best thing you can do, if you feel the same way (and obviously you do), is by word of mouth. At least 100 people followed my vet because of that.

Again, my sincerest condolences for your loss of porkchop.
Old April 29th, 2006, 11:47 PM
Personal servant to Joey

oh I am so sorry about Pork Chop I hope you can find some comfort knowing that you gave him a great life -

Spay or neuter your girl or guy
Please dont let us multiply!
Old April 30th, 2006, 10:11 AM

you could take an ad out in the local newspaper with a pic of your pup in memorial, and thank the vet publicly there...
Old May 1st, 2006, 06:16 AM

Sorry for your loss, PorkChop is free of pain now and obviously had a wonderful life with the perfect owner. Such a hard decision for yourselves as either way you would have felt bad but you just need to treasure the memories now and never, ever forgot the wonderful times you spent together.

God Bless PorkChop.
Old May 1st, 2006, 07:21 AM
Senior Contributor

Chad,so sorry:love:
I believe everyone here knows the enormous grief and sadness losing our four-legged best friends,a love that is endless
You gave Pork-Chop an end to pain and suffering,he's at peace now:love:
Old May 1st, 2006, 07:31 AM

I'm so very sorry for your loss.
Old May 3rd, 2006, 09:16 AM
Chad

Exclamation Update on Porky

Dr. Crombie just called and i thought u all should know:

The decision to euthanize him was backed by the pathology biopsy results i recieved today:

POrkchop had what is called: Scirrhous Segmental Intestinal Carcinoma

A fatal desease which in 2 third party neurology opinions, had been said to have a 100% fatal outcome in all cases by those 2 neurologists...

so long story short.....we made the right decision

thought u all should know
Old May 3rd, 2006, 10:00 AM
Sadie's Chefomatic

Dear Chad and family

You were blessed to share so many years with such a wonderful spirit!
I am so sorry for your loss, yet know how happy Porkchop must be now. No pain and running free. Don't be surprised if he comes back to visit you, your little angel
Old May 4th, 2006, 08:53 AM
owned by Tucker

Sorry for your loss, its been two years since I lost my Travis and yes some days it still hurts. Time does heal and make the hurt a little less each day. Remember the good times.
Old May 4th, 2006, 09:26 AM

So sorry for your loss. But wanted to comment on your courage to think of Porkchops well being over your own. Some people let the animal suffer longer than neccessary to put off their own pain of loss. I find it very commendable that you chose to put Porkchop first!
Old May 8th, 2006, 04:23 PM

So Sorry

Your posting brought tears to me, I suffered the same situation, once in January and again in March, never a day goes by without out me thinking about my babies, Max and Boris, they were with me for so long, you made the right decision,a tough call but the best one. Porkchop will be bouncing along with my Max at the bridge. You were very brave!.

Take Care.
Old May 9th, 2006, 01:46 PM
nancy jane

I'm so sorry for your friend

Dear Chad and Mom

I have tried to read all the messages without crying not easy. You have done the right thing. I too had to let go of my best friend and love of 16 years. and I too have days telling myself did I do the right thing. He came to me in a dream. I was at the farm and he scratch at the door for me to let him in and I open he barked at me and ran like crazy. I knew then he was free to run and play.
Since Nov 24, 2005 we have had no family member but as to the past weekend ourlives have change to a new one His name is Taffy and the joy of him has filled my heart. MY ANGEL WOLF has not been forgotten but I see him in our new family member eveyday. So there is another porkchop out there for you and mom. Take your time. He lives on in your heart and memories.
Old May 12th, 2006, 11:50 PM
Milo....aw those eyes!

I'm so sorry. I too lost my baby Milo and in my time of grief I found this website. There's a Monday night candle ceremony to pray for all the pets who have enter Rainbow Bridge.
http://rainbowsbridge.com/