Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum > Movies - T.V. - Videos

Old April 25th, 2006, 10:47 AM

Question Elizabethtown

What did everyone think of this movie with Orlando Bloom and Kirsten Dunst?

I saw it recently on video and thought it was very cute and quirky. I would definitely recommend it. However, I looked it up online and it got terrible reviews.

Am I missing something? It wasn't the BEST movie ever, but I didn't think it was terrible.
Old April 25th, 2006, 06:22 PM

I didn't hate it either. Then again, it had Orlando Bloom in it. I could have turned off the volume and I still would have enjoyed it. Kirsten Dunce (yes, I intentionally misspelled her name) I could have done without. Mind you, I think she's probably the only person who could have done such a good job of looking like a complete wacko flake-job. Overall, though, I also thought the movie was cute and quirky - certainly not the complete waste of celluloid the critics were calling it. I rarely ever agree with critics, though. I especially liked the road trip at the end.
Old April 28th, 2006, 10:40 AM

This will probably turn into a "thread jacking" but that's okay. I don't understand why Kirsten "Dunce" gets all of these high profile roles! She's not attractive (to me), has weird teeth and expressions, and isn't necessarily the best actor ever. And yet, she's in the Spiderman series, this, Wimbledon, Mona Lisa Smile, and a ton of other movies that I wish they put someone else in!

Ick! You're right that she was good at being a quirky whack job. Didn't she do that role before though? Who knows.

Anyway, I liked the movie and I'm glad I'm not alone!
Old June 28th, 2006, 11:03 PM

Personally , I loved the movie ... the road trip at the end is totally something I would do and I am always trying to get my workaholic friends to stop and smell the roses! Every needs to take life a little less seriously and once in a while just do something quirky! Sooooooo Definately Good!