Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Pets that have passed away - Rainbow bridge

Old April 15th, 2006, 01:29 AM
Senior Contributor

Still Missing You

On April 21 it will be 4 years since Shayker died. My poor husband doesn't know what to do with me. I get so bitchy and sad at this time.
Grief is a terrible thing. I still grieve for her now as hard as I did when she died. I keep her picture right beside my bed. Sounds stupid but i just can't get past the pain of loosing her. It was different when Akeija died. ( I lost her 6 weeks before Shayker) She had a great and long life. 16 years for a golden collie. Shayker only lived 14 months. She died of kidney failure. I check the girls pee all the time now and monitor their water intake. My husband says I am overly concerned but Shayker's death left a mark on my soul. I am going to the pet cemetery next Friday to replant some pansies on her grave. :sad: My heart has a big hole in it. I miss you Shayker.
Old April 15th, 2006, 12:43 PM

Aww, I'm sorry Shaykeija. When I lost my dobie who was my best friend in the whole world nearly 8 years ago, it was devastating. The only way I could "get over it" is by not thinking about him too often. It sucks, but it hurts too much, you know?

If your hubby doesn't know what to do, tell him sometimes a hug can fix things for a little bit.
Old April 15th, 2006, 03:57 PM
Senior Contributor

Shaijkeya,I soo understand,I lost my cat Sammy many years ago,he was 19 when he passed..yesterday I was looking at some old pics of pets I had lost,Sammys pic just started the tears..I loved him soo much.
I also lost one cat to UTI and I am as paranoid as anybody,making sure my now 3 cats,pee properly and drink lots of water.
I check their kidneys all the time,making sure there is no tenderness..how's that for paranoid.
I often cry for my dog Mishka,who in the end was almost paralized with arthritis,this was 27 yrs ago,had it been today,I am sure she would have been able to live much longer..
Old April 16th, 2006, 01:14 AM

Still missing you

Shaykeija
I know all to well that feeling of silence they leave behind.
I lost my Best friend three years ago., I can't remember much about that next year.
It was a Sunday she passed over while in my arms at home,
and every Sunday for months my husband had to take me away because I couldn't stay in the house.
Talk to someone, a Doctor, and if you think they won't understand, you don't have to tell them you lost your pet, tell them it was your best friend.
Because you see it was your best friend, a friend that loved you for you.
Here's a poem someone sent me, I haven't been able to let my best friend go to where the tears have stopped but I have learned to love again.
To know her love will always be with me.
SeaLady.
To those I love"
When I am gone release me..
Let me go to find out all that I can be.
You mustn't tie yourself to me with tears,
Be happy that we had our precious time.
I gave you love, You can only guess
How much you gave me in happiness.
I think you for the love you have shown,
But now it's time I traveled on my own.
So greave awhile for me,
as greave you must
It's only for awhile that we must part,
So bless the memories that lie within your heart.
If you need me call, I'll be there.
Though you can't see or touch me I'll be near.
And if you listen with your heart,
You'll feel my love around you soft and clear.
And then when you must come
this way on your own,
I'll greet at the gate , and together
we'll walk once more.
never more to be apart.
Old April 18th, 2006, 08:42 AM

My Babies

I know exactly how you feel, I miss them all so much, especially Max my Ridgeback (tears now). All my babies passed away in just over a year, firstly Azzie, my tortie, I had to put her down Christmas 2004, she had cancer. Then it was Boris, my tabby, I had to put him down in January this year, he had some weird blood disorder. Then it was my Max, I had to put him down in March, he'd had a stroke and was just too old. I think about them every day and how I miss each and every one of them. Every time I look at a picture of Max I want to reach out and stroke it, he had such a lovely soft fur. I don't think that I'll every get over losing them, sometimes I feel very silly and neurotic, sometimes I feel very sad and tearful, and then I remember some of the silly things they used to do, and how much of a laugh I'd have. Like Azzie, a very small cat, pining down Max, a very large dog, and washing his face! Like Boris having intimate carnal knowledge of his sister, even though he'd had the snip!

I'll never forget them and I never want too. I will take on more pets, but not right at this moment. I will remember all my pets and will mourn their passing away forever.

The love these furball can give is immense!
Attached Images

Old April 18th, 2006, 08:47 AM

This one of Azzie, I couldn't get it on my last post.
Attached Images

Old April 18th, 2006, 09:30 PM
Senior Contributor

They sure were beautiful.
Old May 13th, 2006, 12:11 AM
Milo....aw those eyes!

I'm so sorry. I too lost my baby Milo and in my time of grief I found this website. There's a Monday night candle ceremony to pray for all the pets who have enter Rainbow Bridge.
http://rainbowsbridge.com/