Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Closed Thread

Old April 18th, 2006, 08:30 AM

Unhappy My Jack Russell puppy really sick

I've tried everything he hasn't stopped vomiting .it's started out white foamy vomit and now it's yellow green slime.He's still peeing very very little amounts n his poo is super tiny.I'm feed him with syrinige with water n rice water n he is still vomiting.I need help!!He was born Feb 2nd and we got him Mar 21.PLease someone help me:sad:
Old April 18th, 2006, 08:32 AM

Take your dog to the Vet ASAP!!! This is not the kind of post we can help with. Good luck.

Spelling is an option
Old April 18th, 2006, 08:59 AM
Senior Contributor

He will need to go to the vet immediately and will require Sub Q fluids injected into him to keep him hydrated until this passes or he will die, chances are has some bacterial and viral infection that will require antibiotics,

so please make the call and get him in asap even if you have to take him to a vet hospital if you vet can't get him in right away
Old April 18th, 2006, 09:03 AM

Smile Thank you

Thank you so much for your advice I've got him an appointment fer 4pm with his vet n hopefully everything goes ok, I kan't afford the meds but atleast if I get him in to get checked we can go from there .
Greatly appreciated
Heather and Monte
Old April 18th, 2006, 09:31 AM
Senior Contributor

Start calling your friends and family, he WILL need meds. Maybe your vet will agree to a payment plan, but even then you will probably have to pay some up front.
Good luck, I hope it isn't too serious.
Old April 18th, 2006, 09:36 AM

Hope your puppy feels better soon, to hear he is so sick. I'm sure any vet would make some type of arrangement for you to pay for his meds.
Old April 18th, 2006, 10:11 AM

Unhappy 4 hours to go

All Monte is doin is sleeping, I have to wake him up to go outside, even the fresh air isn't doing anything for him all he wants to do is lay on my lap n sleep (Is that a good thing??) The vets here in ONtario is costing me 49.50 plus tax n I don't even wanna know what his meds will be I'm hopefully goin to be able to do a payment plan, they said they would discuss that with me afterwerds
Old April 18th, 2006, 10:44 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
All Monte is doin is sleeping, I have to wake him up to go outside, even the fresh air isn't doing anything for him all he wants to do is lay on my lap n sleep (Is that a good thing??)
That is referred to as lethargy, and it is a sign he is very ill,

THis site will show you what is meant by SubQ fluids , he has become dehydrated from the vomiting and that is partly what is making him tired, but if he became too dehydrated his body temperature could rise severely and he could have a seizure or stroke, will need help getting fluids back in his body quickly , he may look pouchy afterward but the liquids will get absorbed by his body, it does not hurt the dog, and within a few hours he should be feeling a little better, but he may need this repeated if the vomitting keeps in continuing
http://www.vetmed.wsu.edu/ClientED/dog_fluids.asp

Has your puppy has its vaccines yet???

Your vet may need to run alot of tests, as this post about another puppy that was having the same symptoms explains, but in the end it turned outvery well for the pup and he is a very healthy 2 year old now.

http://forum.greytalk.com/index.php?showtopic=51631
Old April 18th, 2006, 10:55 AM

Please see a vet and post again with an update. Nobody here can diagnose a sick pet over the internet.
Closed Thread