Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Closed Thread

Old March 16th, 2006, 04:23 AM

Question 15 yr old female kitty howling and weight loss

Mariah is my oldest of 4 cats. They range in age 13 to 15 - 3 girls and 1 boy.

They have all enjoyed excellent health their entire lives. I feel them Medi-Cal Mature and twice a day they get a tsp of wet food. My kitties are in door cats - but I do let them out in our fenced yard when I am out there for 5 to 10 mins a day.

Mariah is a Maine Coon Tabby cross and just turned 15 in January. She weighed 22 pounds up until November and we started to notice a weight loss and the top of her tail close the to body - the fur seems sticky all the time.
She howls an awful cry but when you go to check her she is just sitting looking at a wall. This whaling goes on all day and night - but every morning at 4am like clock work she starts. She appears to NOT be in any pain.

Her eating and drinking is still regular as well as her bathrooming. She had a check up in December and all was fine then.

Do you have any ideas what could be wrong or is this old age - (sisters 19 yrs female cat does same thing).

Please advise if she should have a work up of test - really don't want to put her through blood tests and xrays if possible. But want to do the best thing for her.
Old March 16th, 2006, 04:33 AM

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=24844
A thread of the same subject has already been posted and replied to. This thread will be closed to avoid confusion.
Closed Thread