Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Pets that have passed away - Rainbow bridge

Old January 16th, 2006, 04:29 PM

Oreo has passed

As I sit here reading the other posts, I cry remembering my kitty Oreo. His health has gradually declined over the past year. This past Saturday, I found Oreo not being able to move his hind quarters at all. He has had muscle atrophy back there and has not been able to move well for a while, but he still was able to get around. On saturday, I had to lift him to a sitting position and he could actually maintain it. Although his head started to droop, like he had no energy left to keep it up. It is so heartbreaking seeing him in that condition. He wouldnt even purr when I petted him. I called the vet that morning and made arrangements to bring him in. I carried Oreo in my arms into the vet office. Another customer waiting at the counter looked at Oreo and said "oh, your cat is so calm". If I wasnt so choked up at that moment, I dont think I would have replied very nicely.(I know she didnt understand the circumstances, and I wasnt too happy about them either.) I still look for him, expecting to see him waiting in the bathroom for me to turn the water on for him. Or looking into the laundry room every time I pass it to see if his litter box needs cleaning. I dont have to tell the kids to keep their bedroom door closed so Oreo doesnt go in and pee on their carpet. I just lost my other cat Storm in October, and now Oreo. I dont want to go through this again with another pet. I miss them both.
Old January 16th, 2006, 04:34 PM
Senior Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss...but I am sure he's in a better place together with Storm. It really is hard. I spent almost a year when I lost my very first cat, hearing him meow somewhere in the house. I am so sorry.
Old January 16th, 2006, 04:42 PM
Senior Contributor

Oreostorm.I am so very sorry,I don't know you or your cats,but reading about them brought me to tears:sad:
After I lost some of my cats,I kept"seeing"them in their usual spots,but of course they were not there:sad:it will take time,they are a great loss,but both Oreo and Storm are at peace,no more pain and I am sure they thank you for loving them and giving them a wonderful life
Old January 16th, 2006, 04:45 PM
Senior Contributor

I read your other posts about Oreo peeing,so we do know you after all
Old January 16th, 2006, 08:10 PM
Senior Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss. It's been a year and we've even moved since we lost our Puss-Puss and yet we still find ourselves making sure there's not something left out that she'll get into. Years of living with a cat gives you habits you don't even think about until suddenly one day you have to part with them. Your pain is so fresh right now but it will get better. Those memories that make the loss so poignant and sharp now will eventually become a source of comfort and happiness. Out of the blue, you'll remember something, or something will be posted here and jog a memory and it's so sweet. I know what you're going though. Let yourself mourn for her. Everyone here understands.