Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old January 22nd, 2006, 06:39 PM
-

Question Sasha's Blend

Anyone have experience with Sasha's blend ? Ceili has severe dysplasia and my bank account and I are hoping to postpone double hip replacements for as long as I can but I found as she gets older ( 6 yrs now) the tetchier her gut is getting so I'm reluctant to put her through another new treatment. It's always been hard to tell what she is reacting to because new things keep coming up (literally) but, I'm fairly certain her last bout of splat-yorking was due to a liquid Glucosamine/MSM/Chondroitin we tried. I've been to the Sasha's blend website, it looks like it's available through the Vet only. Is it expensive? I would be using it with all three of my big un's as Bridie is 6 and Declan is 8. If you feel it works - how long before you saw an abatement of symptoms? How active was your dawg before you began & what can they do now? Do you combine it with any other therapies or products? Any gut problems as a result? Do you also use Metacam or another NSAID - have you been able to reduce the amount you use or frequency? I would also like to hear from folks who have tried it without successful results of course and folks who have had success with other natural (non-NSAID) products.
Old January 22nd, 2006, 07:36 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

There's another company called Springtime that makes joint supplements etc and they come highly recommended from some Saint people in the USA. You have to call them on their 1-800 number to get canadian orders. Sasha's blend was sent to me recently but I have not had any reports about it yet. Springtime I know has had success.
Old January 22nd, 2006, 08:58 PM
Senior Contributor

BeagleMom is the one to ask about this. It is carried by my vet as well, but haven't looked at price.
Old January 22nd, 2006, 11:21 PM
-

Thanks - I just checked out the Springtime website. Hopefully Beaglemom will read this thread and let me know her opinion and experience with Sasha's Blend !
Old January 23rd, 2006, 08:13 AM

My beagle, Misty, is on Sasha's Blend. She has been on it now for about 2 years or so. She has bad hips and bad knees. She will be 10 in June. We've had really good results with it. Before she was on Sasha's Blend, her arthritis got so bad that she couldn't climb stairs, wouldn't jump on furniture or people. She looked really sad and in a lot of pain. We started her on the Sasha's Blend and within 2 days saw a remarkable improvement. She was able to climb stairs, run around, jump up to give kisses or steal food! She was even jumping on furniture again. Normally it takes at least a couple of weeks to see improvement, the vet says Misty was the exception to the rule. It is definitely cheaper than NSAIDs. We use the powdered Sasha's Blend and buy the biggest jar available which is approx. $100. It lasts us about a year. Misty weighs 30lbs so that would give you an indication of how much it would cost you for your doggies. It is only available through vets and even then not all carry it. We have had no problems with it and Misty seems to really like it. It smells good to her I guess. We haven't had to use any other form of arthritic pain relief as of yet either.
Old January 23rd, 2006, 08:48 AM

I have a nine year old lab who comes in for boarding who's been on it for about a year.She has arthritis and I've noticed how much better she's moving.That's the only pain meds they have her on.It does smell really great too!