Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants

Old January 3rd, 2006, 09:48 AM

Smile Have you ever heard a toy poodle howl?

Well, I have....yesterday. My boyfriend and I are visiting his parents, and they have two male dogs: a terrier mix and a shih tzu. Well, their previous dog was some sort of hound so it taught the two dogs to howl. That in itself is quite amusing to watch, but I found out that once they get agoing howling, Molly will howl. And it's absolutely hilarious. It's very quiet, but it sounds so ridiculous coming from her. She has some sort of complex with these dogs. She wants to do whatever they do...they take their kibble to eat on the carpet, she does too...lifting her leg to copy the males (and squatting at the same time)...howling...
Old January 3rd, 2006, 11:11 AM
PeachesnSimon'sMamma

hehe that must've been quite the sound. peaches started to "scrape" after going just like simon, only the first few times she did it, she'd lose her balance and stumble. simon likewise started to squat like peaches to pee. funny how they mimick each other

~Those who KNOW better are responsible to TEACH better~

Jenn, Simon and Peaches
12/14/03
Old January 3rd, 2006, 12:50 PM

When I was working in a kennel, there were about 40 dogs in a room at one time and two labs didn't like all the barking, so they started to howl. All the dogs howled. It was beautiful and hilarious at the same time. There was a beagle, german shep, some lab mixes, a bernese, a couple of huskies, a dobie, all sorts of doggies. The one with the best voice though was the boxer.
Old January 10th, 2006, 04:53 PM
Albert's mommy

Albert has howled from day one...at first i thought something was wrong..soon we learned it's his way of 'talking' to us. He does it for like 2 minutes when I first come home. I joke that he's telling on my boyfriend! So I play along..'and then what did he do??' All we need to do is make a howling noise and he starts up. If we sing he does it too. In general, whenever he wants attention. It's sooo adorable..it starts as a little whiny noise in the back of his throat...then he looks up at the sky...then a few seconds later he just belts it out!! ha! It's like this big production.