Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum

View Poll Results: The holidays have:
Freshened me up!! Yey! Woohoo! Relentless Enthusiasm! 3 14.29%
Worn me down. Bah Humbug. Back to work.... blech. :sad: 6 28.57%
A bit of both. I had a great time, but I'm not too happy about going back to work. 7 33.33%
A bit of both. I had a horrible time but I'm thrilled about going back to work. 5 23.81%
What? I'm still on vacation. I hate polls. What holidays? 0 0%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 18th, 2003, 12:47 PM
Kitty Consort

Whew! They're over!

I picked at bit of both. Though I did enjoy some family times - I was literally counting the days till they were done with, and never have I been so glad to see the season come to a close.
I do sympathize with those of you who have to return to work and/or school.. That can be a big letdown. I recall even Sunday nights becoming depressing... where the heck did the weekend go?
Old January 3rd, 2006, 01:00 AM

Poll of the night! Do you feel well-rested after the holidays?

Maybe this will be a back-to-work rant thread. Maybe it'll be a cheery fresh-off-rest thread... Who knows?

Have the holidays freshened you up, worn you down or a bit of both?

All I know is I start school on Wednesday after a whopping 12 days off and I'm not looking forward to it at all. But my courseload is less this semester and it's the last one before I'm Ms. Prin BSc Biology (Specialization), (I expect you all to call me that too eh? NEVER!) which is a bit of a boost. The end is NEAR! (until next year)

But it's always sad to take down the tree, even if my tree might help fight the evil bird flu... (They make Tamiflu with a chemical derived from evergreens but mine will probably be turned into chips to be resold to me as compost..) And it means less time with the doggies, less time with the man and less time for sleeping... He gets this whole week off, lucky battid.
Old January 3rd, 2006, 01:21 AM

I was so tired of it all this year that I took down my decorations on the night of January 1rst. And I still have one more christmas to go on January 6!
Old January 3rd, 2006, 01:25 AM

Really? That's too bad. When I made the poll, I really didn't think anybody would pick "thrilled about going back to work"...
Old January 3rd, 2006, 01:37 AM

I wanted to pick I had a horrible time and it was the closest to the truth.
Old January 3rd, 2006, 07:49 AM

Kennel was full for the four weeks around Christmas,they start going home the end of the week.Christmas morning was fun .Get seventeen dogs walked fed etc,get hay and water to horses,feed chickens and bunnies outside,do all of inside guys,unwrap gifts with husband, kids and our dogs,be at parents for lunch!!Ahhh!!!but I still love Christmas.
Old January 3rd, 2006, 09:03 AM

Horrible time, thrilled to be going back

Alright, I don't work at an office or anything, but, I do have twin babies, and that's like never stopping work, soooo, I guess, I'm kind of happy that everyone (else in my family) is going back to work, and I can get back to our daily schedule. The house is nuts without our regular schedule.
Christmas was not quite what I had hoped for, not quite as bad as horrible, but defenitely not the best.
Old January 4th, 2006, 02:24 PM

*bumped due to posting date error*
Old January 4th, 2006, 02:40 PM
Senior Contributor

My mom was in the hospital and that really threw a wrench in the works. So we were a little stressed and tired for the actual day of Christmas.

But since she has improved and gone home, we are all more relaxed and we've been watching movies, sleeping in, having some cozy family times so I'm feeling VERY content and refreshed !!
Old January 4th, 2006, 05:05 PM
Personal servant to Joey

I am not to happy about going back to work. The way my job works you have to work a certain amount within a pay period if not you get paid $2 less an hour. Anyways I worked an extra day to make up for boxing day so I could have 4 days off. But then I discovered I worked the wrong pay period so I got overtime for that pay period, I had to work an extra day this pay period or I would lose the difference and get paid $2 less for the whole pay period. So I basically had to work two days to make up for the one day that I missed.

Also customers are really grouchy, the past couple of days and I seem to be in their line of fire.

Spay or neuter your girl or guy
Please dont let us multiply!
Old January 4th, 2006, 07:35 PM
owned by Tucker

I picked wore me down but I had to work New years. I enjoyed my Christmas as I had 6 days off in a row. Now I can't wait until the weekend so I can take down the decorations and get some rest. Yeah right whats that I have a border collie, its time to play .
Old January 5th, 2006, 12:04 AM

I'm sorry so many of you are worn down and had Chrapmasses...:sad: I hope next year is better. I know it will be.

Shamrock, is it hijacking if you steal the head of the thread? I know, it's the glitch. I'm messin'. I'm glad you managed to have some good times this Christmas.

Joeysmama, I hope everything settles down soon. Has your bro stepped back at least?

Joey's mom, I know what you mean- I used to work in customer service and people are mean in the post-holidays.

Doggylover, if you want to chill out, you can always borrow Boo... He'll loaf and mope with you and LOVE it.