Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum > Movies - T.V. - Videos

Old January 2nd, 2006, 08:31 PM
Albert's mommy

Run to catch King Kong!!

I caught in this weekend. it was awesome! A bit long so make sure you pick a theatre with comfy seats! I wasn't too big on it at first, but i was pleasently surprised. Lots of action and great CGI effects..
Old January 2nd, 2006, 09:14 PM

Aww... You shudda posted before. We were going to catch the 8:45 show tonight but didn't get off our hineys in time... (probably would have been sold out though).
Old January 6th, 2006, 06:07 PM
<-----nut ball

My bf wants to see it, but I have absolutely NO URGE to. I hate that girl in it (can't think of her name) and did not like any of the previous king kongs. My bf thinks I am being too judgemental. I would just rather wait for it to come on video and then borrow it for free from someone.
Old January 9th, 2006, 06:00 PM
Albert's mommy

raingirl..i was just like you. I had NO interest in any king kong movies, i thought the plot would be kinda dumb. my bf is a graphic designer so he wanted to go to check out the special effects. I turned out to really like it! I know what you mean about hating certain actresses. You can't pay me to see a gwyneth paltrow movie. ha!
Old January 24th, 2006, 04:24 PM
Hunter & Bogart's daddy

Sorry if this post offends anybody but it has to be said...

While the special effects and graphics may have been amazing, what drove me away from this movie is the stupid plot/idea. Put yourself in the shoe of one of those adventurers (or whatever you wanna call them), and you came across an dinosaur (T-Rex I believe?) and a giant gorilla. Which one would you have taken home? The giant gorilla is amazing, but there's a slim chance that it could have been a growth spurt gone horribly out of control. The dinosaur on the other hand, is known to be already extinct, so wouldn't you think people would be more interested in seeing that?

Just my $0.02.
Old January 24th, 2006, 09:00 PM
Slave to the Wigglebum

Quote:
Originally Posted by raingirl
My bf wants to see it, but I have absolutely NO URGE to. I hate that girl in it (can't think of her name) and did not like any of the previous king kongs. My bf thinks I am being too judgemental. I would just rather wait for it to come on video and then borrow it for free from someone.
I'm with you on this one. I have no desire to see this movie. I told Jim he can watch it by himself because I hate the idea and that I think it's cruel. He thinks I'm ridiculous, but I don't care. I've just never been a fan of the entire concept of the movie.