Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Pets that have passed away - Rainbow bridge

Old December 9th, 2005, 04:01 AM

my 2 little birds

hi this is very hard for me yesterday at 11 pm came from work to find my bird scrapy dead i was very sad but the second bird named bibi was kinda weak it was shaking like she was cold but house was at 76f.Took the dead bird and buried it behind my house took bibi out of cage and put it in the box near heater for the night.went to work came home and she was wery weak couldn't keep her eyes open she couldn't stand up i took her in my hands massage her keep her worm then i see her opening her mouth and closing like she was gasping for her last breath after few secs she started dying few more secs and she passed away in my hands.something came in to my throat my tears just wanted to burts out i went to basement didnt want my girl friend to see me cry never cryed in my life for anything but this was to mutch i loved those birds im 23 yeard old and im crying as im writing sorry for misspelled words and thank you had to get it out cant hold it in
Old December 9th, 2005, 06:39 AM
Senior Contributor

takeaway,don't be embarassed to cry over a loss,the size of the pet does not measure how much you love it and you obviously loved your birds a lot.

I don't know what kind of birds you had,but I lost 2 Budgies about the same way,they just died:sad:
Also,don't hide your tears,I believe your girlfriend would love you even more,knowing you cared so much for your little birds....
Old December 9th, 2005, 10:08 AM

I am so sorry to hear about your birds. It is never easy, at least they went together, I know birds can get very lonely when one is gone. It is ok to grieve for your little friends.
Salem - DSH

Our pets are our teachers, healers, heroes, and friends.
Old December 9th, 2005, 11:04 AM

thank you for support its hard when u have a pet for some time and it suddenly goes away this sunday hopefully will get new ones same kind the sadest thing was watching them die in my hands and not able to do anything and they ware 8 months old don't realy know the type of birds they are will ask next time i get them and sorry for your loses i feel very bad
Old December 9th, 2005, 12:47 PM
-

Sorry for the loss of your little buddies. It is always hard to lose a pet. Unfortunately with birds they hide illness until it is too late to help them in most cases. It could have been anything, except old age from using scented candles or non stick cook ware to disease or chill. Whatever the reason it hurts.
Old December 11th, 2005, 11:02 PM

yes it hurts but it gave me idea what to look for next time if they get sick anything strange im taking them to vet