Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants > Pet Stories - anecdotes - jokes

Old November 30th, 2005, 09:24 PM

Thumbs up Jack the Thread

Omg I just read the thread jacking thread. I almost peed my pants laughing and thought why isn't that in the humour and joke area.

Soooooooo um, a tribute to Eddy, Frasiers fathers dog on that show..... Frasier..... so the show came to a close and Poor Eddy didn't get the recognition he deserved. He was the coolest dog ever!!! Don't you think? I actually saw one just like him in the Humane Society and they named him Eddy too. I wanted him soo bad but he was taken. No dount the moment he walked in the door.

Last edited by PEDPA; November 30th, 2005 at 11:34 PM.
Old December 1st, 2005, 12:16 AM

Male Jacks are either named Eddie or Jack. There are so many that pop up in shelters. My uncle got one because my dad had one (you know, older brother contests? ) and she lasted 6 months before he couldn't stand her anymore. People don't realize how high energy they can be. If they do realize that, then they end up with a fabulous, sweet, super fun doggy (the side you only get to see when you exercise them enough).

My dad's Jack is funny too because in cold weather, they'll go walk him and along the route, he'll just decide all of a sudden that he's done and he'll turn around and head home. Sensible doggies.

One thing I've figured out having a back yard is that you never let a dog out alone, even for a minute, when their bellies are full. They must feel like they're set for a couple of days and they just wander away. If you put them out a bit hungry, they'll be back...
Old December 1st, 2005, 11:21 PM

my dog got a new puppy for himself

I let caspar out for a run and when i went out and called him in...... he came running down the back hill.... out of the bushes..that lead to no where..... with a new puppy friend! He was like one of those little poo poo mixes of some sort and he was DIRRRRRRRRRTY !!!! i sooo wanted to give him a bath and blow dry him and make him smell pretty. It reminded me of that song that phoebe from friends sang ....... Smelly cat. She said no one undertands just how smelly the cat really is!
Old December 1st, 2005, 11:24 PM

What happened to the buddy? Are you going to have to find his owner?
Old December 1st, 2005, 11:30 PM

Well he smelled soo bad that my husband wouldnt let me let him in the house. he thought that he was carrying some funky disease or virus and didnt want the baby to catch anything or the dog for that matter and he said... look, i'll take you out to dinner.... if we come back and he's still here, you can bathe him and we'll find his owners tomorrow. I put up a fight for a while and then realized that maybe some big brown eyed little girl somewhere was probably crying for her puppy.....but i also thought, if the dog looked that bad,,,,,, maybe the little girl looked that bad... and then i felt bad for not bathing the poor little thing. Needless to say he wasnt there when i got home. BUT if i EVER see him again, he's getting dunked in the tub and blow dried to a poofectly purdy poo poo. And i dont think a big hearty meal would have hurt him either. I think I'll nick name him rags!