Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Thank you - Heros big and small

Old November 29th, 2005, 09:30 PM
Senior Contributor

just saying thanks to pets.ca

This is an amazing site.

I realized that of all the places I visit on the net, I visit this one daily during the week, and sometimes on the weekend. I hate to get behind with what is being said.

The owners, moderators and members of this site should be proud to work with such a wonderful site.

I came here back in May, looking for a cat bandage, and have been coming ever since to see pictures, hear stories, share tears.

Although I may not be here that often, I appreciate all of you that are here and converse so often. Many times I read without posting, but I do share the laughter and the tears.

Thanks to all who make this site such a nice place to "have to visit" so often.

Special thanks to those who foster and find homes for so many.

Just feeling sentimental and wanted to share.

Diane
Old November 29th, 2005, 09:39 PM
Senior Contributor

just saying thanks to pet.ca

I agree !! I've been visiting this site for just matter of weeks, maybe a month or two. I can't believe how helpful and generous the members are on this site. I came here looking for advice when Joey was sick, and support when he passed.

Now we have a new puppy. He's not my first dog but he is my first puppy. So now I come here like a new mommy needing advice. And there's always great advice here. I've been reading the boards, at least a few of the forums, about twice a day. This is such a wonderful resource for me.

I appreciate the devotion that everyone shows for their pets, and the concern that you have for other people's animals as well.

Thank you so much !
Old November 29th, 2005, 09:42 PM

I've said it before, but I'll say it again: it's nice to have a place where over-caring about pets is normal and there's nobody here who says "just" an animal. It's great.
Old November 29th, 2005, 10:13 PM
Senior Contributor

just saying thanks to pet.ca

Prin, that's it exactly !! No one says "just" an animal. It's nice to be around others who understand the worth of these creatures.
Old November 30th, 2005, 01:57 PM
Senior Contributor

AMEN! I agree.
I hate that when people say its just a dog. Just a dog... JUST A DOG????
Old December 1st, 2005, 11:15 AM
Senior Contributor

It IS a great place to come. It's too bad, but I think most here will agree we get more concern and understanding here than we get from our own families or "real life" friends, where pets are concerned.

I know the sympathy and caring I got here when I lost my Stinkerbell was so much appreciated and very kind. When I told a life-long friend about her, all she said was "Well, I thought you didn't want 3 cats anyway." Can you believe that??
Old December 1st, 2005, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prin
I've said it before, but I'll say it again: it's nice to have a place where over-caring about pets is normal and there's nobody here who says "just" an animal. It's great.
I agree, most people think I am a little extreme and a bit of a freak because I put such a high value on pets, and am pretty much obseesed with them. Thanks pets.ca for making me feel normal!
Salem - DSH

Our pets are our teachers, healers, heroes, and friends.
Old December 1st, 2005, 11:38 AM
Administrator - Pet lover

On behalf of the Admins -
Wow! Thank you! That's so nice to hear.

Quote:
It IS a great place to come. It's too bad, but I think most here will agree we get more concern and understanding here than we get from our own families or "real life" friends, where pets are concerned.
I think DBL made a great point and that is the reason we've built such a great caring community. We seem to understand on a deep level, the love we and others have for our pets. That does make us seem a bit nutty from the points of view of other people looking in who don't share our passion for pets.
But this is OUR board - a pet lover's board.

I mean where else would we be able to post so freely that our half Jewish cats celebrated their Cat-Mitzvahs because they turned 13 this year?

Thanks again everyone!
Marko
ADMIN
Attached Images

Old December 1st, 2005, 11:51 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
I mean where else would we be able to post so freely that our half Jewish cats celebrated their Cat-Mitzvahs because they turned 13 this year?
Now I think that's going just a little bit too far!!

Ummm...Mazel Tov!!
Attached Images

Old December 1st, 2005, 02:42 PM

Quote:
That pic is the funniest thing I have seen all day. I wish all people involved their pets that much.
Old December 1st, 2005, 03:01 PM
Senior Contributor

We were fortunate to receive a lot of sympathy when Joey died. We even got sympathy cards. It was while he was ill that people thought we were crazy, spending money on vet bills. My mother made a comment or two about that--told me that it would just be better to have him pts and that he was suffering and we were spending too much money, and she hadn't seen him at all while he was sick so how would she know if he was suffering?

My nephew's wife is a devoted doggie lover and she was pretty vocal about the responisbilities of pet ownership---so I have to say that aside from my mother we were fortunate. And my mom DID cry when he passed. She was upset over it.

And the day after, even though I didn't want to leave the house, two of my very dear friends cleared their morning and insisted on taking me out to breakfast. That was so hard. But I went because I so appreciated that they recognized my loss. After that we stayed in and cried for days. I lost 6 pounds and could only eat bland food when I ate.

He was NOT "just" anything. That dog gave more than he ever knew he was giving.

I didn't mean to go on about that. Sorry

By the way--Mazel Tov !! That is one handsome cat! And a Cat Mitzvah !?!? TOO CUTE !!!!

I love that there isn't anyone here who would think we were nuts if they saw us shopping for the dog and fawning over the dog, and arguing over who the dog likes best ! (I really really want it to be me ! )