Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog food forum

Old November 6th, 2005, 05:51 PM

Unhappy Fussy Eater

I have a 2 year old black lab who has decided he doesn't like any of his food. I am sure it is our fault; feeding him people feed every now and then until I think he is holding out, thinking we will give him our food. Anyway, he LOVED BilJac but I have since found out that this is not the best food for dogs and he also developed allergies. We purchased Kumpi and he just sniffs it and walks away. We were mixing Kumpi with wet science diet but I hate to mix up so many foods; don't want him to be sick. We tried the Iams Gravy and that didn't work either. Do you just keep giving him the dry food until he eventually gets hungry enough to eat it? Thanks.
Old November 6th, 2005, 08:53 PM

Can you post the ingredients (maybe the first 10 or so) of the Kumpi here? I've never heard of it.

I would never encourage you to "force" your dog to eat a food unless it's a top of the line food, which Biljac and Iams certainly are not.

Also, too much switching will upset this doggy's system, so be very careful and switch foods very gradually (over the course of a week or so).

Have you tried Solid Gold Wolf King? All the dogs I recommend it to LOVE it and the ingredients are really good, and good for allergies (usually allergies are to corn, wheat, or soy, which Solid Gold doesn't use). Try to get a sample of Wolf King from your dog food store (regular pet stores might not have it).
Wolf King
Old November 6th, 2005, 08:58 PM

Also try reading this thread. The doggy was a puppy, but the practical advice is the same.
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=20956

And if you need other suggestions of different foods to try, we tend to recommend the same stuff over and over throughout the dog food forum.