Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants

Old October 28th, 2005, 09:43 PM
Slave to the Wigglebum

Cool Odd Pet Likes and Dislikes

Does anyone else have a pet who has odd likes? Jesse loves getting massaged by the electric massager (we can't bring it out without her getting a massage too), pickles, red peppers out of the garden, whipped cream out of a can, hot sauce, wasabe, loves baths, hates rain, sucking the juice out of watermelon and honeydew, but hates the actual fruit, throws her dry food in the air and chases it down -- as if it were stalking her, and so many other things. Let's hear if I'm the only owner who has a weird pet!!!

Last edited by jesse's mommy; October 28th, 2005 at 10:15 PM.
Old October 28th, 2005, 10:15 PM

Not sure if this is weird or not but I recently discovered Kayla hates cigarette smoke. I'm an ex-smoker (been quit 4 years ) but had a cigarette the other night with an old high school buddy who still smokes (you know those old reunion girly nights). Kayla first went up to see what on earth I was putting in my mouth, then backed up and gave me this look of total confusion and disgust. Every time any smoke went in her direction she shook her head and ran away. Needless to say her look of disapproval and disgust made me feel think twice about what I was doing!

As for her likes she absolutely loves squash- raw pumpkin or butternut squash, raw seeds guts peel and everything. Kinda strange because she's really not into veggies other than that.
Old October 29th, 2005, 09:31 AM
Slave to the Wigglebum

Here's a few more, we have an electric bubble machine that we put doggie bubbles in and she's petrified of it, she is also uneasy with snow falling on her, but loves to play in the snow, and she chases leaves as they fall of the trees or are blown in the wind....

Any others?
Old October 30th, 2005, 10:55 AM

Boo loves mango. And if you lunge at him with a water dish, he'll get soooo excited that it gets dangerous if you're not outside.

Jemma likes men. She'll only go see a woman if there's no men in the room...
Old October 30th, 2005, 11:05 AM
Senior Contributor

Winnie loves being vacumned. I use the round soft plastic nossle and brush her. Every time I start to vacumn she comes running thinking its for her.
Old October 31st, 2005, 10:49 AM

My Mom's Cat Tipper loves being blow dryed. She come running when she hears the blow dryer, and you have to blow her for a minute. I alway thought this was a little bizarre.
Salem - DSH

Our pets are our teachers, healers, heroes, and friends.
Old October 31st, 2005, 12:18 PM
PeachesnSimon'sMamma

Simon loves grapes, I have to be careful getting them directly from the bag to the fridge otherwise he's got the whole bag on his bed and I'm grapeless.
Old October 31st, 2005, 02:27 PM
Devoted Dog Member

Schultz loves to attack the vacuum, which makes it very difficult to get any cleaning done. He also goes bonkers (crying, dancing and barking) when I put up his toys to air dry after coming out of the washing machine. He also loves empty water containers....
Attached Images

Last edited by SchnauzerGirl; October 31st, 2005 at 03:31 PM.
Old October 31st, 2005, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawert1
Simon loves grapes, I have to be careful getting them directly from the bag to the fridge otherwise he's got the whole bag on his bed and I'm grapeless.
Not sure if you know this already but thought I'd mention that grape seeds are poisonous to dogs, so they should only ever eat seedless grapes!
Old October 31st, 2005, 06:15 PM
Slave to the Wigglebum

Schultz is such a cutie. He has very mischievous eyes.
Old October 31st, 2005, 06:33 PM
Devoted Dog Member

My vet mentioned not to feed grapes at all to Schultz, but I remember feeding loads of grapes to the dog that I had growing up and he was fine! It would make sense that the seeds are the bad part to grapes... I hate seeds in grapes and don't eat them.

Schultz is VERY mischievous, but so cute and so funny! I like it when he dances when I come home from work, not to mention the hugs and kisses I get when I get down on his level to greet him.
Old October 31st, 2005, 07:46 PM

No, it's not the seeds; it's the grapes in general that cause kidney failure.
Old November 1st, 2005, 06:45 AM
PeachesnSimon'sMamma

I only get seedless but it's good to know, I'll make sure he doesn't get into them anymore. Thanks!
Old November 1st, 2005, 12:16 PM
Not-so-senior member

Big bad Rommel is scared of only one thing, as far as I can tell. Fluttering the pages of a book. You know when you do it fast so the pages go *zip!* If you do this near Rommel, he becomes very uneasy, curls his lip, and leaves the room. THat's a study habit I have had to break. Otherwise, he has pretty typical likes/dislikes, as do the rest of our kids.

My Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/allezany/
Rommel at www.dogster.com/?229253
MooShu at www.dogster.com/?229250
LucyLoo at www.catster.com/?229801
Ruby at www.catster.com/?229807
Old November 1st, 2005, 03:51 PM

Molly is afraid of hats. She'll bark and run away from any hat, especially if it's on a person. We discovered this a couple days after we got her when my boyfriend found an old sombrero from a halloween costume. He put it on and came downstairs, and Molly freaked out. I was holding her when this happened, and she peed all over me.
Molly loves pieces of apple. Everytime my boyfriend and I eat an apple, she whines and cries until we give her a piece of it.
Old November 1st, 2005, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpietra16
Winnie loves being vacumned. I use the round soft plastic nossle and brush her. Every time I start to vacumn she comes running thinking its for her.
That is funny...Haley does the same thing. I try and vacumm the house she get infront of it and wants me to get the attachment I do one side then she turns around i do the other when she is done she will walk away and i can go back to vacumming..
Old November 2nd, 2005, 01:29 PM
Senior Contributor

My parents yellow lab also loves to be vacuumed. So cute!

As for capone he likes to be blow dried. If am blow drying my hair and Im upside down he will sit right there and put his head up trying to catch a breeze. he also loves baths and warm bath water. He will sit and watch you in the tub while trying to either lick the water or any skin that has touched water.
He's terrified of the baby gate. Scared of most cats especially the ones who follow us when walking past their house.
Oh and he gets so mad at the flies that get into the house and keep landing on him while hes trying to sleep. He starts grumbling and gets his annoyed face on and tries snapping at them then he will get up and change spots. They really bug him.
Doesn't like large loud trucks.

He also will try to wedge himself between me and my SO even if its the smallest space in the world. So he ends up in the most oddest positions, legs or head falling of the couch. If your laying on the couch on your back he will climb along your body ignoring all owe's you let out, walk right up to your chest and try curling up on your chest. Usually resting his head on your face. So basically I can't breath nor can I see.... but as long as he's comfortable.
Old November 2nd, 2005, 01:49 PM
Slave to the Wigglebum

I just had another one triggered when I read about big trucks. Jesse was in the car with me, summertime, windows rolled down and we are sitting at a red light when a tractor trailer pulls up next to us. Well you know how loud they are right? Well, Jesse thought it was growling at her and started growling back at the truck. It was one of the funniest things I've ever seen, so now anytime she hears a tractor trailer, she growls at it.
Old November 2nd, 2005, 01:54 PM

Wow! I never would have guessed....

Judge and the vacuum cleaner are mortal enemies. He also harbors a deep resentment toward the lawnmower.

I suppose his strangest hobby is running into things. At first we thought he was just clumsy but now we have realized that he actually does this on purpose. He will get what can only be described as a case of the 'slow motion zoomies' where he takes on the stance of a full-on gallop but then sort of hops around like a bunny rabbit .... then he spins his body around and tries to slide like a bowling ball into chairs, walls, toys, and people. (He particularly likes bowling for people...) He has several 'targets' in the house and he'll repeat circles of bunny hopping until he has successfully thudded into each and every one of them. Then he suddenly lies down and pretends it never happened.

Quite conveniently - I am not one to collect china or precious crystal.

Our home's current lack of drywall has motivated him to enlarge the thudding arena and add a few extra targets... He's sure to have a few headaches once we get the walls back in place.

http://www.vasavana.blogspot.com