Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants

View Poll Results: Are your pets on your answering machine?
Heck yeah! Of course! It's pure entertainment and it's fun! 1 5.00%
No. It's not professional, but I'd like to put them on there. 1 5.00%
Yes! Against my better judgement. 2 10.00%
No, it's not like they're expecting any calls. 10 50.00%
Yes! But nobody calls me anyway. 1 5.00%
Soon. I just got my doggy, so the message is the next step. 1 5.00%
Why are there so many options when there are only two possible answers? What the hey? 2 10.00%
My option is not here. I'm always left out. What was the question? 6 30.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 21st, 2005, 12:22 AM

Talking Are your pets on your answering machine?

Poll of the night? Or of the week?

My dad says I won't get a job because my answering machine message is "unprofessional". Basically, it's something along these lines:

Me: Do you want to go to the dog park?
Jemma: Yes! Hell, yes! Hurry up woman! Open the friggen door already! (in dog language)
Boo: Yes I wouldn't mind doing that either (in deeper toned dog language)
Me: I guess we have to go to the P-A-R-K then. I'll call you back later.

It's me. And it's not as boring as (read in a dull, monotone voice): hi,i'mnotinrightnow.pleaseleaveamessage BEEP

Do you have your pets on your machine? Do you think it's the real reason you don't get as many calls as you'd like?
Old October 21st, 2005, 10:18 AM
Senior Contributor

unfortunately, I have the generic answering machine lady on mine. (you know, the voice that CAME with the machine)

"hello-we are unavailable to take your call - please leave a message after the tone - BEEEEEEEP"

I keep forgetting to put batteries in my machine, so everytime we lose power the message gets erased, and I've just given up.

Tucker freaks out when PEOPLE leave messages - he thinks they are trapped in the machine, and it's his job get them out... do you have any idea of the destruction if he heard BARKING coming out of it?

omg.... bu-bye answering machine.
Old October 21st, 2005, 10:37 AM
<-----nut ball

I only have a cell phone, and use it for business sometimes, so it's pretty professional. If we ever get a home phone, then yes, we would TRY to get odin on it, but he doesn't really bark. Maybe we could get him "talking" on it.
Old October 23rd, 2005, 08:47 PM
Flyball Mom

I was going to, but didn't. I was gonna have her bark in the background.... safety, I live alone let them know I have a large dog in the house.

I was gonna do something like "Hi, I can't come to the phone right now, and Willow is talented, but has not learned how to right down messages yet, (*bark*) so trust the electronics and leave a message on the machine and I will get back to you."

www.dogster.com/dogs/563959

If you learn one new thing from each person you meet, you will be a fountain of knowledge and your life complete. --Me
Old October 23rd, 2005, 10:51 PM

I never even thought of putting Molly on my answering machine! Well, in order to do that, I guess I'd have to have one. I just have a cell phone, and since I'm job hunting, the message is professional.
Old October 25th, 2005, 09:46 PM

Niki hasn't made it on to our voice mail, at least I don't think she's there, it's hard to hear ME over the kids yelling in the background. My Mom's dog was on mine once and her cat left me a message once, totally funny.
Old October 26th, 2005, 01:00 AM
cat slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessi76
unfortunately, I have the generic answering machine lady on mine. (you know, the voice that CAME with the machine)
OMG!! there's someone trapped in your answering machine too?? I called them about it but my message wasn't returned lol
Old October 26th, 2005, 04:01 AM
Not-so-senior member

Quote:
"Hi, I can't come to the phone right now, and Willow is talented, but has not learned how to right down messages yet, (*bark*) so trust the electronics and leave a message on the machine and I will get back to you."
That's so cute--I really think you must do that.

No pets on our machine. Guess it never occurred to me--our message is pretty straightforward, and once I get one that doesn't drive me nuts to hear my own voice, I leave it alone. I think we've had the same message since 1982.

I always have to call this one surgeon at home when he doesn't return my pages...he's known on our floor for being a little testy and he's one that before you call, you take a big, deep breath and brace yourself. Well, I was so surprised the first time I called that this brusque, serious doc has recorded a message that goes something like, "Muffin, Pepper, and Jolly can't come to the phone right now, but if you'd like to leave a message...." It just cracked me up, and I've always looked at him a little differently now that I know what a dog lover he is.

My Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/allezany/
Rommel at www.dogster.com/?229253
MooShu at www.dogster.com/?229250
LucyLoo at www.catster.com/?229801
Ruby at www.catster.com/?229807
Old October 26th, 2005, 10:22 AM
Formerly known as Grover4

We don't have them on there because BF was looking for a new job and that was where people would call for him. Now that he has found one, I guess I could change it. Never really though of it.